1327 users online (233 members and 1094 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Abduction and Captivity of KB

A place to discuss the crimes committed against KB [name redacted]

Because this victim was held for months and is lucky to be alive, we have opted not to use her full name. Please refer to this young woman by her initials.
    Last edited by tlcya; 11-07-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Thank you.

I think what's important about the abduction and captivity is how TK was using her for house cleaning and made the job that day a heavier job cleaning brush and knew she would bring CDC to help so that he could eliminate him. I feel that he had a fixation on KB and needed to eliminate CDC.

MOO
    All new members and guests;

To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

Also - WS Lingo

I am very curious to learn more about KB's time while being held. Not out of any looky loo sense wanting all the detail, but like most, I am curious about whether she was specifically targetted because she fits a victim "type" of his, or was the opportunity what drove this crime.

Did he eventually intend to kill her?

Did he abduct and hold any other women?

Like many I want to understand

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I am very curious to learn more about KB's time while being held. Not out of any looky loo sense wanting all the detail, but like most, I am curious about whether she was specifically targetted because she fits a victim "type" of his, or was the opportunity what drove this crime.

Did he eventually intend to kill her?

Did he abduct and hold any other women?

Like many I want to understand
    I too am curious why he would hold her for two whole months when he obviously didn't have a problem killing people. Seems like he would have killed her just to save himself at some point. Horrible to say I know.
    Last edited by mocity; 11-07-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mocity View Post
    I do am curious why he would hold her for two whole months when he obviously didn't have a problem killing people. Seems like he would have killed her just to save himself at some point. Horrible to say I know.
    IMO from the little that has come out that he fed her and spent time with her. I am assuming that physically she was fairly healthy and no major injuries as they did not keep her in the hospital for very long. I think he has/had feelings for her. She probably played along making him think they had an emotional bond for self preservation. He was still uncertain and the whole she was reported missing made it that he had to keep her restrained and hidden. Those very feelings may be why he had to kill CDC. Maybe he thought with him out of the way she would fall for him.

It's possible that he was not necessarily keeping her alive but that his activities were ramping up and he hadn't yet indulged in behaviors that caused death yet. His post hashtag 'thats gonna hurt in the morning' in my opinion refers to someone else's pain not his own.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/201611...-to-kala-brown

SuperBike Widow - Reward money should go to KB

Melissa Ponder said during a phone interview Monday. “She’s the one that endured the two months of hell and stayed vigilant and alive, and it’s because of that we even get to talk about any of this.”
    “She’s my hero, and I have her in my prayers very consistently.”

I'm curious as to why he kept her chained in a shipping container when he had a lot of other choices available. Like he feeds her and lets her walk around sometimes with him, but then, he also locks her up tight in a metal box in the heat. Was he surprised she lived? I'm so confused about the why of keeping a captive.

I wonder if this is the first time he held someone captive -- escalating behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by granola View Post
    I'm curious as to why he kept her chained in a shipping container when he had a lot of other choices available. Like he feeds her and lets her walk around sometimes with him, but then, he also locks her up tight in a metal box in the heat. Was he surprised she lived? I'm so confused about the why of keeping a captive.

I wonder if this is the first time he held someone captive -- escalating behavior?
    Highs look to be in the 70's during her final week there. However locked in a airtight container.... maybe you are right and he expected she would die. During his first kidnapping case he raped the girl so I expect that was his motivation here but who knows. He is obviously just crazy killing CDC and the 4 in 2003 with no sexual motivation.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes

Sheriff Wright talks about investigation on 1063 WORD

Sheriff Chuck Wright was a guest this morning on the Tara show on 1063 WORD. Wright said KB and Charles Carver could have been involved in some illegal activity but would not elaborate

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post

Sheriff Chuck Wright was a guest this morning on the Tara show on 1063 WORD. Wright said KB and Charles Carver could have been involved in some illegal activity but would not elaborate
    Wow. I don't understand why it's necessary for him to drop this tidbit if he isn't going to elaborate. I suppose if it's indeed true, it'll come out eventually.

first of all, both of these people had some involvement in um other than legal activities . . .

second audio file at the link

http://www.1063word.com/pages/229282...entId=18988985

said during his answer to the questions about why it took so long to search the property if the phone was pinging there for two days after they were last seen.

Also said that reports have been misleading, that the pings were from the general area and were not specific to that property. That plus other leads were what caused them to obtain search warrants.

You need evidence and proof. I would like to do it faster than the law allows but I have to follow the laws.

After the phone pinged in the Woodruff area then we eventually learned TK had property down there.

[paraphrased]

Quote Originally Posted by MDATCA View Post
    IMO from the little that has come out that he fed her and spent time with her. I am assuming that physically she was fairly healthy and no major injuries as they did not keep her in the hospital for very long. I think he has/had feelings for her. She probably played along making him think they had an emotional bond for self preservation. He was still uncertain and the whole she was reported missing made it that he had to keep her restrained and hidden. Those very feelings may be why he had to kill CDC. Maybe he thought with him out of the way she would fall for him.
    In addition to natural self-preservation instincts, KB may have had experience in BDSM roleplay that possibly could have allowed her to play a role in a convincing enough way to help keep her alive and satisfy TKs desires to be in control enough to keep her alive for the time being. Perhaps that's a stretch, but I see it as a highly plausible reason he kept her alive for so long without "too much" bodily harm, and I use those words very loosely.

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post

KB at one point posted a question about becoming a webcam model. I don't think it's a far stretch that TK could have offered money for something sexual in nature; maybe not sex directly, just in the same general concept, and lured them to the property under that guise. That would also be a reason they didn't tell anyone specifically where they were going, if true. Perhaps some of that kind of activity could be considered illegal, but who knows. All speculation at this point.

Perhaps they were invited to help clear underbrush, but that would see strange when TK has his neighbors help with that sort of thing, and KB would probably not be in such help for that, and TKs place is an hour's drive or so from their apartment.

More will come out for the trial, I'm sure.

I agree that he was fixed on KB and IMO, TK brought CDC in on this job to eliminate the one person who would know KB's whereabouts when she became missing. Knowing that as a couple, they likely shared information that her family/friends may not have known, he needed to cover his tracks. Not only was CDC dispensable to TK, he just knew too much. TK may have felt that it was the perfect ruse as it could appear the couple had just ran off together. But IMO, other victims would likely have been single women who lived alone, smaller circle of groups, maybe even estranged from their families who would make easier targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    Thank you.

I think what's important about the abduction and captivity is how TK was using her for house cleaning and made the job that day a heavier job cleaning brush and knew she would bring CDC to help so that he could eliminate him. I feel that he had a fixation on KB and needed to eliminate CDC.

MOO

I wish the sheriff hadn't mentioned illegal activities if he wasn't going to elaborate. It's just going to get people stirred up and speculating and I'm sure the victim blamers will start popping out of the woodwork on social media. What KB endured is beyond suffering punishment. Short of pedophilia, rape or murder, I can think of almost nothing that would justify bringing attention to anything she and CDC might have been involved in outside of trial testimony.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast