The Juvenile Case and Conviction

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Info and discussion of Todd Kohlhepp's juvenile case of abduction and rape. This is also a good place to delve into the documents from that case which may provide clues to his psychological makeup.

1986 Maricopa County Psychological Evaluation
1987 Presentence investigation report
1987 Letter from mother asking for leniency
1987 Psychiatric evaluation, Madison Street Jail
1987 Criminal prosecution recommendation

sourced from: http://www.wyff4.com/article/suspec...eply-troubled-past-court-records-show/8243951

She was a juvenile so we will not know who she is.

He had 15 years to stew, plan and contemplate revenge. According to reports he threatened to kill her family if she told anyone.

She told.

Wow. I just read the letter to the courts from his mother in regards to the first kidnapping. "He even walked her home". I know she wanted to help her son but how can a woman think that helped things.

I think there might be a place in the "1987 presentence investigation report" where the victim's first name is visible,
probably in error.

I'm really hoping his mother does an interview. I want to know if she still has her head in the sand when it comes to her son, and if she's still making excuses for his behavior.

Wow. I just read the letter to the courts from his mother in regards to the first kidnapping. "He even walked her home". I know she wanted to help her son but how can a woman think that helped things.

The attorney for TK in his kidnapping/rape case has spoken out:

"[FONT=&quot]“He was a very troubled, very vicious kid,” Bickart tells PEOPLE exclusively, describing his brush with [/FONT]Todd Kohlhepp[FONT=&quot], a South Carolina man who police have linked to seven murders."

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“He didn’t qualify for the state hospital because he didn’t show all the symptoms of being a complete whacko,” says Bickart, who adds that Kohlhepp’s birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger because “he couldn’t control” his son’s violent temper and unpredictable outbursts."[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/former-atto...eaks-he-was-a-very-troubled-very-vicious-kid/

“I never thought he’d be the type to shoot up a school,” insists Bickart. “but I thought he’d focus [his violence] on women.. . . I don’t think [his psychopathic tendencies] truly matured until he got older and got out of prison, but he got developed in prison, believe me.”

from the link above

"[FONT=&quot]“He was a very troubled, very vicious kid,” Bickart tells PEOPLE exclusively, describing his brush with [/FONT]Todd Kohlhepp[FONT=&quot], a South Carolina man who police have linked to seven murders."

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“He didn’t qualify for the state hospital because he didn’t show all the symptoms of being a complete whacko,” says Bickart, who adds that Kohlhepp’s birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger because “he couldn’t control” his son’s violent temper and unpredictable outbursts."[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/former-atto...eaks-he-was-a-very-troubled-very-vicious-kid/

"Kohlepp's birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger..." I didn't know he was adopted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Kohlepp's birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger..." I didn't know he was adopted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got the impression that he was adopted. I believe it was his biological father that he was living with in Arizona at the time of the crime. Perhaps his bio dad put him up for adoption but couldn't find any takers so the father was stuck (for lack of a better word) with him. I wonder if he would've turned out differently if they had sent him to a military boot camp or something since the parents couldn't control him. I don't know, I waffle between a nature and nurture scenario here and just plain nature where he was evil from birth. JMO.

Put him up for adoption means something totally different to me. As we know, his mother married someone else and stepfather adopted him.

I hate inflammatory misleading headlines

Walking her home, to me says that he was menacing her further, like "REMEMBER I know where you live!" Given that he also said he'd kill her family if she told anyone.

This was not one of those weird instances where a rapist shows inexplicable kindness in the midst of viciousness, i.e. Delroy Easton Grant ("the Minstead Rapist"):

He has been known to take a victim’s pulse, and has said: "I’m really sorry. I won’t do this again." (from Wikipedia)

I think this has implications regarding how he appeared to people he knew: he probably came across as more of a cold manipulating jerk, rather than as a nice family man as Grant (who cared for his disabled wife) did.

I really wonder what's going through the minds of this victim and her family now.

Never saw this I don't think. He was a handful for the 14 years he served for rape;

Arizona prison records shed light on accused S.C. serial killer Todd Kohlhepp

"His 307-page prison record, which was released after a public information request by The Arizona Republic, was heavily redacted, with several pages blacked out.

The information provided showed that in his first years inside, Kohlhepp fought with other inmates, disrespected guards and worked multiple jobs.

Three years after he was admitted to prison, Kohlhepp asked for a commutation of his sentence and detailed his reasoning.

"I feel I have shown that I can change," Kohlhepp said in the letter. "All I want is one chance. The chance to become a productive and responsible member of society."

"After his initial years in prison, Kohlhepp seemed to have quieted down. He didn't have another disciplinary action or investigation for the rest of his time inside.
Multiple letters of protest

Although disciplinary issues abated, Kohlhepp remained vocal while he was inside. In 2001, Kohlhepp wrote multiple letters appealing the denial of some of his reading materials.

Kohlhepp had been receiving the popular men's magazine Maxim while he was inside but one issue was kept from him for "security reasons." The issue in question contained instructions on how to brew your own alcohol. Reading material with this sort of information is prohibited in Arizona prisons.

"Just because we read some things doesn't mean we are going to do it," Kohlhepp said in a letter addressed to the warden. "I think your censorship of our reading material is getting to be a bit overzealous."

SMH
"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni