1291 users online (233 members and 1058 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    I'm late in reading this thread so I apologize if this has been covered but I have to say that I am not impressed with this Sheriff.
    I thought he was very disrespectful to the victim, Kayla Brown, by telling the world that she was "chained like a dog." He could have given the facts (that she was found chained) without comparing her to an animal. Imagine trying to recover and lead your life knowing that people think of you as the woman who was "chained like a dog."
    For the rest of her life, when someone types her name into Google, that is what they will read about her.
    The sheriff seems smalll minded and unprofessional and the whole link between TK and the Superbike murders is suspect, imo.

Lady of the nightGuest

Quote Originally Posted by Lady of the night View Post
    Borderline? Really?

No. Psychopath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they only gave him that diagnosis because medical professionals cannot legally diagnose anyone under the age of 18 with anti-social personality disorder, and he was only 16 at the time.

✌️

Lady of the nightGuest

Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

Quote Originally Posted by cujenn81 View Post
    I think they only gave him that diagnosis because medical professionals cannot legally diagnose anyone under the age of 18 with anti-social personality disorder, and he was only 16 at the time.

It's not illegal to diagnose ANYONE with a personality disorder at any age, really. It's more premature and indicative of being a poor practitioner. A more suitable diagnosis is Reactive attachment disorder and a comorbid conduct disorder. That's how you say a child is sociopathic, without saying they're hopeless.

I get annoyed seeing borderline diagnosed so much. It needs to be a more narrow diagnosis. They just hand it out like candy, even to adults, when they should just really say PDNOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady of the night View Post
    It's not illegal to diagnose ANYONE with a personality disorder at any age, really. It's more premature and indicative of being a poor practitioner. A more suitable diagnosis is Reactive attachment disorder and a comorbid conduct disorder. That's how you say a child is sociopathic, without saying they're hopeless.

I get annoyed seeing borderline diagnosed so much. It needs to be a more narrow diagnosis. They just hand it out like candy, even to adults, when they should just really say PDNOS.

Would a different diagnosis as a child helped him received better or different care? Also, does anyone recall the quote his mother made regarding her parents not wanting her to have children?

Lady of the nightGuest
    Perhaps. It certainly wouldn't have carried the stigma associated with an ASPD diagnosis. The brain doesn't stop developing until around age 25, so behaviorally, many of these kids can be helped. No doubt it would be VERY rigorous, but thats far better than being cast aside and developing a fully blown psychopathic personality.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetchristmas View Post
    I'm late in reading this thread so I apologize if this has been covered but I have to say that I am not impressed with this Sheriff.
    I thought he was very disrespectful to the victim, Kayla Brown, by telling the world that she was "chained like a dog." He could have given the facts (that she was found chained) without comparing her to an animal. Imagine trying to recover and lead your life knowing that people think of you as the woman who was "chained like a dog."
    For the rest of her life, when someone types her name into Google, that is what they will read about her.
    The sheriff seems smalll minded and unprofessional and the whole link between TK and the Superbike murders is suspect, imo.
    She may have given him permission to say that. We just don't know.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25