1363 users online (253 members and 1110 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    This case is so twisted and tangled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Reports coming in they Have the excavator out at property digging again

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    I have looked for information about this and can't seem to find anything. I wonder if he gave up more information? Hopefully they keep searching and digging despite what he says. That is a lot property.

Not sure if this detail was reported in this thread yet:

"She was held for two months inside a steel four-foot-by-six-foot metal cage that was placed inside the 30-foot-long metal storage container."

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...nders-property
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Reports coming in they Have the excavator out at property digging again

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mocity View Post
    I have looked for information about this and can't seem to find anything. I wonder if he gave up more information? Hopefully they keep searching and digging despite what he says. That is a lot property.
    They just hauled the shipping container away this morning. After seeing how big the container was, I wonder if maybe the excavator was needed yesterday to dig around it and free it so it could be moved today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Not sure if this detail was reported in this thread yet:

"She was held for two months inside a steel four-foot-by-six-foot metal cage that was placed inside the 30-foot-long metal storage container."

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...nders-property
    She was chained inside a cage inside a storage container? And based on killer's Amazon reviews, he used multiple padlocks on the storage container.

I think TK was trying to emulate Ariel Castro but make certain his victim would never escape.

I hadn't seen this article and I hadn't read anything that talked about a bed with chains?? Is this new information?

From article "There was a living space next door to the container that had a bed with chains attached to it."

So chilling.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/04/how-did-t...im-kala-brown/

New details in this video clip:

The Sheriff says:
    "She was banging very hard on the container and she was bound."
    "There was a chain from the top of the cage to something else that went around her neck."
    "She was distraught, she was panicked."

Something needs to happen nationally regarding cell phone records. This is just inexcusable.

Anderson Police Capt. Michael Aikens said his detectives requested cellphone records “immediately” after Brown and Carver were reported missing in late August. They sought the records after not getting a response from placing basic calls.
    “It took us about a month to a month-and-a-half" to receive those records, Aikens said. "Sometimes it can take up to a year.”
    At the time, investigators didn’t realize the severity of the situation. Aikens said many missing person cases involve people simply wanting to get away.

“We had nothing to indicate that something happened," he said. "It was more like they just didn’t want to be found.”

The process of requesting records from phone companies is automated and doesn’t allow for much deviation, Aikens said. The time it takes to retrieve those records is a challenge, he said.
    “We really don’t know where it’s going for the most part. A lot of times, you can’t even talk to a person," he said. "Everything’s automated."

http://www.goupstate.com/news/201611...cords-requests

I am curious to know more about the contents of the metal storage container. Having watched the Nate Kibby case where he held teen AH in a storage container on his property for months, I am curious how KB's container was appointed.

Unlike Nate Kibby, this perp did not reside on the property where KB was being held. That suggest she did not eat with regularity or frequency and to feed her required special trips. The horror, of knowing you were on a fenced remote rural property and nobody would hear you scream. If she was allowed out to "exercise" running or screaming may do little good in that circumstance.

Was the container lighted in any way or did she spend hours and hours weeks and weeks alone in the dark?
    I'm concerned about the kidnapping charge. Shouldn't it be Aggravated Kidnapping? I mean he terrorized her. Alone in the middle of nowhere, dark I'm assuming. I try to think how could she of survived so long in a hot storage container.The metal itself would of held heat so it was much hotter inside. I saw no holes in the container when it was removed to indicate there was ac ETA : Average temps for Woodruff..Poor girl

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/spa...onyr=9/01/2016
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/spa...nyr=10/01/2016
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've read in many places on SM about KB not giving a public "Thank you" to the public and not contacting CDC family to give condolences

I've thought a lot about all these things and why. I can only say she has her reasons and I personally don't have to know why but I've thought a lot about everything and what I can't get out of my mind is the Stockholm syndrome.

Just being held captive for so long would work your mind . She found a way to cope and what if relating to her captor and actually understanding his reasons came into play. KB had to of been terrified I would be. Maybe now since she is away from the horrific conditions she was in she feels some survivors guilt. At any rate whatever the why's and why not's my heart breaks for all involved.
    Last edited by Jammyjo2000; 11-19-2016 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jammyjo2000 View Post
    I've read in many places on SM about KB not giving a public "Thank you" to the public and not contacting CDC family to give condolences

I've thought a lot about all these things and why. I can only say she has her reasons and I personally don't have to know why but I've thought a lot about everything and what I can't get out of my mind is the Stockholm syndrome.

Just being held captive for so long would work your mind . She found a way to cope and what if relating to her captor and actually understanding his reasons came into play. KB had to of been terrified I would be. Maybe now since she is away from the horrific conditions she was in she feels some survivors guilt. At any rate whatever the why's and why not's my heart breaks for all involved.
    In addition to all the trauma she suffered, I imagine she doesn't want to talk to his family members who may have said bad things about her before all this came out. We don't know all of what was said behind the scenes but we do know the two families of KB and CDC had differences and separated their search fb pages into two at one point. The fact that KB was a woman who CDC was having an affair with while still married likely plays into this lack of communication as well. KB and CDC had just moved in together before their disappearance and his family may not have had much of chance to get to know her, nor she them. Notice she is not mentioned in his obituary but his wife IS mentioned as surviving him. They could have at least put KB's name as a "special friend". I don't blame her for not contacting them to offer condolences. She must have a lot of conflicting feelings right now. I wonder if she will even be able to attend her boyfriend's funeral today?

Quote Originally Posted by soanyway View Post
    Something needs to happen nationally regarding cell phone records. This is just inexcusable.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/201611...cords-requests[/FONT][/COLOR]

Agree. In this case lives could have been saved or at a minimum the phychological damage to the female captive could have been minimized.
    She may never recover phychologically.

This is upsetting the phone records were not rushed and delivered.

This part is upsetting too. I agree with first part of the captain's comments but totally disagree with his second part.

"“We had nothing to indicate that something happened," he said. "It was more like they just didn’t want to be found.”"

No it wasnt. It was just a terrible mistake they made in assuming that.

The Abduction and Captivity of KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Agree. In this case lives could have been saved or at a minimum the phychological damage to the female captive could have been minimized.
    She may never recover phychologically.

This is upsetting the phone records were not rushed and delivered.

This part is upsetting too. I agree with first part of the captain's comments but totally disagree with his second part.

"“We had nothing to indicate that something happened," he said. "It was more like they just didn’t want to be found.”"

No it wasnt. It was just a terrible mistake they made in assuming that.

If they would only listen to the families. They know their missing loved ones better than LE does. If I say my daughter is missing, then she is definitely missing. LE dropped the ball on this one. Both KB and CDC's families were making statements on the respective FB missing pages for weeks that LE wouldn't talk to them or pay attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jammyjo2000 View Post

As the victim of a horrible robbery, rape, and false imprisonment that happened in my own home between the hours of 1 am to 4am, I cannot fathom what this poor woman has been through.

But, let me assure you, it took years of expert counseling before I could wrap my head around what had happened to me. For weeks.....months.....it was all I could do to just get dressed every day! And I had not had the added horror of witnessing the murder of my boyfriend. In no way would I have been prepared to formulate a condolences!

It is difficult to convey to people who have never experienced such a violent crime. It nearly takes the breath out of your life....
    Last edited by Wish I Knew; 11-19-2016 at 09:50 PM.

KB captivity was hell.

So why do we want to rehash it for her family that may read here. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast