WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead in Minneapolis hotel room

vanillasky

Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Full story:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5724133.html

World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his Minneapolis hotel room this morning, according to the WWE.

Guerrero, who was born in 1967, was at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis and in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" at Target Center.

08.jpg

Pook said:
I guess he got Smacked Down...
I don't find that appropriate. What a horrible tragedy after all he has been through, and so young.

Dark Knight said:
I don't find that appropriate. What a horrible tragedy after all he has been through, and so young.
Me either. He worked hard for what he attained, and he left three young children, a wife and a loving family behind. He'll be missed.

Here's one if his trading cards with a more recent picture on it:

wwe_chaos_tuff_2.jpg

This is so very sad. He's been through so much only to die at age 38. He was a great performer, as well, one of my faves. :( His poor family, as well.

I've been hearing rumors that he died of a drug overdose, anyone else hear this?

MrsMush99 said:
I've been hearing rumors that he died of a drug overdose, anyone else hear this?
No, no cause of death has been mentioned. He had his toothbrush in his mouth, so he was brushing his teeth at the time of death.

Dark Knight said:
Here's one if his trading cards with a more recent picture on it:

wwe_chaos_tuff_2.jpg

This is so very sad. He's been through so much only to die at age 38. He was a great performer, as well, one of my faves. :( His poor family, as well.
I used to watch wrestling as a kid. Some of the wrestlers who have died suddenly like this have really shocked me.
Let's see if I can test my memory (headache is killing me) ... David von Erich was one of four von Erich brothers who died who didn't kill himself, if I recall. That was a total shock when he died. Well, it was a shock when all four died. I think Kevin is the only one alive.
Let's see.... King Kong Brody.
Died of a heart attack, I think? That one was really sad. I loved him when I was a kid. Andre the Giant was another sad one.

Eddie Guerrero is sad, too ... he had been trying hard to live a better life. I read that he was working on four years sobriety, I believe, and trying to get his life back together. My boyfriend was a big fan of his.
This is very tragic.

Thanks for the link :(
I hadn't read about it til I saw your posts.

Just that they are alluding to this, considering he had such a problem with drugs in the past (and had been fired for it then too).

I didn't mean my earlier statement to be mean - in fact I have stock in the WWE, but if you read the history of all the one's who suffered an early death in wrestling, it's usually drugs with a combination of growth hormones and steriods. They know what it will do to their bodies, yet they continue to do it. Just like musicians who die from drug overdoses. It's such a damn waste.

MrsMush99 said:
In the article it mentions that it could be from "prior" drug use.

Even if someone does actually clean up their drug habit eventually, it may have caused problems in the body no one's aware of until something like this happens.

PrayersForMaura said:
I used to watch wrestling as a kid. Some of the wrestlers who have died suddenly like this have really shocked me.
Let's see if I can test my memory (headache is killing me) ... David von Erich was one of four von Erich brothers who died who didn't kill himself, if I recall. That was a total shock when he died. Well, it was a shock when all four died. I think Kevin is the only one alive.
Let's see.... King Kong Brody.
Died of a heart attack, I think? That one was really sad. I loved him when I was a kid. Andre the Giant was another sad one.

Eddie Guerrero is sad, too ... he had been trying hard to live a better life. I read that he was working on four years sobriety, I believe, and trying to get his life back together. My boyfriend was a big fan of his.
This is very tragic.

Thanks for the link :(
I hadn't read about it til I saw your posts.
King Kong Brody (aka Bruiser Brody) was murdered in the locker room during a card in Puerto Rico.

Other who have died from drugs or enlarged hearts from drug/steroid use are:

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Flyin' Brian Pillman
The British Bulldog
Road Warrior Hawk

You mentioned the 4 Von Erichs
Owen Hart died in an in-ring freak accident

ETA: Yokozuna died because he was 700 pounds
Yes, Andre' due to his gigantism causing heart failure
Rocco Rock from Public Enemy (tag team, not the rappers, lol.)

WWE has announced that Monday Night RAW on USA and Friday Night Smackdown! on UPN will be exclusively tribute shows to Eddie this week.

Some WWE personnel have said it is their belief he died of heart failure while brushing his teeth, FWIW.

Dark Knight said:
King Kong Brody (aka Bruiser Brody) was murdered in the locker room during a card in Puerto Rico.

"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Flyin' Brian Pillman
The British Bulldog
Road Warrior Hawk

:( How depressing!
I remember Rick Rude, btw, but didn't know he had died.

love,

Ariel

The original article I posted has been updated a little bit. This is so sad. :(

When World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero didn't answer his wakeup call Sunday and didn't respond to a knock on his hotel-room door, security and Guerrero's nephew forced their way into his room and found the 5-feet-8, 220-pound superstar on the floor, said Minneapolis police.

Efforts to resuscitate the 38-year-old weren't successful and the WWE was suddenly thrust into the task of finding the delicate balance between continuing with tonight's wrestling show while paying tribute to one of its biggest attractions.

<< snip >>

Police said there are no signs of foul play or indications that Guerrero's death was a suicide. His death is under investigation.

Dark Knight said:

"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Flyin' Brian Pillman
The British Bulldog
Road Warrior Hawk

It is amaazing how many of the above their deaths were due to Steroid use in the past.
Latino Heat (Eddie) had been hooked on pain pills an alchol for years. In fact he had been clean for 4 years.

JDB said:
It is amaazing how many of the above their deaths were due to Steroid use in the past.
Latino Heat (Eddie) had been hooked on pain pills an alchol for years. In fact he had been clean for 4 years.
DIFFERNT SPORT, SAME THING!

Years ago two NFL players (only old timers will probably remember them) John Matusek & Lyle Alzado. died young from long term Steroid use.

John who died in '89 from a heart attack due to Steroid abuse, he was 38. Lyle Alzado died in '92 at the age of 42 from brain cancer due to Steroid abuse.

Snips from Lyle's Tribute Page: http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/alzado.html

"I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped," he admitted during his pain-racked final days. "It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. Ninety per cent of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300lbs or jump 30ft.

Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

Riverview Cemetery, Portland, Oregon, USA.
Cause of Death: Brain cancer brought on by excessive steroid use.

Pook said:
...if you read the history of all the one's who suffered an early death in wrestling, it's usually drugs with a combination of growth hormones and steriods...
That was my first thought--steroids. That is also the probable cause of death in some of the young football/baseball athletes. I agree with you that they know the risks, and it is such a shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back