GUILTY IL - Cermen Toney, 4, & Anquiaette Parker, 19, East St Louis, Nov 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Dozens of searchers, including a group on horseback, spent Friday combing a wooded area here looking for a 4-year-old boy and his pregnant baby sitter, whose car was found in a nearby VFW parking lot.

The searchers failed to find the boy, Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., or the sitter, Anquiaette M. Parker, 19, who is seven months pregnant. They have been missing since Sunday.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...A3B403DAFD3A1026862570B7001CBE3F?OpenDocument

The mother of a 4-year-old boy missing with his baby sitter since Sunday said Wednesday that she trusted the sitter, even though the sitter had run off in the past.

LaToya Coleman, 24, of Centreville, said the baby sitter, Anquinaette M. Parker, 19, had taken her son, Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., overnight in the past, but always kept Coleman informed of their whereabouts.

Police say Parker, who is seven months pregnant, received a threat from a man a few days ago to "watch her back."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...0551257F0F43FE09862570B5001F989F?OpenDocument

Hope they find this little guy Cermen and his pregnant cousin Anquiaette soon.

This has been a long time missing. Lots of twists and turns in this case, sincce Cermen was with his babysitter, his cousin from a thurs to tues....

family involvement, threats, etc......a complicated missing perons case to be sure.

Prayers that they show up soon and are safe.

Search for pair turns up empty
As authorities called off a ground search early Saturday afternoon near Cahokia Mounds State Park for a 4-year-old boy and his pregnant baby sitter, frustrated relatives of the missing vowed to carry on the hunt themselves.

"I'm putting on my old boots right now, and I'm heading into the high weeds," said Gregory "Doug" Parker, 42, of Washington Park.

"We've been wanting to help with this search from day one, but police had told us to step back. Now they've quit too soon, but we won't."

Parker is the father of Anquiaette M. Parker, 19, who is seven months pregnant. She and her cousin, Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., have not been seen by family members since Nov. 6.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/C353151502CCE538862570B80022F20E?OpenDocument

Surely that isn't the only place they will search?

mysteriew said:
Surely that isn't the only place they will search?
I sure hope not. They have lots of volunteers..needless to say frantic family members ....

Composite Sketch Released; Man Could Be Linked To Disappearance Of Child, Babysitter.

(KSDK) Police are calling the man in this composite sketch a person of interest in the disappearance of Anquiaette Parker and Cermen Tony, Junior.

He is described as a white man, 5'9" with dark hair and a thin build. A witness says the man was wiping down the car Parker was driving.
Anyone with information about this man is asked to call Illinois State Police att (618) 346-3701.

More at link below:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=87909

Authorities search canal for evidence in case of missing cousins

January 3, 2006

STATE PARK PLACE, Ill. Illinois State Police have dredged a Metro East canal in the ongoing search for a four-year-old boy and his 19-year-old pregnant cousin missing since early November.

Family members say they last saw Anquiatte Parker and Cermen Lamont Toney on November Sixth. Parker had been baby-sitting the boy and told a friend in a cell phone conversation that she planned to visit another friend in Collinsville.

Her car was found days later in State Park Place.

Authorities examined debris dredged from the Cahokia Canal yesterday (Monday) morning. They're also continuing to search the surrounding area.

But State Police Lieutenant Greg Fernandez says they haven't given up hope Parker and her younger cousin -- known as "C-J" -- still are alive.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=4310155&nav=1sW7

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/local/13697553.htm

From the article:

Police have been combing an area around East St. Louis, where the two last were seen, interviewing people and following up on leads. Fernandez said police are continuing their search for the missing pair and continuing to base their focus on a "person of interest" who was identified by a witness.

The unknown witness said she saw an unidentified white male wiping down the passenger door of Parker's car. The car was found on the VFW parking lot in State Park Place.

This is one missing cse that totally baffles me. A pregnant young woman and her three year old cousin.

I see nothing in the media. Hope it hasn't gotten cold.

They are still missing 4 months later:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=95600

It's been five months since anyone has seen Anquiatte Parker and her four-year-old cousin Cermen Toney, Jr.

But Illinois Police, and a community say they won't give up, until they know what happened to the missing cousins.

Saturday afternoon, a group of volunteers joined authorities at Horseshoe Lake in Madison County to search for clues. It's an area within a 15 minute zone from where police found Anquiatte Parker's car.

and

In December, authorities identified a person of interest in the disappearance.

Recently, they received more D-N-A results from the crime lab.

~more at link~

mysteriew said:
Dozens of searchers, including a group on horseback, spent Friday combing a wooded area here looking for a 4-year-old boy and his pregnant baby sitter, whose car was found in a nearby VFW parking lot.

The searchers failed to find the boy, Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., or the sitter, Anquiaette M. Parker, 19, who is seven months pregnant. They have been missing since Sunday.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...A3B403DAFD3A1026862570B7001CBE3F?OpenDocument

The mother of a 4-year-old boy missing with his baby sitter since Sunday said Wednesday that she trusted the sitter, even though the sitter had run off in the past.

LaToya Coleman, 24, of Centreville, said the baby sitter, Anquinaette M. Parker, 19, had taken her son, Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., overnight in the past, but always kept Coleman informed of their whereabouts.

Police say Parker, who is seven months pregnant, received a threat from a man a few days ago to "watch her back."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...0551257F0F43FE09862570B5001F989F?OpenDocument

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...A3D6480FE32838D5862571EF005BDC95?OpenDocument

DNA bank aids search for missing

Federal DNA database offers hope to father of missing woman

Gregory Parker has kept a vigil in the State Park Place area since his 19-year-old daughter disappeared almost a year ago.

Anquiaette Parker's 1995 black Ford Crown Victoria was found in the neighborhood southwest of Collinsville, but she and the 4-month-old nephew she was baby-sitting have not been seen since they vanished Nov. 6. Police and volunteers have searched for Parker and the boy, Cermen Toney, at least 20 times.

Gregory Parker is eager to widen the search nationwide, and he'll soon get help from a federal database.

He added a sample of his blood for the database, which will eventually compare DNA samples taken from unidentified bodies found nationwide and those of relatives of people who disappear.

"Anything, if it would solve a case or crime or something, is worth dealing with," Parker said last week from his East St. Louis home. "I didn't expect it to take this long."

~more at link~

I wonder how hard LE have looked at the father of the girl's baby? Hard to believe anyone would kidnap a pregnant girl and a 3 month old baby isn't it?
Sounds like a boyfriend....maybe. Surprising that they haven't been found after all of this time. I thought that they had been found right away. My heart goes out to the families of the girl and the little 3 month old baby. How horrible for them.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder how hard LE have looked at the father of the girl's baby? Hard to believe anyone would kidnap a pregnant girl and a 3 month old baby isn't it?
Sounds like a boyfriend....maybe. Surprising that they haven't been found after all of this time. I thought that they had been found right away. My heart goes out to the families of the girl and the little 3 month old baby. How horrible for them.

I'm confused. Some articles say the little boy was 4 months and some say 4 years old.

The police had identified a POI in December and were waiting for DNA test results. I guess the results did not result in an arrest since we have not heard any more about it.

SewingDeb said:
I'm confused. Some articles say the little boy was 4 months and some say 4 years old.

The police had identified a POI in December and were waiting for DNA test results. I guess the results did not result in an arrest since we have not heard any more about it.

I think he must be 4 yrs old because that is what most of the articles say. They don't say anything about the father of the baby do they? Who else would abduct a pregnant gal and a 4 yr old?

Is the POI the person that was wiping down the gal's car? Odd that he would be wiping the car down if he didn't do something to them. Doesn't sound like the POI is the baby's dad although he sure could have been so I shouldn't say that. So they caught that guy and took DNA from him?

toney_cermen.jpg

Missing Since: November 6, 2005 from East Saint Louis, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: August 24, 2001
Height and Weight: 3'0, 30 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Toney's nickname is C.J. His first name may be spelled "Cerman" or "Cermon" and his middle name may be spelled "Lamont" or "Lamaunt." His hair was in cornrows at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance

Toney was last seen on the morning of November 6, 2005, at the John DeShields housing complex in East Saint Louis, Illinois. He was at the apartment of his grandmother and his cousin, Anquiatte Parker. Parker was babysitting him. Parker's grandmother is the last person known to have seen them; she went to church at 8:30 a.m. and when she returned at 3:00 p.m., they were gone. Toney's mother did not realize they were missing until November 8, when she tried to contact Parker and could not reach her.

Initially it was believed that Parker abducted Toney, but authorities announced that foul play was suspected in both disappearance after Parker's black 1995 Ford Crown Victoria with Illinois license plates numbered 8286727 was found abandoned in a parking lot in Fairmont City, Illinois. It was found on November 10, four days after Parker and Toney were last seen. There were no clues as to their whereabouts in or around the vehicle, but a witness reported seeing a man wiping its door handles. The man is described as Caucasian, between 40 and 50 years old, with dark hair, and a thin moustache. He was approximately 5'11 tall and 170 pounds, and was wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved denim shirt over a blue t-shirt, and a blue basecall cap. A composite sketch of him is posted below this case summary. He is considered a person of interest in Parker and Toney's disappearances.

Parker's boyfriend, Reginald V. Moses, was questioned about Parker and Toney's disappearances. He told authorities that Parker may have been carrying over $1,500 in cash with her when she vanished. He supplied police with information that led them to a Collinsville, Illinois man and to Parker's jacket. Investigators announced they had found "substantial" evidence which they were testing for DNA in the state crime lab.

Foul play is suspected in Parker and Toney's cases and investigators believe they are deceased. Their disappearances remain unsolved.

toney_sketch.jpg

Above: Sketch of unidentified person of interest
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
East Saint Louis Police Department

618-482-6767

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics