1011 users online (137 members and 874 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Exclamation Tornadoes Hit Iowa, Killing at Least One

Tornadoes Hit Iowa, Killing at Least One

By JAMES BELTRAN and MELANIE S. WELTE, Associated Press Writers

One woman was found dead under a pile of fallen bricks, and another was pulled alive from the rubble a few feet away as searchers combed through two central Iowa communities ravaged by weekend tornadoes.

The twisters swept across two counties Saturday late afternoon, ripping up farms and damaging dozens of homes in the towns of Stratford and Woodward. At least one person was killed, two were injured and a natural gas leak forced hundreds of other residents from their homes overnight.

"Half the town's gone," Bob Smith said of the destruction in Stratford, a town of about 750 residents. He said he ran from his camper as the tornado touched down about 5 p.m.

In Woodward, 30 miles to the south, 20 to 40 homes were severely damaged when a tornado hit about half an hour later, Dallas County Sheriff Brian Gilbert said. Emergency crews searched house-to-house and hadn't found any victims by evening, he said.

The storm's winds also broke windows on the outskirts of Ames, where tornado sirens had already sent college football fans gathered for the Iowa State-Colorado game running for shelter.

Rest of story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_on_re_us/midwest_tornadoes&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I watched Catagory 7 on CBS last Sun. and knowing how bad the storms have been this year- it scared me to death. Is there any chance we could start having superstorms?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight