GA - Heather McDonald, 27, found deceased, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 *arrest in 2023* #2

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
screenshot_2016-09-21_at_120359_pm-1474474022-6555.jpg

Woman Reported Missing in Cartersville

The Cartersville Police Deparmtent is asking the public to help them locate a missing woman.

Heather Dianne McDonald, 27, was last seen at Courtesy Inn at 2335 U.S. 411 in Cartersville on Monday, Sept.19.

Missing Cartersville Woman Identified

On Sunday, October 30, 2016, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) was requested to assist the Haralson County Sheriff’s Office in an investigation into the discovery of human remains.
On Wednesday, November 2, 2016, the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office identified the remains as that of Heather McDonald who has been missing from Cartersville, GA since mid-September.

The GBI, Cartersville Police Department, Bartow County Drug Task Force, Bartow County Sheriff’s Office, and FBI have been working diligently to find McDonald since her disappearance in mid-September. These agencies are continuing to follow all investigative leads.

An autopsy will be performed by the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause and manner of death.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Cartersville Police Department at 770-382-2526 or the GBI’s Calhoun Regional Office at 706-624-1424.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information about the death of Heather McDonald.

Thread #1

The HYSH FB page has been quiet, but SM posted a pic of the oldest little one laying next to what appears to be an angel in chalk. So heartbroken for HM's parents, too. I don't know how long it typically takes for toxicology or DNA testing, but hopefully that gives more answers to whether others are involved. Someone noted here on the last thread that the POI's priors were with children, but since we don't their ages and given HM's young appearance and small build, IMO he can't be ruled out. There was a reason his name was given to LE by SM, but IMO something seems all to convenient. Given the hour time frame now, it doesn't appear long enough to stage the Jeep after she disappeared. Just speculating.

So sad we are on thread 2 for Heather and don't yet know how she died or who was involved.

Prayers for her 3 girls. I wonder how they are handling this or if they have even been told yet. :(

The HYSH FB page has been quiet, but SM posted a pic of the oldest little one laying next to what appears to be an angel in chalk. So heartbroken for HM's parents, too. I don't know how long it typically takes for toxicology or DNA testing, but hopefully that gives more answers to whether others are involved. Someone noted here on the last thread that the POI's priors were with children, but since we don't their ages and given HM's young appearance and small build, IMO he can't be ruled out. There was a reason his name was given to LE by SM, but IMO something seems all to convenient. Given the hour time frame now, it doesn't appear long enough to stage the Jeep after she disappeared. Just speculating.
I'm thinking whoever she thought was following her has to do with her disappearance. She went as far as telling the clerk she thought she was being followed. I hope she told someone if she knew who it was.
I wonder if she was meeting someone at the gas station because she had asked the clerk if someone had asked about her. Maybe she was running late meeting them there. Could that have led her to the Courtesy Inn? Could she have been going there to meet someone? So many unanswered questions. JMHO. After reading up on RH, I believe his interest was with males. I'm thinking since she had known him so long and had hung out at his place, she felt safe there. I just hope after the autopsy the family will get answers.

I wonder if she was high and got paranoid. Possibly that's why she thought she was being followed. Do we know what kind of drugs she got caught with? If it was pills, she may have switched to heroine (cheaper) and overdosed.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I saw a story on our local news that due to the crack down on prescription pain meds here in Georgia that many who used them are turning to heroin. IDK how prevalent this drug is in Cartersville. I live north of there and I have never heard of anyone, directly or indirectly who has used it. I always thought of it as a big city drug but that is not the case anymore. Deaths from heroin overdoses has risen drastically in the last few years here in Georgia. My son is an EMT and he said "Mom, it is so easy to save them if someone would just call someone". But it's the fear of the person who either supplied it to them or participated with them that keeps that call from ever being made and sometimes their death being concealed. Of course this is all speculation at this point but there was something that had her out and away from her babies for days prior to disappearing and just hanging out with friends innocently usually doesn't carry on for days.

Heroin has been prevalent here since at least 2009.
LOTS OF OVERDOSES!!!

ie: THE CODE: perfectly healthy young men and women who died in their sleep.

I am sorry,but it pisses me off. Perfectly healthy 22 yr Olds do not "pass" in their sleep!!!
I know of at least a dozen that this has happened to. Never mind that they ran in the same circles.
If these weren't OVERDOSES, the CDC , would be on the hunt for some young adult SIDS phenomenon.
Out of respect for the dead, it is almost never reported to the public the truth of the matter.
If heroin isn't a big deal. Then why does Kennesaw State College have a drug program for its students???
It is rampant here.

I saw a story on our local news that due to the crack down on prescription pain meds here in Georgia that many who used them are turning to heroin. IDK how prevalent this drug is in Cartersville. I live north of there and I have never heard of anyone, directly or indirectly who has used it. I always thought of it as a big city drug but that is not the case anymore. Deaths from heroin overdoses has risen drastically in the last few years here in Georgia. My son is an EMT and he said "Mom, it is so easy to save them if someone would just call someone". But it's the fear of the person who either supplied it to them or participated with them that keeps that call from ever being made and sometimes their death being concealed. Of course this is all speculation at this point but there was something that had her out and away from her babies for days prior to disappearing and just hanging out with friends innocently usually doesn't carry on for days.
Here are the 5 videos. When you have time, they are well worth the watch. I had no idea there was such a huge network! *and it extends WELL beyond the triangle they highlighted.

http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/investigations/triangle/the-triangle-all-5-episodes/96753371

HM was in possession of hydrocodone and a class IV controlled substance per the arrest in late August. IMO, there is no doubt drug use played a part in her disappearance and what SM has referred to as "erratic behavior" possibly even witnessed that weekend. One article notes that almost half of heroin users are also addicted to prescription opinoid painkillers. Not saying HM was using heroin, but IMO she may not have been thinking logically for one reason or another. Many states, including Georgia, do have amnesty laws protecting those who call in an overdose from certain charges. Unfortunately, aside from fear of arrest, the associates an overdose victim may be with are also not likely to be in the right frame of mind to recognize the severity of the situation.

http://inmate-search.cobbsheriff.org/InmDetails.asp?soid=001042873 &BOOKING_ID=18845588377249
https://www.networkforphl.org/_asset/q5t5j3/GA-overdose-prevention.pdf
http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-...ug-overdose-immunity-good-samaritan-laws.aspx

As a parent of a college student, I can't tell you how any many discussions we've had relating to the heroin epidemic. It is widespread on college campuses and IMO no one is immune. But especially heartbreaking for me when it affects someone with so much potential who doesn't fit the profile of habitual drug user. I'm glad to see KSU and many other colleges taking a proactive approach, I recall them requiring a "101" class for freshman that outlined binge drinking, drug use, etc. Unfortunately, with their brains not fully-developed, many 18 years old fail to recognize the risk and IMO, have false securities in that it wouldn't happen to them. Also heartbreaking when children are involved and have to witness a parent overdosing. ON a side note, my sister works in the ER and reports almost daily of someone being brought in for overdose, they're revived and sent on their way, and many will return 2 or 3 times before it becomes fatal.

http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/cyaar/

http://studentsuccess.kennesaw.edu/

I have known Dr. Mattox as a friend and neighbor for 20 years. Thankfully he is addressing the issues.
As well as a few parents who have lost their children.
One in our neighborhood died of an overdose a few years ago. He had just graduated from Kennesaw State with HONORS!

It is everywhere here.

We know that Heather wasn't arrested with meth or heroin. It is a schedule I drug. She was arrested with schedule II and schedule IV...

We know that Heather wasn't arrested with meth or heroin. It is a schedule I drug. She was arrested with schedule II and schedule IV...

Lots of people who are addicted to prescription pain meds will try or switch to heroin when they can't get their drug of choice. I have a good friend who's son just got out of rehab. She found out when he went in that he'd been shooting heroin but only because he couldn't get the roxicodone that he liked to snort. She had no idea.

I've heard that the heroin epidemic is booming because of the crackdown on prescription meds. Heroin is cheaper and easier to get now than pills apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, and the fentanyl mixed with the heroin to stretch it (making it less expensive) is reportedly linked to the increase in overdoses. There was a huge bust in Cartersville this past June, not known whether this was the destination or it was passing through. But definitely shows the prevalence of it in the southeast.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...rgest-fentanyl-busts-in-the-country/326593039

Lots of people who are addicted to prescription pain meds will try or switch to heroin when they can't get their drug of choice. I have a good friend who's son just got out of rehab. She found out when he went in that he'd been shooting heroin but only because he couldn't get the roxicodone that he liked to snort. She had no idea.

I've heard that the heroin epidemic is booming because of the crackdown on prescription meds. Heroin is cheaper and easier to get now than pills apparently.

Yes. They were warned before releasing oxycontin to the public that this would happen.
They pulled back and regulate narcotic prescription very closely now. (TOO MUCH if you ask me)
* my 83 y o MIL broke her hip July 21st, her ortho has referred her to a "pain clinic " refusing to write her a prescription for one pain pill per night.
She is healing slowly, screams with pain through physical therapy - but can't have pain pills after 90 days-
She has addicts to thank for this.

The addict will ALWAYS find a way. People who don't abuse pain meds are suffering.

My guess is that heroin will be the cause of death and Heather was dumped because the people with her didn't want to lose their kids or go to jail.
People who are not using call 911! Parents call 911!
Addicts under the influence wake up to dead friends and it is too late.
MOO

Yes. They were warned before releasing oxycontin to the public that this would happen.
They pulled back and regulate narcotic prescription very closely now. (TOO MUCH if you ask me)
* my 83 y o MIL broke her hip July 21st, her ortho has referred her to a "pain clinic " refusing to write her a prescription for one pain pill per night.
She is healing slowly, screams with pain through physical therapy - but can't have pain pills after 90 days-

The addict will ALWAYS find a way. People who don't abuse pain meds are suffering.

My guess is that heroin will be the cause of death and Heather was dumped because the people with her didn't want to lose their kids or go to jail.
MOO

That breaks my heart for your MIL. She is 83 years old for Pete's sake, she should be kept comfortable- the question of addiction to pain meds is a mute point at that age. IMO

ETA: She definitely should be given pain meds before PT, she will benefit more from the therapy.

MOO

I also want to add that it is cruel and inhumane (for her MD and PT) to allow your MIL to suffer in that manner, please alert her MD and PT to the fact. If they do not hear your concerns then switch MD's, because it is just not acceptable. I am a retired RN with geriatric and hospice specialties and this really gets to me. Sorry to derail the convo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back