Martha: You're Fired!

Dark Knight

Reaction score
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]NBC Axes The Apprentice: Martha Stewart:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As expected, NBC has canceled low-rated The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, which failed to generate any steam at both Wednesday 8 p.m. and Wednesday 9 p.m. this season. To-date, The Apprentice spin-off ranks No. 76 out of 136 shows in total viewers (6.78 million), and tied for No. 64 among adults 18-49 (2.6/ 6). No word on what will replace The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, which concludes in December.[/font]

www.mediaweek.com

[/font]

That surprises me, I thought it was doing better. A lot of people who I know liked it, too.

Dark Knight said:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]NBC Axes The Apprentice: Martha Stewart:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As expected, NBC has canceled low-rated The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, which failed to generate any steam at both Wednesday 8 p.m. and Wednesday 9 p.m. this season. To-date, The Apprentice spin-off ranks No. 76 out of 136 shows in total viewers (6.78 million), and tied for No. 64 among adults 18-49 (2.6/ 6). No word on what will replace The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, which concludes in December.[/font]

www.mediaweek.com

[/font]
Thanks for posting this by the way. I get that magazine at work and I've been too swamped during the day to read it the past few weeks. I wonder if that was the issue I received last week or if it's the one I'll get tomorrow? :waitasec:
This is about as much reading as I do anymore...
you guys get me all my relevant news :)

concernedperson said:
Actually, I am glad it is gone. Control freaks are not my favs ever.
I think it means there won't be a new season... but I don't think it is gone yet. At least I hope not! kind of leaves us viewers hanging.

Casshew said:
I think it means there won't be a new season... but I don't think it is gone yet. At least I hope not! kind of leaves us viewers hanging.
Have you heard anything about West Wing?
I need to check that magazine at work this week ...
I'm starting to get into that show.
My boyfriend's mom is thinking this is the last year?
I hope not.

Casshew said:
Correct, it finishes up next month. Other shows have been cancelled this week, including one of my faves, Arrested Development, but they will finish out their year, just with fewer episodes and they won't air during sweeps. But Martha sounds like it will finish as scheduled next month, unless they also remove it from sweeps month (this month.)

PrayersForMaura said:
Thanks for posting this by the way. I get that magazine at work and I've been too swamped during the day to read it the past few weeks. I wonder if that was the issue I received last week or if it's the one I'll get tomorrow? :waitasec:
This is about as much reading as I do anymore...
you guys get me all my relevant news :)
I received it in their daily e-mail today that I signed up for, so not sure what issue it would have been in, if any, yet. It may have been JUST announced.

Dark Knight said:
I received it in their daily e-mail that I signed up for, so not sure what issue it would have been in, if any, yet. It have been JUST announced.
Cool, means it is probably in an upcoming edition.
Thanks!

:D

I liked this show, as well, but I'm not surprised it got canned. I didn't like that it ran concurrently with Donald's (his on Thursdays, hers on Wednesdays) ... It got too confusing, and too overwhelming. I think it would've done better if they staggered the seasons a bit. But, oh well ... She'll survive, as always! :)

I really thought Martha the Apprentice was going to be more creative than it is. The show is so much like the other Apprentice.

Jeana (DP) said:
Good. I don't see why felons should be rewarded with their own television show.
Yeah, like Larry King :razz:

can't stand that guy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth