1546 users online (278 members and 1268 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1035
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northwestern United States
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    I definitely recall hearing that she was offered a disk of pictures and that she turned them down for that reason. It's kind of curious that a grieving parent would turn down any photos of their dead baby, regardless of how they are presented. Also curious is that a flash drive would be acceptable but a disk would not be because she didn't have a computer to use. The same issue applies to both methods of data storage.

    ETA I'm behind and catching up; sorry if this is redundant!
    My crappy laptop has a USB. So does my TV. But I don't have any way to play a disc.


    Although, as a bereaved mother, I would happily accept any format and correctly assume a family member would take care of it.

    (shout out to my 6 amazing siblings)
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Lol.

    Good night y'all. Thank you for making the day end on a much lighter note than when it began.
    Night!! Was fun !


  3. #1023
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleTray View Post
    I may need some supporting facts on this one Minor I have a few friends that wouldn't agree with you I am afraid
    Definitely not my experience as a family law attorney. Divorce tends to wreak havoc on the entire family's economic situation. It's pretty disastrous for both spouses and hurts the high wage earner a lot as they have to pay a lot in support. They do get to deduct spousal support though, in CA.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,343
    I don't think most of these incredible coincidences are coincidences at all. I see them as completely unrelated facts.

    RH clicks on a link entitled "Divorce Checklist". Five weeks later his son dies in a hot car! Bam!
    RH buys apples at the store. Two days later his son dies in a hot car!! COINCIDENCE?!

    He told women he wanted to keep his marriage together for the sake of his son. He told them he loved his son. So he killed his son to get out of his marriage? That makes zero sense. He said he was only keeping the marriage together for the sake of his son. If he didn't care about his son, he would just leave his wife.

    Ross the obsessive Googler never searched for anything truly incriminating, like "hot car deaths" (yes he clicked on a viral video that came up on a site he was on, along with millions of others, but he never went out of his way to look up information on hot car deaths). He never searched for divorce, or how much child support payments are, or how to commit the perfect murder, or death statistics for young children, or children who have disappeared and never been found, or how to make your wife leave you, or how to make your wife disappear... Ross the obsessive Googler never searched for anything incriminating at all relating to his son's death.

    Aha! I hear you say. He's not stupid! He would not leave evidence of such searches on his computer!
    So why did he leave his hookup searches and searches about the age of consent on his computer? Oh, because he thought he was so clever and it never crossed his mind that the police would suspect foul play and search his computer and phone, right? So tell me again why there were no searches about divorce, or child deaths, or murder or anything like that on his computer... Ross the researcher googled everything that was on his mind. If he really wanted a divorce I'm sure he would have done a lot of research into it, and if he really wanted his kid gone I'm sure he would have done a lot of research into it.

  5. #1025
    I will miss you guys when this is through. I was just giving my hubs his daily trial update (he tunes me out I think) and I was saying I wish the jury had the benefit of bouncing ideas off each other this whole time as we have. Listening to differing theories, understanding the evidence in different ways. There is value in that. Love the peeps on websleuths.

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    I imagine that's a wise decision. Me, I'm clinging to a vision of Glory Hole being a swimming hole surrounded by morning glories.
    ROFL!! Well, before I unfortunately turned to Google (shudder) I had mused that it was some sort of body of water used for baptisms. Boy, was I wrong!!!

    Do I want to know why you can no longer order a tossed salad? LOL I confess i has me scratching my head!
    Not my circus, really not my monkeys

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,238
    As always lots of good conversation here! We shall see what the Jury's "Friday" will be tomorrow.

    Cathy ‏@courtchatter 11h11 hours ago
    #RossHarris - If you consider the time they took to review videos today, lunch break, etc.. they may have only deliberated 3 1/2 hrs today.

    Cathy ‏@courtchatter 11h11 hours ago
    #RossHarris - NO verdict today. Jurors are going home today and will resume deliberations tomorrow morning. #hotcardeath

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,238
    Relistening to see if I could see why the Jury has had the questions they have had... Credibility of the Investigation jmho is the biggest theme that the Defense brought up. What RH said vs what Det Stoddard investigation testified to under oath various times as being said/ and what is being suggested by the State. << wanting transcripts of videos RH, then RH/LH JMHO Kilgore multiple times tells them all the evidence is available to them.

    57:00 mark re doll sitting in car seat and the State putting doll in car seat .. measurements "have to assume ALL measurements were correct" said Kilgore (remember the jury asked to see the doll, which was not entered into evidence) Kilgore shows examples of photos. *white socks... reminded me of WS member pointing out/speaking about the socks.. **Kilgore showed photo of what Cooper was wearing at time of death, the shoes and socks, neither of which were white.
    1:00:00 Orig Scan, Corrected Scan photo of doll in car seat **also note the front of the car seat the hood part positions-mimi
    1:00:48ish-1:01:52ish What cooper was wearing 6/18/14


    JMHO, they could be going over testimony of all the witnesses testimony of what RH said/didn't say in his testimony. (whether he said he researched the video..what RH told Stoddard vs whether it was truth or not) (emotions vs no emotion but that would not be on a transcript)

    1:16:00 Stoddard testifying LH was a suspect, just no probable cause ...she didn't cry enough/grieve enough that made her a suspect..
    1:22:00 Persinger RH DID NOT search for Hot Car video... diff than clicking on trending video and typing in .. NO RESEARCH... (goes back to what RH told Stoddard in initial interview) Speaks of who had the most invested..Stoddard and Ferrell...
    1:24:00 then goes on to credibility..Persinger and the putting the info about Griffin Psychology website, VPN << credibility of State/CCPD investigation (JMHO there are many instances that reference back to the credibility investigation by Stoddard/Ferrell from the very instant of the case at the crime scene)
    1:30:30 searches false and the witnesses who testified to such. Mislead from start to finish...various witnesses testimony lies by Wesley Houston how it was LH who told this witness RH movie/Winston..and State of GA put witness on stand, not corrected by State.. Credibility of the State
    1:35:00 motive...child free life bogus...Stoddard credibility
    1:35:58 you have been mislead through this whole trial... hold the State accountable.. when determining credibility in the jury room
    1:43:00 States Burden... RH didn't act the way he should have acted... Played videos... RH Suspecious to Stoddard.
    1:46:00 RH and Leanna acted different

    1:46:41 IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THAT AGAIN, You can see what a broken broken man.... no matter what word he said not going to satisified the CCPD or the State. And what LH emotions or non emotions /demeanor made LH a suspect... **What Kilgore said in Closing, NOT my thoughts or opinions.

    1:50:56 goes over the Counts...
    1:52:00 Justice is doing what is right.. Holding the State to their burden
    Last edited by arkansasmimi; 11-10-2016 at 08:39 AM.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobiegirl View Post
    ROFL!! Well, before I unfortunately turned to Google (shudder) I had mused that it was some sort of body of water used for baptisms. Boy, was I wrong!!!

    Do I want to know why you can no longer order a tossed salad? LOL I confess i has me scratching my head!
    Do not Google this! Way worse than GH

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,238
    Appears to be from GA Suggested Pattern Jury Instructions as in this case (different case, but shows the Jury Charge instructions for that case and goes along with what has been stated in the JRH Charging Conference, JMHO shows https://twight.files.wordpress.com/2...ury-charge.pdf


    1.20.10 Presumption of Innocence; Burden Of Proof; Reasonable Doubt
    The defendant is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The defendant enters
    upon the trial of the case with a presumption of innocence in his her favor. This
    presumption remains with the defendant until it is overcome by the State with
    evidence that is sufficient to convince you beyond a reasonable doubt that the
    defendant is guilty of the offense charged.

    No person shall be convicted of any crime unless and until each element of the
    crime as charged is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof rests
    upon the State to prove every material allegation of the indictment and every
    essential element of the crime charged beyond a reasonable doubt.
    There is no burden of proof upon the defendant whatsoever, and the burden never
    shifts to the defendant to introduce evidence or to prove innocence. When a
    defense is raised by the evidence, the burden is on the State to negate or disprove it
    beyond a reasonable doubt.

    However, the State is not required to prove the guilt of the accused beyond all
    doubt or to a mathematical certainty. A reasonable doubt means just what it says. A
    reasonable doubt is a doubt of a fair-minded, impartial juror honestly seeking the
    truth. A reasonable doubt is a doubt based upon common sense and reason. It does
    not mean a vague or arbitrary doubt but is a doubt for which a reason can be given,
    arising from a consideration of the evidence, a lack of evidence, or a conflict in the
    evidence.


  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Definitely not my experience as a family law attorney. Divorce tends to wreak havoc on the entire family's economic situation. It's pretty disastrous for both spouses and hurts the high wage earner a lot as they have to pay a lot in support. They do get to deduct spousal support though, in CA.
    In Texas, there's no alimony and child support is a straight percentage of net income. So if the husband is the primary bread winner of the family - often his economic outlook post-divorce improves.

    Depends on the particular family though, and I have no idea about Ga.

    In any event, divorce and child support would have been a lot less costly to Ross than being an incarcerated felon IMO financial issues was not a motive for murder.

  12. #1032
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    21,786
    I'm hoping for a verdict today because I have to be at home while painter is here

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,238
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I'm hoping for a verdict today because I have to be at home while painter is here
    I wishing I was at my daughters again after I realized I could have been watching on their huge 60 in tv on youtube and follow along on my laptop for WS. Can't do that at home and flip between tabs ... note to self for next trial... hook up one device to my tv read/post with other

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,101
    Sidebar Thread #2 has been prepared for you. Begin to move over. This one will close in a few minutes.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,101
    Alright, time to move to the new Thread #2

    This one is closed
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69


Similar Threads

  1. The Sidebar - Ross Harris Trial
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 01-27-2017, 09:13 PM
  2. Cooper Harris - Sidebar Thread
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 388
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 10:23 PM
  3. 2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)
    By beach in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1502
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 06:57 AM
  4. 2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):
    By SoSueMe in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1755
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 04:17 AM
  5. 2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven
    By ynotdivein in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1172
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM