Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/s...hing-for-missing-at-risk-woman-sherri-papini/

Another article. This is so concerning!! This article says her husband tracked her iPhone and found it but she was no where around it. I am also seeing chatter on FB regarding her earphones/hair being found [emoji20] to me it sounds like the phone wasn't too far from her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputies have searched in the area and learned that Sherri was last seen on Sunrise Drive at approximately 2:00 p.m. jogging/walking alone, which is normal for her. Sherri was last seen wearing a pink running top. Sherri is described as a 34 year old, white female, 5'04: tall, 100 pounds, blonde hair and blue eyes. Family has not heard from Sherri and she is considered a missing person/at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just came to see if this has been posted, she is a friend of a friend who used to live here but recently moved to Redding! :(

Oh jeez, echoes of Tara Calico here. Girl going for jog alone and a device found at the sign of the road.

2pm on a work/school day would mean very little people about too making it less likely to be witnesses.

Redding in a small city of approximately 100K people about 100 miles south of the Oregon border. Outside of the immediate Redding area, the region has a very low population density. The area where she was last seen can be described as upscale exurban development with houses on parcels of an acre or more located about 6 miles north of Redding and two miles east of Shasta Lake City. Interstate 5 is a mile to the West.

Her husband reported that when he couldn't find her he used his " find my phone " app and located her iPhone and ear buds just off Old Oregon Trail very close to their home. Old Oregon Trail is the main road into that area but would normally only used for residential traffic in that neighborhood or patrons of the local Golf Club. There would be light traffic during a weekday afternoon. This is not the sort of area an opportunistic predator would be likely to prowl.

Overall, I think it very unlikely that that someone just stumbled upon her as she was jogging. If she jogged every day at the same time, perhaps someone planned the abduction but I am wondering if someone took her from her home or driveway and just tossed the phone as he took off.

From what I can tell, the family had moved there fairly recently. Apparently Sherri didn't work, but curiously, he children were placed in daycare. The county Sheriffs Dept, that will have jurisdiction, specifically stated that there had been reports of "disturbances" at their residence (meaning no history of domestic violence). Presumably the husband will be investigated and ruling him in or out will be the first order of business.

Apparently a search has been done within a 1/2 mile radius, which is mostly oak forest adjacent to homes. There is little chance of getting lost in the area since it is all pretty well developed. I think it unlikely that she would first loose her phone and then somehow venture out of the immediate are into the undeveloped tract to the east.

I have a feeling this could be a real abduction but you never know. The family and aquatinces will need to be questioned.

California woman missing, possibly abducted
The so-far unexplained disappearance of a 34-year-old Redding-area woman shocked her family and friends, who said she’s a devoted mother of two who’d never leave her children.
And it’s that same devotion that leads family members to believe Sherri Papini was abducted.
[video=youtube;f8QBYrb3gN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QBYrb3gN4[/video]
http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/03/california-woman-missing-possibly-abducted/93261962/

From what I can tell, the family had moved there fairly recently. Apparently Sherri didn't work, but curiously, he children were placed in daycare. The county Sheriffs Dept, that will have jurisdiction, specifically stated that there had been reports of "disturbances" at their residence (meaning no history of domestic violence). Presumably the husband will be investigated and ruling him in or out will be the first order of business.

Did you mean to say there had been NO reports?

"Deputies haven’t identified anyone suspected of involvement in Papini’s difference, though they are checking with registered sex offenders who live in the area. Bosenko said. A search of the state’s sex offender registry reveals four men reported living within about a mile of where Papini’s phone was found.

Bosenko wouldn’t say whether deputies had cleared any of those four men of their involvement, citing the ongoing investigation."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/3...-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html?d=mobile

From what I can tell, the family had moved there fairly recently. Apparently Sherri didn't work, but curiously, he children were placed in daycare.

RSBM. I don't think it's curious. I'm a SAHM of a child in school all day, and before that they went to preschool, and sometimes they've been to full day drop-in daycare. I know plenty of others with full or part time care for their child. In my case, I'm often ill with chronic issues and need the help.

I am so worried about Sherri. Our local news doesn't usually report very well on missing persons but Sherri is getting a ton of air time, thankfully.

Sheriff Bosenko wouldn't say what else was found with her phone and earbuds - which makes me believe there was some other evidence in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"last seen at about 2 p.m. Wednesday"

Who saw her last?

Very worrying. I don't have a good feeling unfortunately. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics