1307 users online (248 members and 1059 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Keeping her captive and in those living conditions could be exactly what he was after. I didn't get a chance to look at his "other" profile before it was removed, so I don't have any idea what he had listed as far as what he was searching for, but having someone enslaved could have been his ultimate goal. It also must be noted that whatever he may have down could have only been partial truths while keeping his most sadistic desires under lock and key.

I will tread lightly here...I do NOT believe KB consented to this, however, it's not unheard of for consenting adults in the BDSM community to practice this. The are many layers to this community and there are consenting adults within it that desire scenarios like this for many different reasons.

Like you all, I am curious to hear more details to gain a better understanding of how and why this transpired and to get a clearer picture of TK. I will not be surprised if we find out there have been others he has previously had in this exact situation.

You think what's been discovered so far online is revealing, wait until forensics can dig into his computer - that is where we really find out who this guy is.

All JMO and all that jazz.

My thoughts and prayers are with KB as she learns to live with this new normal that is her world now.

Quote Originally Posted by granola View Post
    I'm curious as to why he kept her chained in a shipping container when he had a lot of other choices available. Like he feeds her and lets her walk around sometimes with him, but then, he also locks her up tight in a metal box in the heat. Was he surprised she lived? I'm so confused about the why of keeping a captive.

I wonder if this is the first time he held someone captive -- escalating behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Agreed. I know I for one don't believe the brush clearing story, and I expect by now LE doesn't either if they ever did. For starters, the abduction happening in the afternoon doesn't line up with what we know. LE previously reported C was caught on camera leaving work at 5:30PM on 8/31 and that was last contact. No calling into work he wouldn't be there the next day. I surmise they went there the evening of 8/31 or early a.m. 9/1. K wasn't returning calls that afternoon but could have just been ignoring people especially if she was on webcam or just busy. There is a reason friends and family who were in close contact didn't know what they were doing the next day.

No matter what it was. No one deserves what she and he endured.

Quote Originally Posted by x_driven_x View Post
    In addition to natural self-preservation instincts, KB may have had experience in BDSM roleplay that possibly could have allowed her to play a role in a convincing enough way to help keep her alive and satisfy TKs desires to be in control enough to keep her alive for the time being. Perhaps that's a stretch, but I see it as a highly plausible reason he kept her alive for so long without "too much" bodily harm, and I use those words very loosely.

KB at one point posted a question about becoming a webcam model. I don't think it's a far stretch that TK could have offered money for something sexual in nature; maybe not sex directly, just in the same general concept, and lured them to the property under that guise.
    That would also be a reason they didn't tell anyone specifically where they were going, if true. Perhaps some of that kind of activity could be considered illegal, but who knows. All speculation at this point.

Perhaps they were invited to help clear underbrush, but that would see strange when TK has his neighbors help with that sort of thing
    , and KB would probably not be in such help for that, and TKs place is an hour's drive or so from their apartment.

More will come out for the trial, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    first of all, both of these people had some involvement in um other than legal activities . . .

second audio file at the link

http://www.1063word.com/pages/229282...entId=18988985

said during his answer to the questions about why it took so long to search the property if the phone was pinging there for two days after they were last seen.

Also said that reports have been misleading, that the pings were from the general area and were not specific to that property. That plus other leads were what caused them to obtain search warrants.

You need evidence and proof. I would like to do it faster than the law allows but I have to follow the laws.

After the phone pinged in the Woodruff area then we eventually learned TK had property down there.

[paraphrased]
    Illegal activities could have been doing under the table cash only cleaning jobs or recreational drug use.

I agree, without knowing what the sheriff was dancing around I am not giving it much play into my theorizing. Regardless, no matter what the sheriff turns out to be referencing with that cryptic statement, what happened to this couple was horrific and KB paid a hell of a price for going to the property. Not to mention the ultimate price CDC paid.

I am waiting for more facts.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Good morning, everyone. I just wanted to expand a bit on my previous post.

TK was no doubt a predator. I would bet money there were whispered warnings amongst members of the BDSM community that something was off about him.

The cryptic information LE is giving reminds me of the initial days of when HA was kidnapped by a family friend after he killed her mom and brother. I feel they know a LOT more than what they are releasing.

All JMO
    Just my
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

how do we know tk or lb were into bdsm, maybe i've missed it. maybe tk was planning to clear the brush to start a marijuana grow operation.

Quote Originally Posted by granola View Post
    I'm curious as to why he kept her chained in a shipping container when he had a lot of other choices available. Like he feeds her and lets her walk around sometimes with him, but then, he also locks her up tight in a metal box in the heat. Was he surprised she lived? I'm so confused about the why of keeping a captive.

I wonder if this is the first time he held someone captive -- escalating behavior?
    Just like AH and Kibby...

They all had a presence on a BDSM website. It was never linked due to the sensitive nature of the site and those who participate, but I can comfortably surmise it is a significant piece of this case. Of course, JMO.

Discussion about it roughly starts about here:
    Just my
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am curious to know more about the contents of the metal storage container. Having watched the Nate Kibby case where he held teen AH in a storage container on his property for months, I am curious how KB's container was appointed.

Unlike Nate Kibby, this perp did not reside on the property where KB was being held. That suggest she did not eat with regularity or frequency and to feed her required special trips. The horror, of knowing you were on a fenced remote rural property and nobody would hear you scream. If she was allowed out to "exercise" running or screaming may do little good in that circumstance.

Was the container lighted in any way or did she spend hours and hours weeks and weeks alone in the dark?

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

The Abduction and Captivity of KB

I am curious to know more about the contents of the metal storage container. Having watched the Nate Kibby case where he held teen AH in a storage container on his property for months, I am curious how KB's container was appointed.

Unlike Nate Kibby, this perp did not reside on the property where KB was being held. That suggest she did not eat with regularity or frequency and to feed her required special trips. The horror, of knowing you were on a fenced remote rural property and nobody would hear you scream. If she was allowed out to "exercise" running or screaming may do little good in that circumstance.

Was the container lighted in any way or did she spend hours and hours weeks and weeks alone in the dark?
    BBM I read that TK visited the site to feed KB twice a day. I will try and find a link to confirm.

ETA: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ping-container

"Officers rescued the 30-year-old when they heard banging and shouting from inside the crate.
    She said she'd been inside for two months and had been fed twice a day."

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
    ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Not all of this information has been released. From what I know (and believe to be true) it was dark, and therefore hard to gauge a true timeline how often she was visited. I have heard she was sometimes brought outside, but I do not actually know if that is true or not. I know there are more details about how she was chained than have been revealed; but I don't think it's all that relevant beyond what has been released. The basic facts are well known, and it's horrifying enough.

I'm perplexed by the difference in the number of remains that have been found on his property. KB indicated there were four, however, LE seems to be confident the three that have found are all that are there. I'm wondering if TK was using embellishing the count to help keep her subordinate. Maybe something along the lines of previously doing the exact same thing only his captive didn't cooperate and he ultimately killed her; letting KB know he had no qualms in doing it again if she wasn't compliant. I guess that would leave an odd number of remains to find and not even, I'm not sure why this niggles me.

Just my
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

NN has been arrested for impersonating a police officer.

My personal opinion is that she was the one behind the Facebook posts, the big question is whether or not she knew TK and was somehow involved, or if she genuinely believed they ran off and was messing around on his Facebook for whatever weird reasons she has...

http://www.independentmail.com/story...rson/93488062/

Quote Originally Posted by kodi View Post
    I'm perplexed by the difference in the number of remains that have been found on his property. KB indicated there were four, however, LE seems to be confident the three that have found are all that are there. I'm wondering if TK was using embellishing the count to help keep her subordinate. Maybe something along the lines of previously doing the exact same thing only his captive didn't cooperate and he ultimately killed her; letting KB know he had no qualms in doing it again if she wasn't compliant. I guess that would leave an odd number of remains to find and not even, I'm not sure why this niggles me.

We just don't know the full context. 4 could have referred to the Superbike murders, maybe he told her about that and she thought they were on his property? She's young enough that she may not have been familiar with the case.

But obviously it is still a real possibility that there are more bodies on the property. Fox Carolina News is reporting that a backhoe returned to the property today.

Reports coming in they Have the excavator out at property digging again

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast