CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Trinity County woman reported missing
STACEY+SMART+PIC.jpg

tacey Smart, who is also known as Stacey Hamilton, was last seen by family members Oct. 12, sheriff''s officials said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Trinity-County-woman-reported-missing-400284581.html

http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/trinity-county-woman-missing/

Santos explained that her mother who is also known as Stacey Hamilton doesn’t have a car or driver’s license. “Also, she can’t walk very well due to an injury to her left leg,” Smart’s daughter said. “I have tried social media to get the word out that her family is looking for her…[N]o one has seen her in weeks. It is out of her Character to go so long without contacting her family.”

Stacey SmartSantos said she filed a missing persons’ report with the Trinity County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday, November 2. She asked, “If you could please spread the word that her family is looking for her, it would be greatly appreciated.”

Smart is 52 years old. She is about 5’8″ with blue eyes and pixie cut hair–slightly shorter than that shown in the photo. “She likes to wear hats,” Santos said. “She has a lower-back tattoo of a red lotus blossom.”

Smart last had contact with her family on October 12. According to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office, “At the time Ms. Smart was living at a residence in Lewiston. Stacey Smart has not been located at that residence and it is unknown at this time where she might have gone or what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.”

Anyone with any information please contact the Trinity County Sheriff’s Department at (530) 623-3740.

She has disappeared from a very (very) small rural town in Northern California. A lot of rugged terrain, creeks, lakes and a swift moving river. The County (Trinity) is quite large in land mass, but population is approximately 15,000 people. Less than 1500 people live in Lewiston itself. The weather has been getting colder and it has been raining off and on for the last several weeks. As many towns have noted, we too are seeing more crime as we see a rise in homelessness, crime and substance abuse. We all are hoping she is found soon and unharmed.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/trinity-county-woman-missing/

Santos explained that her mother who is also known as Stacey Hamilton doesn’t have a car or driver’s license. “Also, she can’t walk very well due to an injury to her left leg,” Smart’s daughter said. “I have tried social media to get the word out that her family is looking for her…[N]o one has seen her in weeks. It is out of her Character to go so long without contacting her family.”

Stacey SmartSantos said she filed a missing persons’ report with the Trinity County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday, November 2. She asked, “If you could please spread the word that her family is looking for her, it would be greatly appreciated.”

Smart is 52 years old. She is about 5’8″ with blue eyes and pixie cut hair–slightly shorter than that shown in the photo. “She likes to wear hats,” Santos said. “She has a lower-back tattoo of a red lotus blossom.”

Smart last had contact with her family on October 12. According to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office, “At the time Ms. Smart was living at a residence in Lewiston. Stacey Smart has not been located at that residence and it is unknown at this time where she might have gone or what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.”

Anyone with any information please contact the Trinity County Sheriff’s Department at (530) 623-3740.
Okay, so what was the living situation? Was she paying rent, living with a lover, squatting? Obviously any of those circumstances would require a completely different search query.

Okay, so what was the living situation? Was she paying rent, living with a lover, squatting? Obviously any of those circumstances would require a completely different search query.
I agree.

She was living with her boyfriend. He is thought to be the last one to have seen her. SHe was NOT squatting. Just for edification from notes below, the daughters name is Nicolle.

To me, the most important information was that she didn't drive, didn't own a car, and didn't walk very well. That really limits her options for leaving the area.

To me, the most important information was that she didn't drive, didn't own a car, and didn't walk very well. That really limits her options for leaving the area.

I completely agree with you. I haven't been to this site for about four or five years. I don't want to state my opinion because I am worried about privacy. I do definitely have an opinion. Will try and post a google map of where she disappeared from. Please do let me know if this map shows mountainous terrain. https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...68859c6f2439c!8m2!3d40.7629121!4d-122.7859127

I completely agree with you. I haven't been to this site for about four or five years. I don't want to state my opinion because I am worried about privacy. I do definitely have an opinion. Will try and post a google map of where she disappeared from. Please do let me know if this map shows mountainous terrain. https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...68859c6f2439c!8m2!3d40.7629121!4d-122.7859127

Your link takes me to an overhead view of a valley with steep sides and dammed river at the bottom. There's a road on the "west" side of Lewiston Lake which is really just a river that's been dammed. Upstream there's another dam and a much larger reservoir. The "water" option troubles me. I didn't know there was so much water nearby.

I think you can give your opinion in a vague and careful way. A person is missing and finding her is of utmost importance.

I think you can give your opinion in a vague and careful way. A person is missing and finding her is of utmost importance.

I assure you that the investigators are aware of the concern. Sill no news.

I assure you that the investigators are aware of the concern. Sill no news.

I really appreciated having someone familiar with the area adding to the comments. I'm checking here for news so please continue to keep us posted. I think there was a search planned for today and they needed volunteers. Wish I could help.

Based on reading the FindStacey FB, other poking around, and comments here it seems like the BF did something untoward. Considering he didn't report her missing, I'm inclined to agree.

Where is the boyfriend in all of this? Is he cooperating?

Based on reading the FindStacey FB, other poking around, and comments here it seems like the BF did something untoward. Considering he didn't report her missing, I'm inclined to agree.

Sounds like Stephanie Warner's BF. Didn't report her missing either. Claimed to be "baffled" by her disappearance. Now a suspect. I'm so sorry about Stacey...another vibrant redhead vanishes. :(

Where is the boyfriend now? As he been interviewed? Is he searching for her?

A missing woman and so little interest on this thread, sad

Questions:

1) Why did the news report say she goes by the last names Smart or Hamilton? Why two different names?

2) Is there a timeline of her last known whereabouts? When did someone actually see her (versus text or email)?

3) How long had she lived in Lewiston?

4) Did she work? What was her source of income?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back