UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Find Corrie Facebook Page

Thread #1

Thread #2

We have several new members who have recently joined to discuss Corrie's disappearance.

First, welcome to Websleuths! We are so glad you're here. We look forward to your input and contributions.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with The Rules. Posts that are not in accordance of the rules are either removed or edited. Members who continue to post with a disregard for the rules may have their posting privileges suspended. Please do not let that happen to you. Your input here is important.

A few important reminders:

Comments posted on social media by the general public are considered rumor and are not to be mentioned or discussed. Websleuths does not permit discussion of rumors or gossip.

Speculation is fine as long as it is based on known facts. If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM, admin/family of the Find Corrie Facebook page) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

When posting images, please be sure to include a link to the source.

Post respectfully to one another. If you disagree with a post, do so in a mature and civil manner. Do not attack the poster, or post rude/snarky comments.

If you have a concern about a post, hit the alert button and let a moderator handle it. Do not quote or reply to the post. If a moderator removes the post, replies are subject to removal as well.

Please use the "reply with quote" feature when commenting on or replying to a specific post. This minimizes confusion, particularly when the thread is moving fast.

And lastly, the moderators are here to help. If you have a question or concern, please feel free to contact any one of us. A list of the each forum's moderators can be found at the bottom of the forum (i.e. "Missing Persons Discussion").

@ The Truth ....

Quote...

"'m really not sure this is correct, James. The cameras are what are known as 'PTZ' cameras (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) and I doubt the highly zoomed in shots of the second CCTV footage is typical of its view. I'm not even sure how the zooming and tilting would work if they are (or can be!) placed on a "auto" sweep but would think it would be set to show as much as possible? Also the Police could have had the footage "zoomed in" after the fact so as only to show Corrie?"

...unquote.

My only answer is.... the family needed help in identifying the Silver car AND THAT REMAINS unseen !

How easy would that be, if Camera 09 could see it ?

Okay....
...Camera 09 could not see the Silver car even with "PTZ".

So what could Camera 09 see ?
Well it saw Corrie enter Shot Brackland. Only his head at first.....

So measure "the camera position" to "Corrie's head".

But with PTZ the camera changes angle (which is not modelled by Suffolk Police). So now what does it see ?

It still can not see the silver cars registration plate !

do we know which street the car went down the wrong way ?

do we know which street the car went down the wrong way ?

No idea. I assume Cannon Street. But the silver car could have driven "up" Brentgrovel.

Like much of his case, we are not given "total facts". And I think it is "sad" that we have to prove them ourselves.

@ The Truth ....

My only answer is.... the family needed help in identifying the Silver car.

How easy would that be, if Camera 09 could see it ?

The thing is the Silver car was on Brentgovel Street 2 hours earlier right outside Hughes and not near the bins on Short Brackland. There would be multiple opportunities for cameras to not only see the car coming in and parking up and leaving
but also person(s) getting out/in at some point. This Silver car (it is the one from the first CCTV you mean, right?) had to have come to park where we see it by coming in via St Andrews St North or Risbygate St both of which have CCTV cameras (at least four).

It also has to be remembered that Nicola has pointed out that every move Corrie made that night from arriving in BSE is on CCTV. This tells me the cameras are strategically placed such that 'dead zones' are very few.

The thing is the Silver car was on Brentgovel Street 2 hours earlier right outside Hughes and not near the bins on Short Brackland. There would be multiple opportunities for cameras to not only see the car coming in and parking up and leaving
but also person(s) getting out/in at some point. This Silver car (it is the one from the first CCTV you mean, right?) had to have come to park where we see it by coming in via St Andrews St North or Risbygate St both of which have CCTV cameras (at least four).

It also has to be remembered that Nicola has pointed out that every move Corrie made that night from arriving in BSE is on CCTV. This tells me the cameras are strategically placed such that 'dead zones' are very few.

I don't mean to be personal, but you are falling for the "old trap" of assumption.

How do you or I know that Corrie "vanished" from Short Brackland ?

The other point is.....
Why can't Camera 09 see the silver car ?

Because it can't see it.

Based on fact.... where can you say that Corrie vanished from ?

I don't mean to be personal, but you are falling for the "old trap" of assumption.

How do you or I know that Corrie "vanished" from Short Brackland ?

I'm trying to believe what the family have been telling us and that is that Corrie went to the bins on Short Brackland and vanished/not seen coming back out. Granted, I myself have questioned some of the confusing descriptions.

The other point is.....
Why can't Camera 09 see the silver car ?
Because it can't see it.

Well that isn't fact either! Besides, the word from family is that Corrie is seen sleeping in the Hughes doorway so that implies camera 09 can see not only him but the car that is feet away from him?

Based on fact.... where can you say that Corrie vanished from ?

I can't. The family do seem to be saying he got into a vehicle on Short Brackland, though. They have a lot more info than us though clearly not all.

I'm trying to believe what the family have been telling us and that is that Corrie went to the bins on Short Brackland and vanished/not seen coming back out. Granted, I myself have questioned some of the confusing descriptions.

Well that isn't fact either! Besides, the word from family is that Corrie is seen sleeping in the Hughes doorway so that implies camera 09 can see not only him but the car that is feet away from him?

I can't. The family do seem to be saying he got into a vehicle on Short Brackland, though. They have a lot more info than us though clearly not all.

But... does not Camera 36 not see Corrie sleeping in the doorway ?
And we are told, that camera is too far away from the car, to see the reg number ?

Going back to a question you posed earlier....about the Cornhill camera.....

....I am seriously questioning the (motives ?) presentation of the facts we have.

So are we speculating that Corrie's mother and the police have CCTV footage that clearly shows him getting into a car - but for some reason they have only referenced the "possibility" of such an act rather obliquely?

If so, why? Does this point to not wanting to spook a potential terrorist - or more along the lines of thinking it's an unlicensed taxi they want to come forward (who may or may not be innocent of something)?

Originally Posted by hermes&&
So there were two sober drivers and space in both cars for corrie if he needed to get back with them?

ANSWERED BY MidsummersDay
Corrie's work colleagues take two cars into BSE.
With two full cars the occupants of each automatically think that the other car was taking Corrie. See the confusion? Hence the reason why Corrie took his own car into BSE!

SPECULATIVE EVENTS OF THE NIGHT:
Late evening
He's on base waiting for a lift and his mates (inadvertently) have left without him! Reluctantly he takes his nice shiny BMW Z4 into BSE and parks it as close to the nightclub bar areas as he can where the lads are already well advanced in the drinking games. Corrie is now playing catch up as he's two pints behind.

After several rounds, the alcohol is starting to kick in and Corrie is trying to prove himself. The banter is flying about who thought who was taxiing Corrie into town. Corrie is throwing the slagging back at the gang. The air is heated but jovial. Remember he's a 'one man army'. He's boisterous and the gang don't like it. The banter turns to mild aggression. It's noisy and the group are separated inside the loud nightclub. Corrie is asked to leave the club and is EJECTED.
He desperately tries to make contact whilst being asked to leave. He knows that it's either a single and costly taxi home or a desperate attempt to make contact with his mates and secure a joint taxi back. The alternative is to walk the 12 miles home.

Corrie is now frustrated at being ejected from his mates and the nightclub and walks to the Mama Mia kebab shop to cool off. He's annoyed at the nights proceedings. He meets an USAF airman in a BLACK TSHIRT and shares a slice of pizza. He makes mild conversation whilst waiting for his kebab, chips and burger. The collection time for food is around 20 minutes.

He bids the proprietor goodnight and leaves the kebab shop in the direction of The Grapes pub, bumping into a vagrant along the way. He mentions in a glancing conversation that he's 'walking home'. He's still annoyed.

Corrie is seen to be 'walking with purpose' past The Grapes pub and is caught on CCTV doing so. He's heading towards Hughes shop doorway where he sits in a semi recumbent position and finishes off the remains of his meal. His belly is now full after eating a kebab, two burgers and chips. The cool night air inebriates him further. His annoyance gives way to desperation as he notices the time. It's probably gone 0130 and his text messages and drunken, garbled voice mails have received no response for a lift back to base. He edging his bets that at least one of his pals has read and heard his messages in the noisy club. He sets an alarm on his watch/phone for 0250 hoping that he doesn't miss his 0300 lift and dozes for awhile. He's done this before and isn't anything unusual.

There's no sign of his 0300 lift and Corrie wonders if he has the time wrong? Shortly after, Corrie sends a picture text to his brother and staggers towards the bin area searching for somewhere to relieve himself of the several pints of alcohol. He's now dishevelled, full belly and alone.

Corrie is seen jogging towards the bin area as if hurriedly to meet someone. He appears to be late for an appointment, a meeting, a collection by his friends. He bumps into an object on the left of shot near the Nailbar and staggers to a leisurely slow walk, then wanders into the middle of the pedestrianised area near to some commercial rubbish bins. He looks cautiously over his shoulder at the Nailbar area. Maybe he begins to realise that he’s missed his last chance for a lift home. His last events are caught on CCTV.

PART TWO (to be read in conjunction with Part One).

0330- 0420
1. Decided to walk home via Shortbrackland?
2. Decided to walk home and thumbed a lift via Shortbrackland?
3. Decided to walk home and was offered a lift?
4. His phone messages were finally read and his work colleagues picked him up and took him towards the BM mast area?
5. Organised abduction?
6. Organised collection by someone he met that evening?
7. Kebab shop USAF Airman collection by vehicle?
8. Tinder type app and collection by vehicle?
9. Mugging by car enroute home?
10. RTA enroute home, body in a ditch?
11. RTA enroute home, body removed from scene?
12. Pedestrian accident, body submerged?
13. Pedestrian accident. Succumbed to injuries?
14. Further suggestions…

Additional information
• A car is seen driving down a one way street the wrong way in BSE.
• Three teenagers are heard arguing by a resident in Shortbrackland.
• Corrie's phone continues to upload app data whilst travelling towards the Barton Mills mast area. A time/speed/distance equation matches the speed of a bin lorry.
• The masts at Barton Mills and Bury St Edmunds (BM & BSE) is a straight line distance of approximately 11 miles. A single mast is located roughly equidistant between the two at 5 miles from BSE and 4 miles from BM. 3G strength coverage is focused mainly nearer the two end masts and is weaker and patcher at the midway point (in some places non existent along the A1101).

A bin lorry driver reports a sighting of three teenagers in Shortbrackland whilst on route to where Corrie was last seen.
Corrie's phone makes contact with Barton Mills area mast.

0800 (approx)
Corrie's phone signal stops transmitting in the Barton Mills mast area.
More work is needed on the transmission/receiver information of BM mast to identify possible locations of the phone.

Well Nicola spoke at the local college, as well as on the Mildenhall radio, I believe - so she must have a reason for doing so. It could be just another avenue of spreading the word.

Or maybe she suspects another soldier's involvement and thinks a girlfriend or hookup at the college might come forward. I don't know, just speculating.

The family do seem to be saying he got into a vehicle on Short Brackland,

" The family do seem to be saying he got into a vehicle on Short Brackland, though. They have a lot more info than us though clearly not all."

How do hey "know" that ?
It is clearly demonstrated that there are (is) a viable alternative.

We are being led up the "garden path" with this one I feel.

My speculation (for what it is worth)

Corrie waits in Bury. (A known and normal wait)
Pre planned meeting
Taken to Barton area
Kidnapped, killed or whatever

Motive and reason unknown. And not willing to guess.

I have worked in two (countries) "armed forces" in my time. And the "honey trap" was a well known ruse.
(Ex hubbyy, current hubby, drugs, sex, terrorism ...it's anyone's guess).

A known pattern.
A known movement.

You are taught "two" things, Never the same moment. Never the same pattern.

Well Nicola spoke at the local college, as well as on the Mildenhall radio, I believe - so she must have a reason for doing so. It could be just another avenue of spreading the word.

Or maybe she suspects another soldier's involvement and thinks a girlfriend or hookup at the college might come forward. I don't know, just speculating.

And good on her. I think this is a terrible time.

Yet the term "missing" or "vanished" plays to the public mind

Did they trade him on ? I ask.
Because, whoever he met...was involved with his killing. Find his reason for "waiting" and you're there.

JamesKing said:
" The family do seem to be saying he got into a vehicle on Short Brackland, though. They have a lot more info than us though clearly not all."

How do hey "know" that ?
It is clearly demonstrated that there are (is) a viable alternative.

We are being led up the "garden path" with this one I feel.

My speculation (for what it is worth)

Corrie waits in Bury. (A known and normal wait)
Pre planned meeting
Taken to Barton area
Kidnapped, killed or whatever

Motive and reason unknown. And not willing to guess.

Well ultimately they won't "know" until Corrie is found (at least) but Nicola is a Police officer and been at the location(s) and seen all the CCTV so think she knows a lot more than us to be honest.

It may well turn out to be the case we, and possibly the family, have been led down the garden path but your speculation here has nothing of substance to back it up at all.

The basic facts we have been told are simple:

He sleeps in a doorway for two hours after drinking and eating quite a lot
He sends a picture to his brother
He is seen walking to the bins
His phone (not necessarily Corrie too) is tracked to the general Barton Mills area

Until Suffolk Police decide to issue a new statement on their progress or new details I'm not sure it worth going over things anymore at this point. Looking at the Find Corrie page today and it all seems to have gone down to a crawl with no updates for a few days.

Find his reason for "waiting" and you're there.

This is the main reason why I put together a speculative itinerary. To try to get into his mind, his feeling and possible intentions. I'm clear in my mind that he missed the boat with a lift home from the bin area from his work mates through a breakdown in communication that started earlier in the evening back at base.

I feel he walked up Shortbrackland a short distance and....well, the rest I'm working on now. I feel certain though that his mates didn't pick him up along the way.

A couple of weeks ago it was suggested on FB that it might be worthwhile to quiz boy racers who are apparently on the roads around town into the early morning hours.

Nicola responded to this idea to address college/school kids and appeal to these teens who were out hooning around and could possibly have seen something useful.

Brief update from the family on the FB group. Mostly just to address the change of group name (to 'Find Corrie' to match website and social media hashtag).

Statement of note: "Please don't take lack of news as lack of action. It's quite the opposite. There will be another update before Saturday."

Edit: Link to update.

And good on her. I think this is a terrible time.

Yet the term "missing" or "vanished" plays to the public mind

Did they trade him on ? I ask.
Because, whoever he met...was involved with his killing. Find his reason for "waiting" and you're there.

I disagree. You seem obsessed with the reason why he was waiting, I don't understand how you know with conviction he was. To me he just nodded off, access of alcohol & food = snooze.
I haven't read the threads in a couple of days but I think offcams razor is being ignored, and it's going a little Hollywood in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine