Alert - Terror attack plot day before U.S.A Election by Al-Qaeda

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"The FBI is probing a major terror attack planned for the day before the US elections in multiple states, according to reports.

It is thought that al-Qaeda is plotting to strike in Texas, New York and Virginia but specific locations are not yet known.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fbi-probing-major-terror-attack-9194547

I don't want to scare anyone I thought I would post this alert please be extra vigilant. Hopefully the FBI is on the case and is disrupting any terrorist cells that potentially exist.

Oh my! Thank you for the heads up!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

This is scarier than Al Qaeda. It's real. They're already out there and not trying to hide. I don't think the restraining order is going to affect them at all.

know-voter-your-intimidation-rights-voter-intimidation-is-illegal-and-5563589.png

https://pics.onsizzle.com/know-vote...voter-intimidation-is-illegal-and-5563589.png

Thanks, good information to know. I am going to vote tomorrow. Yes, the early voting places are open until 1:00 pm, and then that's it until Tuesday. Heard on the radio news on Thursday that half of the number of people who voted in 2012 have already voted in my state. This was by the Head of Elections Director for the State. No votes have been counted, so no knowledge of what has been cast.

Surprised to hear of proposed attacks on the day before. In my thinking, attacks on Election Day would be the way they would go. I feel the day after the election will be a day for history books as half the country will be upset! This is the first year my city is not engulfed with signs in yards or stickers on cars for either presidential candidate. It is very very peculiar. There is nothing, zilch! Are you all seeing presidential signs?

I have not seen one Presidential sign, nor one presidential bumper sticker, at all, anywhere.....

Thanks, good information to know. I am going to vote tomorrow. Yes, the early voting places are open until 1:00 pm, and then that's it until Tuesday. Heard on the radio news on Thursday that half of the number of people who voted in 2012 have already voted in my state. This was by the Head of Elections Director for the State. No votes have been counted, so no knowledge of what has been cast.

Surprised to hear of proposed attacks on the day before. In my thinking, attacks on Election Day would be the way they would go. I feel the day after the election will be a day for history books as half the country will be upset! This is the first year my city is not engulfed with signs in yards or stickers on cars for either presidential candidate. It is very very peculiar. There is nothing, zilch! Are you all seeing presidential signs?

How strange!!

Across the street from my daughter two neighbors are having a passive-aggressive campaign sign showdown and she's been posting updates on Facebook. I predict by Tuesday it will be impossible to get to the front door.

Two weeks ago I drove from Buffalo to Pittsburgh and I saw lots of signs everywhere.

Not much bumper sticker action, no. Intersection signs for local races only.

I'm surrounded by three major universities/teaching hospitals, so the few stickers this season started out in favor of Bernie. We're over to Hillary now and the occasional big truck with a Trump sticker. But really not many in general.

Zero yard signs, which I didn't even realize until this thread. They were everywhere in 08 and 12.

I think people have resorted to feuding online. Or given up, which is sad. If you are in a swing state, please vote.

"The FBI is probing a major terror attack planned for the day before the US elections in multiple states, according to reports.

It is thought that al-Qaeda is plotting to strike in Texas, New York and Virginia but specific locations are not yet known.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fbi-probing-major-terror-attack-9194547

I don't want to scare anyone I thought I would post this alert please be extra vigilant. Hopefully the FBI is on the case and is disrupting any terrorist cells that potentially exist.

It looks like the FBI is investigating more than terrorist threats. One of the presidential candidates emails that could possibly contain classified information has been found on another computer. That's cause for concern.

It looks like the FBI is investigating more than terrorist threats. One of the presidential candidates emails that could possibly contain classified information has been found on another computer. That's cause for concern.

Is that why they got the restraining order?

Not much bumper sticker action, no. Intersection signs for local races only.

I'm surrounded by three major universities/teaching hospitals, so the few stickers this season started out in favor of Bernie. We're over to Hillary now and the occasional big truck with a Trump sticker. But really not many in general.

Zero yard signs, which I didn't even realize until this thread. They were everywhere in 08 and 12.

I think people have resorted to feuding online. Or given up, which is sad. If you are in a swing state, please vote.

I have a friend who is really involved in politics. She said all of the yard signs, etc , have been found to not be effective. They cost lots of money so they are spending money in othet ways.

Turns out there's nothing to worry about there. What a relief! :)

Face the Nation Transcript November 6, 2016

DAVID IGNATIUS, “WASHINGTON POST”:
One reason that an official says we’re not in panic mode about this is that core al Qaeda is a long way away, it has great difficulty organizing operations today, it is not seen as an imminent threat. The terrorism issue I think that concerns the FBI/Homeland Security most is the -- is the lone wolf, homegrown problem. Somebody who gets a gun and goes to a polling place motivated by all of the stuff that’s online. But in terms of this threat, it’s specific, it was disseminated, but the reason officials think that it’s not a three alarm fire.

JOHN DICKERSON (CBS HOST): And the reason is because the ability to carry out an operation has been degraded over the last few years from attacks on al Qaeda.

IGNATIUS: This planning comes from core al Qaeda, again, from a key operation planner who survives, who is now -- who is now dead, but who survived, in his conversations with his operatives. The question is the ability to carry those plans out. And people think it’s fairly limited.

DICKERSON: Fran, let me ask you, so this information coms. What happens on the Homeland Security end with this kind of information? What can be done? What is being done?

FRAN TOWNSEND, CBS NEWS SENIOR NATIONAL SECURITY ANALYST: Well, first of all, John, I would say that there are -- they’ve identified about over a dozen operatives who have been deployed. They’ve been trained over the course of three years in the Afghanistan/Pakistan region and they’ve been back -- brought back to the United States. And so as David points out, DHS will work with state and local officials, and law enforcement. Here in New York, we know that they’ve stood up a task force to try and identify investigations where operatives have traveled and might fit that profile so that they can try and disrupt it.

IGNATIUS: Two top officials, our director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, and the secretary of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson, issued a statement last month in which they were very specific. They said that the most senior level Russian officials must have approved the hacking that’s been done of Democratic officials, of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta. And I’m told that since then there was a private warning, I believe by President Obama himself, to Vladimir Putin saying, any further Russian attempts to interfere in the U.S. elections would have the most serious consequences.

I’m told further that officials believe that the Russians have not escalated their attacks. They seem to have gotten the message. Although people are very -- very careful. They’re watching each event. There’s a cyber war room set up for -- for Tuesday to -- to monitor any attempt to -- to intrude.

I’m told finally that although Vice President Biden warned of U.S. reprisals, none have been taken so far against Russia. And the reason is, there’s a desire to avoid any kind of cycle of escalation in this very difficult period before the election.

IGNATIUS: Well, I -- first, the -- the FBI, right now, is -- is very leaky. You’re never sure if people who claim to be speaking on behalf of FBI agents or to have spoken to them, you don’t know whether that’s -- that’s true or not. But it -- it’s a law enforcement agency that’s -- that’s in -- in turmoil. And that’s something that everybody should be -- be worried about after the election. A strong FBI is crucial.

Much more!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back