MI MI - Detroit, BlkFem 18-22, UP11951, in alley, stretch marks, scar, Sz 8 shoe, clothes, Sept'67

I can only find two cases of missing black African American women that were reported as missing before 1967 in NamUs. One would have only been 8 in 1967, the other would still be too young, but close:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24308/0
I doubt it's her, but other than that, it would appear this young woman wasn't reported missing, or under reported.

Coincidentally, they're from the same state, but it's a bit of a stretch.

I emailed Lori Bruski about this case and she said that this is one of 300 cases on the exhumation list in Michigan. Unfortunately, exhumations are extremely expensive in Michigan and the funding doesn’t become available very often so we have no idea when she will be exhumed. Hopefully, it'll be soon and she can be compared to Adele Wells.

1325UFMI

Date of Discovery:
September 30, 1967
Location of Discovery: Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 18-22 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair Color: Black, styled in a short afro.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Thin build. Stretch marks on abdomen vertical linear scar below right knee. A positive blood type.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White fishnet hose (thigh highs), pink short peacoat, bright red sleeveless dress-short above the knee and a white wool sweater cardigan. One size 8 black cloth shoe.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's body was discovered in an alleyway at the rear of 3613 Liddesdale Street in Detroit Michigan.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Wayne County Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Carl Schmidt
Agency Phone Number: 313-833-2504
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 67-7339

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 11951

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Street view where she was found

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This (super sparse) case reminds me of this Jane Doe, though I have no clue why she'd be in Detroit. Her NAMUS file says she was last seen on April 26, 1968, but the Circumstances section says 'Cellastine was last seen by her family in Jersey City NJ, approximately 1967-1968, where she disappeared after work. Her family never heard from her again.'.

This (super sparse) case reminds me of this Jane Doe, though I have no clue why she'd be in Detroit. Her NAMUS file says she was last seen on April 26, 1968, but the Circumstances section says 'Cellastine was last seen by her family in Jersey City NJ, approximately 1967-1968, where she disappeared after work. Her family never heard from her again.'.
That’s interesting. I think it’s a good possibility if there’s a chance she was last known alive on April 26, 1967. That’s an oddly specific month/day considering the uncertainty of the year.

That’s interesting. I think it’s a good possibility if there’s a chance she was last known alive on April 26, 1967. That’s an oddly specific month/day considering the uncertainty of the year.

Maybe the date is someone's birthday or something like that. If the report was filed years later then they it would make sense why they can remember the date but not the year.

Maybe the date is someone's birthday or something like that. If the report was filed years later then they it would make sense why they can remember the date but not the year.
Good point!

On the PM photo on namus

The teeths are visible, JD has her front teeth sticking out a bit and it appears like there is a small gap. Similar front teeth for Celestine.

I'm not convinced there is match though, JD appears much slimmer with a longer face but ofcourse her appearence could have changed, especially if she had a drug problem when she died. The teeth and the mouth are very similar also nose and small eyes. It's worth sending in.

On the PM photo on namus

The teeths are visible, JD has her front teeth sticking out a bit and it appears like there is a small gap. Similar front teeth for Celestine.

I'm not convinced there is match though, JD appears much slimmer with a longer face but ofcourse her appearence could have changed, especially if she had a drug problem when she died. The teeth and the mouth are very similar also nose and small eyes. It's worth sending in.

I believe someone said muscles lose their tension and rigidity after death, their features slacken a bit, so a face may appear rounder or longer. If you search Reet Jurvetson and compare her pm photo with the lovely photos of her before death, you'll see what I mean. But like you said, still worth submitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back