CA - Timothy Schuster, 45, found in vat of acid, Clovis, 9 July 2003

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to forum crash and a long distance move, I was away for the past 2 months, and have now moved to the Fresno/Clovis area.

It's good to be back!!

I am amazed that this case hasn't received national coverage, since the method of murder was so weird and gruesome.

http://www.clovisindependent.com/news/story/7433557p-8351732c.html

Hard to believe that an educated biochemist would think that she could get away with this one!

Good Grief! That is a horrible way to die! I can hardly believe the things people do to each other these days. Keep us up to date on this story Pepper. I hope this woman gets the death penalty!

magpie :mad: :eek:

Don't know if I should post this here or on the new Bizarre News forum.

Amazing that a biochemist could be so dumb. More amazing is that she had the stomach to do this. The acid was poured on him when he was alive.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/crime/story/7908507p-8785783c.html

A Clovis biochemist, accused of murdering her husband and sealing his body in a drum of acid, is asking a judge to prevent her children from talking to each other.

Larissa Schuster's attorney filed a motion saying that, if allowed to meet, 18-year-old Kristin would try to turn 13-year-old Tyler against their mother.

According to court files and Clovis police testimony, Fagone reportedly told police:

About 2 a.m. July 10, he and Larissa Schuster went to her husband's home and and disabled him with a stun gun and chloroform-soaked rags.

They then bound Timothy Schuster and drove him back to his wife's house, where they stuffed him into a drum and his wife poured acid over him.

Two days later, Larissa Schuster and Fagone drove with the barrel to her Fresno business. Schuster poured more acid into the barrel. She had trouble resealing the lid until she used a handsaw to cut off her husband's feet.

Didn't know where to post this, so it's also in the "Crimes in the News" forum. Mods, feel free to delete one or the other.

Amazing that a biochemist could be so dumb. More amazing is that she had the stomach to do this. The acid was poured on him when he was alive!

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/crime/story/7908507p-8785783c.html

A Clovis biochemist, accused of murdering her husband and sealing his body in a drum of acid, is asking a judge to prevent her children from talking to each other.

Larissa Schuster's attorney filed a motion saying that, if allowed to meet, 18-year-old Kristin would try to turn 13-year-old Tyler against their mother.

According to court files and Clovis police testimony, Fagone reportedly told police:

About 2 a.m. July 10, he and Larissa Schuster went to her husband's home and and disabled him with a stun gun and chloroform-soaked rags.

They then bound Timothy Schuster and drove him back to his wife's house, where they stuffed him into a drum and his wife poured acid over him.

Two days later, Larissa Schuster and Fagone drove with the barrel to her Fresno business. Schuster poured more acid into the barrel. She had trouble resealing the lid until she used a handsaw to cut off her husband's feet.

And she thinks that the 18 year old would turn the 13 year old against her?

Well I guess she has her values straight, she doesn't want them to gossip.

This is horrible! This woman has no heart. How could anyone do this to another human being?

I was just watching a show where they said that acid may be one of the worst ways to die because it does not happen quickly. It is a slow painful death while the acid slowly eats away enough of the body for the peron to die.

Pepper said:
Hi all,

Due to forum crash and a long distance move, I was away for the past 2 months, and have now moved to the Fresno/Clovis area.

It's good to be back!!

I am amazed that this case hasn't received national coverage, since the method of murder was so weird and gruesome.

http://www.clovisindependent.com/news/story/7433557p-8351732c.html

Hard to believe that an educated biochemist would think that she could get away with this one!
I was just perusing some of the many old cases here and found this update:

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=3787048

Notice the headline is "Possible" trial date....zzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzz

Here's another headline from 9/05:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=3409858

(excerpt)

Nuttall asked Gamoian, "Wasn't the body found inside the blue barrel we requested?"

Gamoian responded, "There was liquid, which remained in the bottom of the barrel ... acid and body matter." According to coroner's office, all that was left of a 200 pound Tim Schuster was 103 pounds of tissue samples, body fluids and bone fragments, which the defense has received.

:( :( http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...cal&id=3409858+"roger+nuttall"+schuster&hl=en

He had helped her with a previous house burglary, and things got out of hand?
I wonder what that was all about?
So she does the planning, lures the ex to the house by telling him his son is ill, has the "employee" there to stun him and dump him in the barrel?
That "flopping around" was most likely Timothy responding to the pain of the acid eating into him.
The sad thing is, if she had used more acid....there would have been no trace of this guy left. Or if she had disposed of the barrel somewhere, what was left probably wasn't recognizable as human, and may never have been connected. Good thing she didn't know what she was doing.
I wonder what the motive was?
Where do you find things like hydrocloric acid and chloroform anyway? I mean you don't just go to the store and pick that up while you do your grocery shopping.

the cruelty that some humans can conflict upon their fellow man.

How disgusting! Did she not realize her son is losing his father? Darn! When marriages go bad, they sometimes go REALLY bad, but think of the kids! They don't deserve this. They don't ask to be born, and they don't get to choose the family they get born into either.

I feel so sorry for the children of these animals.

I ran across one post from his daughter (supposedly) (at abc30), but I won't link it here for privacy. She was told by that forum that she shouldn't be talking about the case (in 2003 I think) and nothing more posted w/her name. Anyway, she mentioned her father was abusive.

NOT that that is any excuse.

(shivers)

I just can't believe some of these trials take SO long to get started.

Mysteriew, she must have used her "biochemist" experience to access that gory stuff.

So this acid will eat through a human body, but does nothing to the container? That's so weird to me.

mysteriew said:
Where do you find things like hydrocloric acid and chloroform anyway? I mean you don't just go to the store and pick that up while you do your grocery shopping.
mysteriew, I don't know anything about chloroform, but hydrocloric acid can be picked up and any hardward store. I think it's mostly sold for stuff like cleaning dried cement off brick, but I have used it before for putting a green patina on bronze. It doesn't react with the plastic jug material or rubber gloves. Scary stuff though in the hands of a maniac like this Larissa wacko!

:sick: um, this story is so morbid, but I had one question. Does chloroform knock you out? Like.. unconscious? I sure hope so, but it still sounds like the man woke up inside the barrel. ugh.. icky. She needs the DP for sure.

Pepper said:
...Due to forum crash and a long distance move, I was away for the past 2 months, and have now moved to the Fresno/Clovis area...
Pepper - I am not going to read the link as it sounds really morbid by the subsequent posts. :eek:

Did your entire family move back to Fresno? Didn't your husband get a new job in Phoenix or somewhere in Arizona??

Larissa Schuster using a "BLUE barrel" helped me get my brand new blog off to a good start. All the people that googled "blue barrel" because of Drew Peterson also found my post about Larissa.

I can't believe there wasn't more publicity, too. The way she killed her husband was horrific. Not only was he still alive when acid was poured over him, his limbs were also severed so he would fit in the barrel better.

I find it hard to believe a woman so educated and with so MUCH to lose, (she had millions of $$$$, plus a child) would risk everything.

But, I do agree with the jury's conclusion.

imo

He had helped her with a previous house burglary, and things got out of hand?
I wonder what that was all about?
So she does the planning, lures the ex to the house by telling him his son is ill, has the "employee" there to stun him and dump him in the barrel?
That "flopping around" was most likely Timothy responding to the pain of the acid eating into him.
The sad thing is, if she had used more acid....there would have been no trace of this guy left. Or if she had disposed of the barrel somewhere, what was left probably wasn't recognizable as human, and may never have been connected. Good thing she didn't know what she was doing.
I wonder what the motive was?

She was a biochemist and owned a laboratory.

According to what was said in court Larissa ordered the acid to use to clean her equipment...test tubes, ect.

I think she intended to dispose of Timothy, but her helper got cold feet and said he refused to help her move the body again. Under questioning from investigators looking for Timothy (who had been reported missing) the helper confessed and told LE where Timothy was before Larissa could figure out how to get him moved to a less incriminating location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back