Customers Fill Up On 22-Cent-Per Gallon Gas

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Why can't this happen to me? :banghead:

At first, the attendant at a Muncie gas station couldn't figure out why people were buying only $3 or $4 worth of gas Sunday.

Then he realized that the pumps had been set to sell premium gas for 22 cents a gallon -- about $2 less than the typical price.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5321508/detail.html?rss=chi&psp=news

mysteriew said:
Why can't this happen to me? :banghead:

At first, the attendant at a Muncie gas station couldn't figure out why people were buying only $3 or $4 worth of gas Sunday.

Then he realized that the pumps had been set to sell premium gas for 22 cents a gallon -- about $2 less than the typical price.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5321508/detail.html?rss=chi&psp=news

Good Lord! That won't even cover the amount of federal taxes tacked onto each gallon!

LOL, they sold it that way for 6 hrs. Evidently the customers were all smart enough not to say anything! Someone is going to be in trooouuuble!

I probably would be the one that says to the gas station person: Hey, buddy are you having some sort of promo or sale on gas because it is only 22 cents a gallon.

Of couse this would wise him up...........but I just could not knowingly take advantage of people when they make a mistake, especially when it was so unintentional

But if someone who had not paid for their gas is behind me, I guess I better get out of there pretty fast..........

and we're all thrilled here because we found a station at 2.09 - which is lower the the standard 2.15 around here.

:D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I filled my tank at lunch time...gasoline wars along the Interstate has our gasoline down to $1.99 today. :dance:

Lili said:
:D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I filled my tank at lunch time...gasoline wars along the Interstate has our gasoline down to $1.99 today. :dance:

Wow!!! that's great for you! The lowest I saw in my area today was $2.26

Jeana (DP) said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: I would have to go back and pay the difference. I can't do that.
Lol-we have standards of "dishonesty" in out house. If we go somewhere and benefit from something that is going to hurt the employee we say something. Case in point-I cashed a check at the bank a couple weeks and they gave me back an extra hundred dollars. I sure didn't want the teller coming up $100 short so I returned it.

But then the other day I was at the grocery store and they had candy on sale with a coupon for up to three bags. The coupon should have rung up about 10 cents off the $1.88 bag of candy-instead it rang off $3.10 for every bag. Since it wasn't the cashier's error and couldn't get her in trouble I didn't say a word and ended up paying $2.10 for 3 bags of candy,3 two liters of pop, and some chicken.

Becca

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88