904 users online (171 members and 733 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    John Douglas profiled the Superbike murders in 2004. His profile seems pretty accurate, based off what's been released so far.

He said, amongst other things, the killer acting alone fits the mold of a disgruntled customer or someone who wanted to get back at one of the victims.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/200411...s-angry-gunman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Drop the Mic"! No way to compete with John Douglas, Roger L. Depue, or Robert Ressler's profile, imo.. All of these FBI Special Agents were/are Legends...

“JOURNEY INTO DARKNESS” BY JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSU; Behavioral Science Unit Profiler...

JD penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying prolific predators/serial killers. . JD was one of the early pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU and many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences into the abyss or darkness….

'The FBI BSU was later changed to the FBI BAU; Behavior Analysis Unit, for obvious reasons. The BS Unit, which was also referred too as the Witches unit due to it being located 60' underground, with dim lighting/no windows, and their unique ability to enter the darkness of the minds that they frequently and routinely encountered'..

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized, or prettied up, or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s worse than the way I describe it…

"AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER".. Quote: by John Douglas...
    http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Into-D.../dp/1439199817

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the mind of the innocent victim/s also to be able to see the whole picture….

This experience could cause a strong minded person, severe physical and mental health issues, or at a minimum; 'cry a river of tears'.. jmo..

As do Catholic Priests that perform multiple exorcisms, Agent Douglas, paid a hefty price with his health, even though he had the ability to compartmentalize and possessed a very high tolerance level, due to the enormous ‘evil’ that he and his team encountered...
    Last edited by Foxfire; 11-07-2016 at 08:27 PM.

When the FBI BSU was established, John Douglas; one of the pioneers of the BSU/BAU suffered health issues due to the overwhelming evil that he routinely endured. Safety precautions were later enacted in the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit to minimize their continuous contamination of the evil the profilers endured.
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0235123/quotes

[recalling how his obsession with finding the Green River Killer almost killed him] I didn't have a support system. I came back, I took out Inca Protection insurance, and life insurance, I went out to Seattle before I left, I told my family about my life insurance.

'You shouldn't go, what's wrong with you? You don't look right'. I'm getting headaches, I just don't feel right, but they're depending on me to go out there.
    I go before the task force, and that night I tell them 'Don't bother me, I'm not going out tomorrow, I'm getting the flu'. I collapse in my hotel room, they find me two days later with a lesion on my brain, I had viral encephalitis, related to the stress just burnt me out. Brain swelled, split the brain, left side paralysis, 220 heartbeat, 105-107 body temperature, my eyes were dilated, my whole system shut down.

I'm in this coma now, and they take me to the hospital, but I'm aware, I'm aware something's going on around me. And they're starting to, I feel pain, and they're putting tubes in every body orifice in me, and I feel pain, and the last thing was the life support system, and they're forcing it down my throat. And I think I'm in hell; I think all these guys I've been after, they got me now, I'm being tortured, and now I'm being choked to death, I can't breathe...
    Last edited by Foxfire; 11-07-2016 at 08:34 PM.

A little confused, while he may *seem to dote on his mother a bit, there were posts where he claimed he was beaten by the mother, mother's new husband and his natural father.

Either way, he implied there was much neglect and/or abuse for any circumstance which they perceived as "wrong" or 'unmasculine.' The only example I recall specifically was the comment about "putting a glass down too hard."

IMO, these are the types of comments that are often given by children from dysfunctional homes, their recall memory simultaneously reflects self-blame and self-deprecation. The language is consistent with their remarkably lackadaisical attitude and conveys their avoidance at remarking punitively at the provider(s) violently disrupting their boundaries. I think it's fair to say this is reflected back by their lack of empathy towards any of their own future victims and further contributes at dehumanizing/violating them.

I only state any of this as I kept seeing the comment about being unruly in nursery and thought to myself, well gee, of course! you can neglect basic human child care at that age (the younger you do so, the more behavioral issues you'll have at early development - you'd be amazed at what foster care/group homes have stories about at the earliest of these kids upbringings! And they do lash out!). They are so quick to blame it on genetics, meanwhile, we are not entirely able to rule about social environments. Psychologists have not definitively stated those *possible* brain abnormalities are really responsible for anti-social behavior. The prison inmates have all types of stories of anti-social upbringing, narcissism, and neglect, yet their parents don't get researched. Those whom bring up these individuals rarely have a complete story, IMO, there are huge gaps, too many notions of pity and helplessness due to tantrums (meanwhile there are no psychological or medical evalulations claiming things were going on at home - possibly because the child would reveal someone is harming them and doctors are lead to reporting it to the police?? Also, the parents co-workers, interview them, close co-workers know all, IMO), and at this point it goes to say the prisoner is at an ends financially - creating a conflict of interest in regards to blaming anyone of early authority in their life (they'll need canteen $$). Lashing out as an infant can also be a response of not having ones basic needs met for food, diaper changes, abusive intolerance, etc etc. Anyhow, at junctions like these I am always hesitant to strictly rely upon the 'helpless mother's' allegations of sudden bouts of childhood anger. There weren't any doctors reports or psychological notes about his early development so.. They should 'vet them' before we can fairly judge whom or what is culpable in creating this monster, IMO. Just my two cents

At one point, Todd was just a child, I think it's entirely plausible if circumstances were different, we'd see a different adult human. Children exhibiting irritability can be provided with care, proper medication, and/or receive coping techniques. This isn't even someone with an intelligence deficit here. Truth is, there are psychopaths out there that haven't and will not murder anyone - they've been brought up will so this can be a major factor. Their adult brain scans just happen to reveal they're psychopathic.

Just a side note - kids in school I can recall from back then, any of the teens with 'anger issues,' pretty much always had a bad family home life. I suppose the extraordinary example exists, I just find the 'born psychopath' bit fantasized a bit by some parents. It's a method to absolve them much of the time, IMO, I've seen foster families do this all the time.
    Last edited by b_lab7410; 11-07-2016 at 08:54 PM.

FOX Carolina NewsVerified account ‏@foxcarolinanews 3m3 minutes ago
    JUST IN: Sheriff says Todd Kohlhepp will represent himself in court.

Of course he will. He is a psychopath.

Psychologists now believe fledgling psychopaths can be identified as early as kindergarten. The hope is to teach these children empathy ...

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/ma...sychopath.html

One day last summer, Anne and her husband, Miguel, took their 9-year-old son, Michael, to a Florida elementary school for the first day of what the family chose to call “summer camp.” For years, Anne and Miguel have struggled to understand their eldest son, an elegant boy with high-planed cheeks, wide eyes and curly light brown hair, whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment. Michael’s eight-week program was, in reality, a highly structured psychological study — less summer camp than camp of last resort.

<snipped - read more>

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post

Hey matou, where have we heard this one before.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post

'Yep, and has a Fool for a Client'... "Someone needs to advise TK that he has the right to remain silent".. 'Guess, it's a little late for that, huh'?

Ted Bundy's birth name; Theodore Robert Cowell..
    Last edited by Foxfire; 11-07-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Given what we know about TK right now, I think everything we need to know about him can be summed up in this post to a photo on Facebook.

SKs need love too.jpg

I think that he has felt alone his whole life. Whether because of actual neglect in the home with his mother and stepfather, or perceived neglect, he felt alone and invisible and needed to make himself known.
    He doesn't see his father from the time he's less than two until he's 12. And once he does, he learns his mom isn't ready for him to come back and that visit lasts 2.5 years, during which his father is often gone. It's noted in the presentence report that he blamed his father for his behavior and that this happened because he wasn't around, but the family of the victim says he liked being alone so he could do as he pleased. I think it's both, myself. He felt abandoned and unloved and he had all this opportunity to hurt living things.

I wonder what his mom was like when he was little.

Her letter to the sentencing board and what she told Juvenile probation officer are totally incongruous. He's a good boy and walked him victim home, vs. He's been exhibiting behavioral issues since 15 months, killed a pet and threatened to kill her. Guilt? I get a mothers love. But don't you think, with all he'd put her through that she would be relieved at him being away for awhile?

Anyways.

He's left alone for a few days over Thanksgiving. All alone, and so he takes advantage of the opportunity to be the center of attention of his long time crush. And freely admitted it once arrested. He definitely got moms attention and the publics and the court systems.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Superbike killings were because they weren't answering his calls or putting his wants first in line.

His blatantly twisted reviews on Amazon are born of a desire to connect to people, to be seen. I doubt he was successful.
    His oh so darkly amusing FB posts received little to no response.
    There is social media trickling in that he reached out to ladies often, and was rebuffed, often.
    I'll bet he wasn't invited to a lot of boys nights out.
    Heck, his career choice may have been an attempt to connect.

He is a very disturbed individual and people find him repugnant.

I would not be at all surprised to hear of truly terrible things that were done to KB by him, but I think he mostly wanted her attention, and had no issue whatsoever forcing it on her. 'Cause after all, serial killers need love too.

PIcture from link:
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33118857...victims/#page1

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Agree, the anger about women who relegate him to the "friend zone" seems like a variation on the "grudge collector" syndrome. Like most rapists, it's about controlling and punishing women more than sexual gratification.

Maybe his alleged "alternative lifestyle" hobby allowed him (for a while) to pursue that urge to control and punish in a way that is acceptable to that subculture. But he had to take it farther by kidnapping KB and killing his "rival" Charlie. IMO, those crimes are a progression of the rape he committed at age 15. Steal the girl for sex and get revenge via her boyfriend, who she preferred over him.
    I have been considering how the superbike shootings factor into the whole grudge collection thing. It was noted in his psych evals that he has issues with males, particularly those who may be in authority positions (step-dad, dad, he made some posts about whoopings from grandpa, etc).

Did he struggle from an early age with feelings of inadequacy? Not measuring up to other males. The psych evals revealed that he was relegated to the friend zone by the girl he abducted and raped. She was interested in flirting with his friends but did not view him "that way".

makes me wonder if he resented or hated any man who seemed "more" manly than he.

A lot of his pursuits were about perceived manly and/or successful type activities. The pilot's license, using heavy equipment, seating and working at the property, bragging about degrees and finance. Not to mention those private personal pursuits he is rumored to have been into. All a big show, to convince who exactly? Himself? The world at large? Both?

A lot of his own view of self seems driven by what both men and women think of him. How he needs to be viewed. By women, a viral powerful man. By men, an athletic, hands on, get things done, successful man.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronomy View Post
    "Wright said after Kohlhepp was taken into custody, he asked him if he could grant him a few requests: to give his mother a picture of himself; to transfer money to a girl he is helping raise, to pay for her college education; and to allow him to speak with his mother." http://www.goupstate.com/news/201611...ike-confession

A pic of himself to his mother? Why? A specific picture? What does this say about TK?

Who is the girl? A daughter? The gf's daughter mentioned in the Amazon review? What does this say about TK? Is he truly capable of caring that much about another human?
    I've not gone further than the Maricopa review, just yet, however, children with antisocial and conduct disorders, can feel remorse, and can care about others. They just care about themselves, and what they want, MORE. They don't see that their manipulation of others is a problem. If they do something for someone else, they usually get something out of it too. However, a small percentage of kids with these disorders will grow up to have antisocial personality disorder. APD is very hard to treat. Mostly, again, because the person does not feel they have a problem. They don't see where they are ever in the wrong. It's always someone else's fault. They are not sociopaths nor psychopaths. They have very little empathy for others. They're impulsive. Easily angered if things don't go their way. They are usually diagnosed w/conduct disorders as a child or young adult. I'm not surprised about his thinking of his mother though, as I'd guess that she's been someone who has never bailed on him. Even though she probably was afraid of him at times and wanted to bail, at times. (just a guess)

As sort of an example: It's like us pulling up to a stop sign. We know we have to stop. The sign is there for everyone. When a person with ODD or CD or APD, sees the stop sign, it is there for everyone except them. They will pull through it every time until the results are so uncomfortable for them, that they make the decision that they, too, will stop at the sign that is there for everyone else.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    The 1987 report has some revealing information.

He's insecure in his relationships with women. Feels he is unattractive and "fat" and strikes out at women when they don't want to be romantic or have sex with him.

His bio father sounds a bit unhinged and irresponsible. He physically abused TK during the time he was living with him as he showed scars from glass and a nail file. Bio dad had a lot of machetes, guns and did things with explosives, somewhat unusual behavior and hobbies back in the 80's. He taught TK some of his skills with guns and explosives.

In that exam, he was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Poor impulse control, periodic episodes of self-loathing and depression. Knows the consequences of his actions. At various times he was treated with Ritalin and Thorazine.

Thought of his mother as a kind and loving person. Seems he still feels that way as she got him to confess to some of his murders, etc.

He's someone who alternately blames others for his problems, but later felt some regret when he struck out at them. It would be interesting to know if he recently had been taking any mood altering drugs (prescription or otherwise).

Even then, he liked to control others and his environment, so that trait has probably increased with age. He seems like one of those people who, if you earned his trust, he would treat you ok (like his employees), but is very quick to turn violently against anyone he feels has treated him badly or unfairly (Speedbike murders?). Grudge collector.

His attitudes about women and sex were warped from an early age and worsened after his years in jail, where he was likely abused as a young man. Probably confused, conflicted and angry about his sexual identity.

As for the murders, his motivations probably vary. As someone pointed out elsewhere, he probably kills people when he's angry or wants something from them. Not like he has an ongoing compulsion to kill for sexual or other gratification. He does it to get revenge/make himself feel better or to get something he wants (sex, money, etc). He's intelligent enough to do it in a way that helps him avoid detection.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Grudge collector feels right to me.

Also seems to fixate on women who he feels relegate him to the "friend zone"
    The first thing I thought of Ted Kohlhepp was injustice collector. Most people like to think mass murderers, spree killers, and terrorists are injustice collectors. There are serial killers who are also injustice collectors like David Berkowitz, Aileen Wuornos, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer, and Dean Corlll.

If he has borderline personality disorder and injustice collector, than we would be looking at someone to the likes of Jodi Arias, Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewski, Elisa Baker, and Mark Barton.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I have been considering how the superbike shootings factor into the whole grudge collection thing. It was noted in his psych evals that he has issues with males, particularly those who may be in authority positions (step-dad, dad, he made some posts about whoopings from grandpa, etc).

Did he struggle from an early age with feelings of inadequacy? Not measuring up to other males. The psych evals revealed that he was relegated to the friend zone by the girl he abducted and raped. She was interested in flirting with his friends but did not view him "that way".

makes me wonder if he resented or hated any man who seemed "more" manly than he.

A lot of his pursuits were about perceived manly and/or successful type activities. The pilot's license, using heavy equipment, seating and working at the property, bragging about degrees and finance. Not to mention those private personal pursuits he is rumored to have been into. All a big show, to convince who exactly? Himself? The world at large? Both?

A lot of his own view of self seems driven by what both men and women think of him. How he needs to be viewed. By women, a viral powerful man. By men, an athletic, hands on, get things done, successful man.
    Seems I remember that he was prescribed medications when he was younger, again, I've not read everything (and don't remember everything that I have). Some of the meds for ODD, CD, will cause males to have feminine side effects (even breast growth). For a young male, this can be quite a devastating thing to happen when you are already dealing with all of the stuff that comes with being a teen (not to mention being a teen with a CD). The breast growth will diminish after stopping the meds but not always back to the way they were. This could have caused him to put forth even more of a need to be the powerful male. Just a guess.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

I can't believe there hasn't been any chatter concerning drug use by TK. Virtually every psychopathic sadistic sexual predator/serial killer case that I have researched since the CA speed freak serial killers of the 1980s had a direct or indirect meth link. There will likely be a meth link in the Todd Kohlhepp Brazened and heinous murders, imo.

Methamphetamine's short-term benefits in increasing sex drive and sexual ... You lose weight and you have great sex,” said Assistant U.S. Attorney Paul Laym ..
    http://www.drugfree.org/news-service...eth-appealing/

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    Seems I remember that he was prescribed medications when he was younger, again, I've not read everything (and don't remember everything that I have). Some of the meds for ODD, CD, will cause males to have feminine side effects (even breast growth). For a young male, this can be quite a devastating thing to happen when you are already dealing with all of the stuff that comes with being a teen (not to mention being a teen with a CD). The breast growth will diminish after stopping the meds but not always back to the way they were. This could have caused him to put forth even more of a need to be the powerful male. Just a guess.
    <BBM for Focus>

'Especially in a prison environment'...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronomy View Post
    "Wright said after Kohlhepp was taken into custody, he asked him if he could grant him a few requests: to give his mother a picture of himself; to transfer money to a girl he is helping raise, to pay for her college education; and to allow him to speak with his mother." http://www.goupstate.com/news/201611...ike-confession

A pic of himself to his mother? Why? A specific picture? What does this say about TK?

Who is the girl? A daughter? The gf's daughter mentioned in the Amazon review? What does this say about TK? Is he truly capable of caring that much about another human?
    Just a short while ago, I posted nearly these exact same questions in another thread. (My post is in the wrong thread )

I have trouble believing he is truly remorseful.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast