Who Killed Jon Benet? Movie 2016

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Movie on cable Tv right now on LIFE HD
so very informative!

Bump it up yeah

any way to fix the thread title? so it reads "JonBenet" rather than "on Benet"

The scene where ST and LS go at it were quite gripping. Speaking of which, I have to say, ST is a FAR better man than I am, because I would not have been so polite with the old man.

The one thing I liked about this movie is they really did try to hit the small details. I'm new to this case so maybe I'm off base with that sentiment, but I really liked how they included PR getting the sequence of events wrong (with regard to coming down that morning); how they included the latch on the wine cellar door and how the light only illuminated the room just so. As far as the little details go, I thought they did a decent job.

Thanks so much Userid for sharing this information.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I plan to.

I haven't finished the movie, but they have a scene with the 911 operator getting interviewed by the police. Didn't she say in one of the recent specials that aired, that nobody interviewed her?

The recreations are not good either. None of the bedrooms look correct. The urine stain on JonBenet's bed is laughable. Also the basement window? Did they even look at a picture?!!?

Acting is pretty good tho. This is a tacky thing to say, but Patsy Ramsey is a GREAT part for an actress and that mean girl from Romy & Michelle does a great job so far.

Is this movie going to make me want to gouge my eyes out with IDI evidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally watched it last night.

I can't get that image of the actor playing JR carrying the stiff little girl down the hallway.

Did Fleet White ever write a book or anything?

I finally watched it last night.

I can't get that image of the actor playing JR carrying the stiff little girl down the hallway.

Did Fleet White ever write a book or anything?

No book to my knowledge. I think the Whites probably have too much integrity to profit from this fiasco. And maybe at some level they still are holding out hope that the truth will be revealed. They do want the GJ true bills released in full and in fact they sued for release of those documents.

They've written many letters, including this one:
Fleet and Priscilla White's open letter

They refused many TV, radio, magazine, and newspaper interviews; but it seems they did speak with Westworld in 2014:
"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."
http://www.westword.com/news/jonben...got-derailed-and-why-it-still-matters-6053856

I think the movie captured the essence of this story very well. It made the White's angst so real. They were and are still searching for the truth.

jonbenet ramsey lifetime movie 2016,

[video=youtube;DJtSfS8UisI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJtSfS8UisI[/video]

The scene where ST and LS go at it were quite gripping. Speaking of which, I have to say, ST is a FAR better man than I am, because I would not have been so polite with the old man.

My guess is that he probably wasn't.

I think the movie captured the essence of this story very well. It made the White's angst so real. They were and are still searching for the truth.

I noticed the cut out a line from when it originally aired. When JB introduces Fleet White the original line was "Thats my daddy's best friend Fleet White, he gives the best hugs". They've removed the hugs part for obvious reasons.

I bought this movie on Amazon Prime (along with the special that aired after it, which I still can't bring myself to watch). It and most of the other major specials that came out recently are there, fyi.

I was surprised that it was largely accurate, though some of the mistakes did bug me. Like the big yellow wet spot on the bed, or the depiction of their first interview...they had both of the Ramseys together in a board room at the DAs office which never happened - that's just how they wanted the interviews to go down. So that was misleading. And they gave Patsy a throwaway line about getting a letter from "a professor at Vassar who thinks I'm innocent." Clearly they're referring to the Don Foster episode but the timeline is way off. He wrote that letter in early 1997 before seeing any evidence (and changed his mind when he finally studied the note) but they show this happening around the time of Patsy's cancer relapse. It just bothers me because the first part of the story gets repeated a lot (including by JR in his book) but not the conclusion.

But yeah, the actress playing Patsy was fantastic. Leagues better than Marg whatshername from CSI in PMPT. The actor playing John was frankly more genuine and relatable than the John Ramsey I'm familiar with and he didn't lick his lizard lips all the time so that didn't totally work for me.

The direction they went with Burke was interesting. From what I recall of PMPT Burke was basically a nonentity but he is a real character here. Someone mused in one of the Burke threads that they thought the movie was implying BDI. I wouldn't go that far but clearly someone in the writer's room read Foreign Faction. They even included that moment when the family was being photographed on the 28th (giving nontestimonial evidence) where Burke smiled for the camera. It was an impactful scene considering how short it is: the pained faces of JAR, Melinda and John flash on the screen, then a disheveled Patsy looking her absolute worst. Finally there's Burke with a big grin.
I would be interested to know what they wanted the child actor to convey during the scene with the psychologist. This kid was creepier than the actual video of Burke imo.

Re: the line about Fleet and hugs being edited out mentioned above, as far as I recall the line is still in the version I downloaded from Amazon. Interesting if it was edited out for re-airing though.

It's one thing to read about these things happening in the case. It's another to see it like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back