GUILTY AK - David Grunwald, 16, found deceased, Anchorage, 13 Nov 2016 *arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing teen’s truck found abandoned and burned, mother says
15068895_10211332504812553_2190034736944069792_o.jpg

A 16-year-old boy went missing late Sunday evening, and his mother and friends have turned to Facebook for help locating him.

In a phone interview Monday night, Edie Grunwald said the last time she spoke to her son, David, was around 7 p.m. Sunday. He called to ask permission to stay out a little later than usual so he could drop his girlfriend off at home in the Smith Road area in Palmer. She said they agreed he would be home by 9:20 p.m. He was driving a Ford Bronco truck.
http://www.ktva.com/missing-teens-truck-found-abandoned-burned-mother-says-331/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

its approx 10 minutes from his girlfriends house to where his car was found - do we know where he lived? was it on that route or was this way off course for him?

This is my first post on WebSleuths so please forgive me for any newbie mistakes that I made and I appreciate any feedback that one can give me to streamline my posts. Thank you!

We know he lived off of Gershmel Loop in Palmer, AK and his girlfriend's father's house is located off of Smith Road in Palmer, AK. His truck was found on a trail in Wasilla, AK. When looking at the map, his girlfriend's house is 20 minutes E of Grunwald home yet his truck was found approximately 20 minutes due W of the boy's home. It looks like one would almost drive by his home to get to where his truck was found. I attached a link to the map for review. Also, according to the article I read, David Grunwald had stated to his mother that he was going to stop by a friend's house on the way home (unsure of where the friend resides), however the friend said he never showed up. I am unsure if the cop's have corroborated this friend's statement or not. The father of the girlfriend stated that all he seen was headlights in his driveway between 6:30 and 7pm when David dropped off his daughter. He stated that everything seemed fine with the daughter. All we do know is that sometime between when he dropped her off at home and 12:30pm the following the day when his truck was found, something went terribly wrong for this kid.

Map Link
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Smi...e0b46c7b2c!2m2!1d-149.305313!2d61.5608238!3e0

Article Link
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/201...r-her-teenage-son-who-never-came-home-sunday/

This is my first post on WebSleuths so please forgive me for any newbie mistakes that I made and I appreciate any feedback that one can give me to streamline my posts. Thank you!

We know he lived off of Gershmel Loop in Palmer, AK and his girlfriend's father's house is located off of Smith Road in Palmer, AK. His truck was found on a trail in Wasilla, AK. When looking at the map, his girlfriend's house is 20 minutes E of Grunwald home yet his truck was found approximately 20 minutes due W of the boy's home. It looks like one would almost drive by his home to get to where his truck was found. I attached a link to the map for review. Also, according to the article I read, David Grunwald had stated to his mother that he was going to stop by a friend's house on the way home (unsure of where the friend resides), however the friend said he never showed up. I am unsure if the cop's have corroborated this friend's statement or not. The father of the girlfriend stated that all he seen was headlights in his driveway between 6:30 and 7pm when David dropped off his daughter. He stated that everything seemed fine with the daughter. All we do know is that sometime between when he dropped her off at home and 12:30pm the following the day when his truck was found, something went terribly wrong for this kid.

Map Link
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Smi...e0b46c7b2c!2m2!1d-149.305313!2d61.5608238!3e0

Article Link
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/201...r-her-teenage-son-who-never-came-home-sunday/
Great first post! Welcome to websleuths!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just heard about this one. Holding out hope but the way they found his car is very concerning [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marking my spot.

Wonder if there are any clues on the fb or other social media of the friend he was supposed to see that night ?
Someone knows something; imo.

Just looked at his Facebook...just a kid, my heart aches for his parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhh no. The circumstances here just don't sound good. I hope they are taking a good hard look at the friend.

This statement needs clarifying:
Troopers were able to ping his phone Monday morning off a cell tower along the Palmer-Wasilla Highway, near Arabian Lane, Grunwald said. Troopers and David’s family members searched a three-mile area near where the phone pinged, but Grunwald said they didn’t find anything.

Is it that they were able to actively ping the phone and trace it to that tower, or were they looking at logs of the last ping. What time was this ping, other than sometimes before 12:30 when the call about the truck came in? The reason I am curious is if the phone actively pinged off that tower, it is in that area and they need to look again with cadaver dogs and a metal detector, and then I am curious of whether the friend lives within that radius and who else lives within a triangle created by any other cell phone data they can get for the time of his call to when the car was found.
Is there an ex boyfriend or competitor in the picture that would want to hurt David for revenge?
Was the car found in an obvious place or a secluded turn off or something? That might indicate if it was a spontaneous car fire and David became disoriented after escaping into the dark, or if it was torched to conceal evidence. If he set out on foot, they need to determine how far he could have walked within an hour or so. Part of this feels like Collin Gillis and part of it feels like Jessica Runions. I hope he turns up and has just been worried about making his parents mad about the truck.

This is heartbreaking. I hope they find him soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back