IN IN - Tippecanoe Co., WhtFem UP9981, 18-40, bone and teeth under concrete slab, Sep'86

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 9981

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9981

Unidentified White Female

Found September 17, 1986 in
Tippecanoe County, IN
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1981 to 1981

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-40
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: 118 estimate
Hair Color:
Red/Auburn

Eye Color: Grey

Scars and marks:
Skin graft on left leg
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
No clothing found with body

Jewerly:
nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals:
Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
Bone and teeth recovered under concrete slab in 1986.

Exclusions for this female UID?

Do we have exclusions? She had a graft on a leg, so any burn victims or addicts?

.. and grey eyes, when no head was recovered? I could understand wisps of hair found, but much of the info in this NamUs is contrary and quite confusing (☉_☉)

off the wall here, but a contact lens case with gray lenses???

I get plenty of exercise jumping to conclusions, ya'know.

Skin graft on leg - motorcycle exhaust burn?
It would need to be a pretty serious burn, not sure if exhaust pipes would do it. Only if she was immunocompromised pr very unhealthy.

There are various types of grafts and techniques, I wonder which it was. That could really pinpoint the area of the country and even world she came from.

off the wall here, but a contact lens case with gray lenses???

I get plenty of exercise jumping to conclusions, ya'know.
Could be, but strange if this is not mentioned in NamUs, but then again it's NamUs.. But why would they have grey lenses, though? Wouldn't that kinda indicate that they had another eye colour -to have coloured lenses, I mean? But of course, if they only wore the coloured lenses, people would only recognise them with grey eyes, not their natural colour.

It would need to be a pretty serious burn, not sure if exhaust pipes would do it. Only if she was immunocompromised pr very unhealthy.

There are various types of grafts and techniques, I wonder which it was. That could really pinpoint the area of the country and even world she came from.

The remains are "partial skeletal" -- what kind of graft was this?

A bone graft?

Right up there in Weirdness as gray eyes while the head is missing imho.

Yes, one can end up with 3rd degree burns from a motorcycle -- especially if there is an accident. We have motorcycles, and safety training encourages you to push away from it if at all possible in a wreck. You could be laying with the hot muffler on your leg for a loooong time otherwise, and the gas tanks can explode or catch on fire; if you & motorcycle are both sliding, it's heavier & could crush you against a traffic barrier, building, another vehicle. Push away & slide on your jacket's armor.

jmho ymmv lrr

What is the gray eyes? Is that a contact found? Could it be a cloudy contact from being exposed to the elements for years?

The remains are "partial skeletal" -- what kind of graft was this?

A bone graft?

Right up there in Weirdness as gray eyes while the head is missing imho.

Yes, one can end up with 3rd degree burns from a motorcycle -- especially if there is an accident. We have motorcycles, and safety training encourages you to push away from it if at all possible in a wreck. You could be laying with the hot muffler on your leg for a loooong time otherwise, and the gas tanks can explode or catch on fire; if you & motorcycle are both sliding, it's heavier & could crush you against a traffic barrier, building, another vehicle. Push away & slide on your jacket's armor.

jmho ymmv lrr

BBM. The UID had a skin graft on the left leg. Heavily "worked skin", (think leather) such as graft sites, can decompose at a different rate than normal skin or skin with recent trauma (decomposes faster). Partial Skeletal, means there was some tissue found as well.

I apologize if my post lead to misunderstanding. I ride a motorcycle and work in a Level 1 trauma hospital. Yes, you can get a 3rd degree burn on a leg for a bike. Agree. It would be in a fairly specific anatomical locations usually. Since there is no specification as to the location or other obvious traumatic injuries one would see with that type of crash, I was keeping options open since the graft was on the left and most motorcycle exhausts are on the right.

The gray eyes is a fluke. Either a contact lens nearby that was cloudy and weathered, or some one keyed grey into a box that wouldn't let them progress with submission unless some data was entered.

Distinctive Physical Features​

Item
Description
Scar/mark
Skin graft on left leg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics