1028 users online (192 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead in Minneapolis hotel room

Full story:
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5724133.html

World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his Minneapolis hotel room this morning, according to the WWE.

Guerrero, who was born in 1967, was at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis and in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" at Target Center.

oh NO! I'm going to go tell hubby.

I guess he got Smacked Down...

Quote Originally Posted by Pook
    OMG that IS funny Pook! Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pook
    I don't find that appropriate. What a horrible tragedy after all he has been through, and so young.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    I don't find that appropriate. What a horrible tragedy after all he has been through, and so young.
    Me either. He worked hard for what he attained, and he left three young children, a wife and a loving family behind. He'll be missed.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Here's one if his trading cards with a more recent picture on it:

This is so very sad. He's been through so much only to die at age 38. He was a great performer, as well, one of my faves. His poor family, as well.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I've been hearing rumors that he died of a drug overdose, anyone else hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    I've been hearing rumors that he died of a drug overdose, anyone else hear this?
    No, no cause of death has been mentioned. He had his toothbrush in his mouth, so he was brushing his teeth at the time of death.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Here's another link:

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Here's one if his trading cards with a more recent picture on it:

This is so very sad. He's been through so much only to die at age 38. He was a great performer, as well, one of my faves. His poor family, as well.
    I used to watch wrestling as a kid. Some of the wrestlers who have died suddenly like this have really shocked me.
    Let's see if I can test my memory (headache is killing me) ... David von Erich was one of four von Erich brothers who died who didn't kill himself, if I recall. That was a total shock when he died. Well, it was a shock when all four died. I think Kevin is the only one alive.
    Let's see.... King Kong Brody.
    Died of a heart attack, I think? That one was really sad. I loved him when I was a kid. Andre the Giant was another sad one.

Eddie Guerrero is sad, too ... he had been trying hard to live a better life. I read that he was working on four years sobriety, I believe, and trying to get his life back together. My boyfriend was a big fan of his.
    This is very tragic.

Thanks for the link
    I hadn't read about it til I saw your posts.

Just that they are alluding to this, considering he had such a problem with drugs in the past (and had been fired for it then too).

I didn't mean my earlier statement to be mean - in fact I have stock in the WWE, but if you read the history of all the one's who suffered an early death in wrestling, it's usually drugs with a combination of growth hormones and steriods. They know what it will do to their bodies, yet they continue to do it. Just like musicians who die from drug overdoses. It's such a damn waste.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    In the article it mentions that it could be from "prior" drug use.

Even if someone does actually clean up their drug habit eventually, it may have caused problems in the body no one's aware of until something like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I used to watch wrestling as a kid. Some of the wrestlers who have died suddenly like this have really shocked me.
    Let's see if I can test my memory (headache is killing me) ... David von Erich was one of four von Erich brothers who died who didn't kill himself, if I recall. That was a total shock when he died. Well, it was a shock when all four died. I think Kevin is the only one alive.
    Let's see.... King Kong Brody.
    Died of a heart attack, I think? That one was really sad. I loved him when I was a kid. Andre the Giant was another sad one.

Eddie Guerrero is sad, too ... he had been trying hard to live a better life. I read that he was working on four years sobriety, I believe, and trying to get his life back together. My boyfriend was a big fan of his.
    This is very tragic.

Thanks for the link
    I hadn't read about it til I saw your posts.
    King Kong Brody (aka Bruiser Brody) was murdered in the locker room during a card in Puerto Rico.

Other who have died from drugs or enlarged hearts from drug/steroid use are:

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude
    Flyin' Brian Pillman
    The British Bulldog
    Road Warrior Hawk

You mentioned the 4 Von Erichs
    Owen Hart died in an in-ring freak accident

ETA: Yokozuna died because he was 700 pounds
    Yes, Andre' due to his gigantism causing heart failure
    Rocco Rock from Public Enemy (tag team, not the rappers, lol.)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

WWE has announced that Monday Night RAW on USA and Friday Night Smackdown! on UPN will be exclusively tribute shows to Eddie this week.

Some WWE personnel have said it is their belief he died of heart failure while brushing his teeth, FWIW.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast