CA CA - Jannet Hair, 21, Lake Los Angeles, 30 Nov 2003

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
No leads in woman's death in 2003
Family mourns woman run down

LITTLEROCK - Two years after Jannet Lynn Hair was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver while stopping to aid a stray cat on a Lake Los Angeles street, authorities are still seeking her killer.

California Highway Patrol investigators have inspected nearly 2,000 pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles like the one that left behind broken parts after the deadly collision but did not find the one that hit the 21-year-old Antelope Valley College student.

Meanwhile, her room at her parents' house remains largely unchanged from the time when her mother last heard from her when she telephoned to say she was on her way home from studying for finals with a friend.

"I just don't know how this person can go on every day, knowing what they did. It's, I don't know, it's just very hard," said Hair's mother, Carol, 55.

Hair was run down about 9 p.m. on Nov. 30, 2003, after stopping her SUV on Avenue O near 155th Street East to rescue a stray cat from the middle of the road. A vehicle coming the other way struck her - and the cat - and kept going.

There were no witnesses to the collision because of the time of night and the dark, remote location: a two-lane road at the edge of Lake Los Angeles.

CHP officers said they received several 911 calls minutes later reporting a pedestrian having been hit and killed. Hair was dead when rescue crews arrived.

Pieces of the vehicle that struck Hair were left behind, leading investigators to believe she was run down by a 1994 to 1997 GMC or Chevrolet full-size pickup truck or SUV. The vehicle would have sustained minor to moderate damage to the front left side and may be missing its left side lower marker lens and parking light ring.

more: http://www.dailynews.com/antelopevalley/ci_3212176

What a sweet girl to rescue a stray cat. The driver that hit her was a heartless person to do something so horrible. I feel if LE reopened the case and looked in their books for a known person who owned and or destroyed a car that matches the bits found as with technology these days and searching through records who knows what LE might find. I feel for the family of JH, losing her like that. I hope for justice for JH <3

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back