CA CA - Lance Perkins, 43, San Diego, 23 Oct 2016

Butterflyclip

Reaction score
Hi, I've been a member here for years, I have NEVER started a thread before, (I think I've commented twice), but now someone I actually know, is missing. My friend Lance Perkins was working on an event in San Diego, he got sick, (he has asthma and a numerous other health issues), and went to the emergency room on October 23. For some reason, they released him late that night with no transportation back to his hotel. His family knows from his cell records that early in the morning of October 24 he made several calls to 911. (No one knows if anyone was even dispatched, the family is trying to get the records). No one had heard from him since October 23rd. He is on numerous medications and may not have them with him. A missing person case has been opened. His parents have started a Go Fund me to hire a private detective.

Here's what's on the San Diego Police Department page:

Missing Person: Lance Perkins
SDPD INFO ONLY from San Diego Police Department · 2d ago
Photo from SDPD INFO ONLY

Please BOL for missing person, possibly at risk, Lance Perkins. White Male 6F1, 180#, brn/grn, DOB 06/04/73, last seen wearing glasses, black jacket, tan pants, black tennis shoes. Last seen in the area of UCSD Hospital in Hillcrest on 10/23/16 at 1021pm, possible walked into a canyon in the area. If sighted, please notify San Diego Police at 619-531-2000, reference case #16043895.

Here's a news article from Fox San Diego
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/11/04/police-search-for-missing-man-with-medical-condition/

I'm so sorry, Butterflyclip, I do hope that your friend turns up unharmed soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

How scary for family and friends like you! I hope they can get some answers about the 911 calls. If Lance is from out of the area, I'm not sure if the 911 calls would reach SDPD. I've always thought the call would go to your home area and and be transferred to your current location, but maybe technology as solved that. It would be worth checking out.

Do you know how he got to the hospital? By ambulance? Dropped off by someone? Did he have a car? If not, I wonder why he doesn't seem to have called a cab to go back to his hotel.

Is anyone in SD putting up fliers with his picture? Do you have a FB page on his behalf. Have you contacted missing persons organizations that have widely read FB pages. I see you have posted in the Resource section. Have you looked through that section for ideas and resources? I've linked it here. The post there contains important information, answering some of my questions, so I will bring it over here where it really belongs and put it in a separate post. All the best.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?550-Missing-Persons-Resources

Reading the post with information from Lance's parents, it seems that he called 911 due to blackouts and was taken to UCSD hospital. But he discharged himself after 10:00 pm because of the long wait time! Not good. Then he called 911 several more times until 6:15 am. It sounds almost like his thinking was impaired and he was disoriented for him to leave the hospital untreated and start walking at night rather than call a cab.

The police report said he was taken to the UCSD hospital in the Hillcrest district and may have walked into a canyon in the area. I'm afraid this doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry. Does he have any friends in Anaheim where he lives who could do some boots on the ground work? It looks like his parents live in Hawaii.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 652
The surveillance cameras indicate Lance walked north on Front St, which runs by the hospital. Then he turned west (left) on Dickinson which runs toward and and then south along a canyon. Dove St is mentioned also, but that is south of this area a little way and not near a canyon as far as I can tell. Here is the UCSD Medical Center bordering Front St with Dickinson running along the north border west toward a canyon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...2!3m1!1s0x80d954d6565438cd:0x4bca4e17db265cdd

Thank you for all the awesome work you have already put into finding Lance, Lilibet.

Butterflyclip, I'm so sorry you had to post under these circumstances. :( I hope you find your friend soon. It does seem that there needs to be some physical searching, on the ground, in the tree'd/wooded areas near the hospital.

What hotel was he staying at?

Can you share Lance's FB page link? Maybe if we can figure out what led to this through his thinking, we can also figure out where he might have gone. Once he's found we can make this entire thread private so he gets privacy going forward.

Do you know why he went to the emergency room, specifically? It may be relevant to the 911 calls later, or not. Those calls are key. Was he calling because he was sick, injured, scared, lost?....

I did not find any references to Dove St, but if he headed that way I think it's a good sign... Sort of. Butterflyclip, you should take your name off your posting here, but become a verified insider through WS. As of now, you could literally not be taken seriously, and things you say would be considered rumor and possibly deleted. Please become a verified insider.

We will find him. Let's really follow Lillibet's method as noted above. It actually makes a difference. I'm sorry you are here under these conditions, but your .org is noble and we want to help any way we can.

I don't know why it dumped my second post, sorry.

He was staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Old Town San Diego.

Were they able to trace where he was calling 911 from?

The family had someone distributing flyers. His mother says he's not in the morgue or in jail - that is no one by that name has been found there.

Terrific info about the phone. Since the parents own the line, they should be able to find out where it pinged from, etc without any subpoenas.... I think. We need one of our attorneys in here for that.

Maybe he was afraid of those roomies and decided to find his own way home. I hope and pray they did not hurt him. Let the police take that angle, and we need to focus on plastering his pics all over San Diego, maybe within a 1 mile radius of the hospital.

I'm too far away to do that myself, but if you quickly get a Find Lance Perkins FB page built, a lot of locals will probably volunteer. People are amazing and surprise me every day when it comes to finding missing persons. If he disoriented, he may have stopped down with some homeless people, who are generally helpful with noobs, so I've heard.

The surveillance cameras indicate Lance walked north on Front St, which runs by the hospital. Then he turned west (left) on Dickinson which runs toward and and then south along a canyon. Dove St is mentioned also, but that is south of this area a little way and not near a canyon as far as I can tell. Here is the UCSD Medical Center bordering Front St with Dickinson running along the north border west toward a canyon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...2!3m1!1s0x80d954d6565438cd:0x4bca4e17db265cdd

May I share this information with his mother?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back