696 users online (86 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Was there water in the well? Since she was spotted I assumed it was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    That might be. . . but apparently he didn't think it through about putting her in his own well.
    Obviously, shortchanged in the intellect department.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Was there water in the well? Since she was spotted I assumed it was empty.
    You are probably right...I just thought if it was empty that he would assume she would be seen immediately. IDK

[ Hey MF, say hi to your beautiful kids...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I really doubt there was water in that well. Most of these are really old and caved in a long time ago. Most "wells" I've encountered around here (maybe 5-6 of them) have all been little more than 10-20' holes in the ground.
    "Hope itself is like a star... not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity. " - C.H. Spurgeon

I don't think the well was really his plan. Whatever he meant to do didn't work out and he ended up killing her and then that was probably the first place he thought of to hide her when everyone was contacting him about her.

I apologize if this has been brought up - but he was the last one to see her. This was known from Day/Evening 1, right? Her body was visible in the well. Has it been addressed why the well wasn't checked beforehand? The well is on his place of residence. I'm still a little stumped by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas80 View Post
    I don't think the well was really his plan. Whatever he meant to do didn't work out and he ended up killing her and then that was probably the first place he thought of to hide her when everyone was contacting him about her.
    Agreed.

I also think that some severe pressure was building in the community. The turn out to search for Kayla was huge. It was closing in bigtime. To me it's a real panicked (not well thought out) move at all. I mean...it's on his own property and I'm suspecting that his wife was not home that evening which is why he had his daughter with him at church. Whatever he did, he did it in his own residence. I'm sure of this.

Can you imagine being his wife and finding out that Kayla was lying dead literally just outside your house the whole time people were looking for her?

I really want to know how he explained all the scratches on his face.

This whole thing sickens me. I hate these men who kill little girls. Hate them! There is no punishment that is sufficient for doing this to a child. MOO
    What goes around comes around

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=247534773677

Hopefully this video link will work.

Kayla's brother said they didn't suspect Zavala-Garcia.

It's a darn good thing LE suspected him then...

Quote Originally Posted by catpatrol View Post

Kayla's brother said they didn't suspect Zavala-Garcia.
    As if losing Kayla wasn't bad enough they have to deal with the fact that she was taken from them by a family member.

Two parts of a family torn apart because of the same individual. His poor daughter who has to grow up with what her dad did. and Kayla who doesn't get to grow up

Double heartbreak.
    “Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered… everywhere everywhere everywhere.”

-
    Find Dani
    Baby Sherin
    Madison Doe

-
    IMO.
    "Имaте Петрова огъня."
    "You have the Petrova fire."

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMama View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up - but he was the last one to see her. This was known from Day/Evening 1, right? Her body was visible in the well. Has it been addressed why the well wasn't checked beforehand? The well is on his place of residence. I'm still a little stumped by that.
    Most likely "probable cause" held things up. The cops can't go marching all over the neighborhood looking on and around any property they feel like. Even if they suspected Gustavo right from the git-go, they still would need to obtain a warrant to search his property. That means they have to show a judge why they believe he is responsible, which apparently they couldn't, at least not for a couple of days.

Last Sunday evening, the cops got themselves a warrant that was based on "a tip" from somebody. I'm guessing that either a family member or an anonymous searcher took a look down inside of that well and saw the girl either lying down at the bottom of it or floating in it, whichever the case may be. That tip was enough to easily get a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

I've suspected for many years that a whole lot of the missing persons listed right here on Websleuths met their demise on private property, and are also hidden on private property. Until someone can convince a judge that the property owner is either guilty or is a glaring suspect in the crime, getting those warrants can be a little tough. That nutcase realtor they just arrested in South Carolina is a perfect example. Bodies hidden and buried on private land, last I heard we were up to 3 recovered.
    Last edited by steelman; 11-08-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    Most likely "probable cause" held things up. The cops can't go marching all over the neighborhood looking on and around any property they feel like. Even if they suspected Gustavo right from the git-go, they still would need to obtain a warrant to search his property. That means they have to show a judge why they believe he is responsible, which apparently they couldn't, at least not for a couple of days.

Last Sunday evening, the cops got themselves a warrant that was based on "a tip" from somebody. I'm guessing that either a family member or an anonymous searcher took a look down inside of that well and saw the girl either lying down at the bottom of it or floating in it, whichever the case may be. That tip was enough to easily get a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

I've suspected for many years that a whole lot of the missing persons listed right here on Websleuths met their demise on private property, and are also hidden on private property. Until someone can convince a judge that the property owner is either guilty or is a glaring suspect in the crime, getting those warrants can be a little tough. That nutcase realtor they just arrested in South Carolina is a perfect example. Bodies hidden and buried on private land, last I heard we were up to 3 recovered.
    BBM.

Absolutely. It's all about the evidence that points them to that property. It has to be good enough.
    “Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered… everywhere everywhere everywhere.”

-
    Find Dani
    Baby Sherin
    Madison Doe

-
    IMO.
    "Имaте Петрова огъня."
    "You have the Petrova fire."

Thank you steelman! Is this your opinion on Zuzu Verk who is still missing in Alpine?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post12921505

Thanks for your input, Steelman. In a case like this, would investigators bother asking up front to look with permission? (Read yesterday on a missing CA runner that her spouse let LE look around their home right away.)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast