Canada - Hamilton man charged in sex assaults dating back nearly 30 years

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...lice-believe-there-are-more-victims-1.3836601
[h=1]Man arrested on sex assault charges, police believe there are more victims[/h]
attachment.php

Jeffrey Alan Smallwood is facing multiple sex assault charges, police say. (Hamilton police)
Investigators first issued a news release and a composite drawing in the middle of October, after a woman was sexually assaulted on Lawrence Road near Kenilworth Avenue.
On Friday, police announced that after seeing the composite sketch, three additional women came forward and identified the man, and also told police they had been sexually assaulted between 1987 and 2010.
Investigators say that they believe there may be more victims, and are asking anyone who might have information to contact police at 905-540-5545.

Attachments

• smallwood.jpg
    smallwood.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 67
Thanks dotr... I think I'll post this article in the Audrey Gleave thread too...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks dotr... I think I'll post this article in the Audrey Gleave thread too...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, had been thinking of that too!

I am certainly not wanting this guy to "slide by" for any of his crimes, he sounds like a first class creep. But, from watching shows like Dateline, and others, there are normally statutes of limitation on all crimes except murder.
One show, they were trying for a murder conviction, and before that, a girl in her 20's came forward and told how he had raped her several years earlier. She testified at his trial, but could not be convicted of the rape, because the four year statute had come and gone.
<modsnip>

Thanks for the link!

''A repeat sexual offender is back behind bars, again, after allegedly violating the terms of his probation by using social media.''

''One of his victims, who cannot be named because of publication bans protecting the identities of sexual assault victims, said she called police after finding four separate social media accounts she claims belong to Smallwood.

The accounts are on Houseparty, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, she alleged, adding that she identified him through photos and other details, including things she knew about him in high school and his disclosure that he has a brain injury.

Smallwood met at least one of his past victims online and his victims fear he could prey on others this way.''

''When he was first released, his victims formed a Facebook group, in part to support each other and also to keep tabs on him. They reported sightings to each other.

Through this group the victims learned Smallwood had been working for Elections Canada canvassing for voter registry information.''

This isn’t the first time his victim turned detective and reported him breaching his probation. She also reported him last January after she found him on a dating website.''

Wow. It's sad a young rape victim has to do her own Detective work, but good for.

Canvassing for Voter Registry. Scarry stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back