Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaelynRae

Reaction score
General thread for new developments in the case, as requested by others. ;)

Thank you for starting this JaelynRae!

I'm sleepy and I couldn't work it out from the article. "Three" includes CDC, right?

Yes, CDC was found first, another on Sunday and the third found today (Monday). Add to that the four Superbike murders, and that brings the death toll to seven. So far.

I'm sleepy and I couldn't work it out from the article. "Three" includes CDC, right?

From all I've read, YES. KB was located alive, CDC located, then TK gave LE the locations of two additional locations when brought back out to the property in his snazzy new prison issue orange coveralls.

Thanks for this! So hard to keep up with everything.

A third body has been found on the Woodruff, South Carolina, property of suspected killer Todd Kohlhepp, where a missing woman was found chained up and locked in a metal container. The first body was found Saturday on Kohlhepp’s property — where missing woman [KB] was found — and was identified as [KB]’s boyfriend Charles Carver, officials said.

The second body, which was found Sunday, and a third body were both removed Monday, Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said at a news conference.

Gender, ages and how long the victims have been deceased have not yet been determined, Clevenger said. The examinations are ongoing.

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2016/11/08/...a-property-of-suspected-kidnapper-and-killer/
BBM. IMO, this quote makes it clearer the progression of what has happened so far as it gets confusing with vague headlines like "another body found".

This article gives a comprehensive timeline of TK's life events and the current investigations: http://www.independentmail.com/stor...-how-anderson-couples-case-unfolded/93302680/

One thing I just noticed from that is that he worked for the graphic designer up until Nov 2003 and Nov 6, 2003 was the Superbike Murders. I wonder if he lost his job just prior to the murders and that had anything to do with it? Has anyone found any connections between the Superbike Shop and Seven Sons?

January 2002: He started working as a graphic designer for Seven Sons & Company in Spartanburg. He worked there until November 2003.

November 6, 2003: Four people were found dead after a shooting at Superbike Motorsports in Spartanburg County, South Carolina. A customer found the bodies of Scott Ponder, Beverly Guy, Brian Lucas and Chris Sherbert.

3rd body found on the property, no details released about either of the other 2 bodies discovered as of now.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...s-look-third-body-kohlhepp-property/93415002/

"After a third body was unearthed at a property near Woodruff where a kidnapped woman was rescued last week, investigators believe they have found all the bodies buried on the 95-acre property."

95 acre's is pretty substantial... I know that article says they've covered much of the property but on that expanse of land how can they really be sure they have found all the bodies buried there? I'm just catching up on all this craziness, freaking sick...

"After a third body was unearthed at a property near Woodruff where a kidnapped woman was rescued last week, investigators believe they have found all the bodies buried on the 95-acre property."

95 acre's is pretty substantial... I know that article says they've covered much of the property but on that expanse of land how can they really be sure they have found all the bodies buried there? I'm just catching up on all this craziness, freaking sick...

From what I've seen, a lot of the land is covered in trees. He's only been there a couple of years so I guess you can eliminate any areas where the trees are well established, and focus on the areas he's been clearing since he took it on? But mainly, we don't don't know exactly what LE have been doing, or what they know at this point.

From what I've seen, a lot of the land is covered in trees. He's only been there a couple of years so I guess you can eliminate any areas where the trees are well established, and focus on the areas he's been clearing since he took it on? But mainly, we don't don't know exactly what LE have been doing, or what they know at this point.

Yes, I imagine they have also brought several cadaver dogs in to assist with their search as well. Just 90+ acres strikes me as such a huge area of land, if there are many wooded areas this could possibly make it easier for him to conceal other bodies within those areas? But I am sure LE has exhausted many resources in scouring every bit of the land to ensure they don't miss anything, and you bet there is a lot they aren't telling us yet that will be uncovered at trial time. To me the fact that they found extra bodies there that weren't related to the initial search or the bike shop killings made my hinky meter go off, but I've also read that he's only owned/been on the property for two years also, so not sure how much he would have been able to get away with in that time.

Anyone think they know whose other bodies were found? Anyone hear any rumors?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I wonder if these two bodies are related to each other in some way. Then I think his MO would really start to come in to focus.

I'm kind of stunned! I didn't know he had confessed to the superbike murders! I hope this is some comfort to the families.

Yesterday I saw a tweet about 4 officers going into his TK home. Was there ever an update on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this thread, I tend to get left behind when it goes into the sub forum format, so this will at least help me keep up with the general news! I hadn't heard they found another body yesterday...smh...how awful. I do wonder about KB saying four people buried there...I feel like there is another!!

I was thinking about this last night and also other properties where he may have put bodies (if indeed, there are others, and I believe there are). Right now there is enough information to classify him as a serial killer, which, along with his confession and KB's testimony should ensure that he will, at he very least, be behind bars for the rest of his life; therefore, no longer a danger to the public. It saddens me to think that because of this, any related investigation may be scaled back. The police have other duties, and can't realistically focus too much time on cold cases.

I am not a seasoned sleuther as many of you are, but I deeply respect that this group will keep digging on behalf of the missing, the deceased, and their families.

Sheriff Chuck Wright declined to say where investigators were looking. He said the investigation is widespread and no longer limited to South Carolina, he said.

Just how far and for how long the search will continue is unclear, but with a private pilot’s license since 2006 and as a real estate broker in Greenville and Spartanburg who owned his own property management business, the search may prove vast.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...s-look-third-body-kohlhepp-property/93415002/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail