972 users online (120 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast
    I read through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a consistent confusion about Ross Harris's motives. Many people seem to think he was wanting to divorce his wife and didn't want to pay child support.

The "man child" demeanor of RH strikes me as very similar to men I've seen over the years who don't want to be married, but want to stay with their wives for economic reasons. I was married to someone like this and even though we knew it wasn't going to work out he refused to move out and separate and since I had 3 kids I couldn't really do it myself.

It was very confusing to live with him because it was obvious he did care about me and love me, but he didn't want to be married and put zero effort into Marriage. When I finally was able to get him to leave he bounced back and was able to create a successful life for himself. But he wasted the best years of my life for two reasons:

He was afraid to leave because he didn't want to look like a failure in the marriage.

He was cheap and didn't want to spend his own money.

I think this is RH's personality. I think he didn't want to be a father in the real sense of the word and if CH was out of the picture he'd have LH to lean on for paying half the bills and he'd still be able to have his affairs on the side. In fact the death of his son would make him a huge victim and be a giant excuse for any mistakes thereafter.

He just expected people to feel sorry for him and believe him because he'd been interacting with teens for so long he felt like a master manipulator not realizing that police officers aren't gullible teenaged girls. You can see when he was trying to impress the cops with his "PO" insider knowledge, this is something a teenager might be impressed with but an adult would see as really weird.

I think he was sick of the work that comes along with being a father and realized that he was stuck financially for the next 18 years so this was his easy out.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

There are a few intentional car deaths happening this past week... glad we have this precedent

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any updates on how JRH is doing behind bars? I haven't seen anything, but if he is in PC, there is probably nothing to report.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Any updates on how JRH is doing behind bars? I haven't seen anything, but if he is in PC, there is probably nothing to report.
    I haven't heard, but I'll find his address and you can write him and let us know his reply! Lol!!!

Thanks to funds raised via Facebook, there is finally a grave marker for Cooper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaisyK; 08-03-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Cooper's 5th birthday was yesterday.

Happy Birthday Cooper!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyK View Post
    Thanks to funds raised via Facebook, there is finally a grave marker for Cooper.

No words.
    Strangers gave his life meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypants View Post
    No words.
    Strangers gave his life meaning.
    So sad, yet so true. Leanna Harris keeps saying how her goal is to "restore her son's legacy" but all she has done is defend his killer.
    Last edited by DaisyK; 08-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.

This is quite telling. You are loved lil Cooper, too bad it's complete strangers and you are now a sweet Angel in Heaven.

I bet ole ross is having the time of his life, living it up with all his new friends in a skanky, nasty and damp prison in Georgia, where it is hot and humid as hades most of the time.

How is the new air conditioner working out for ya, rossie boy? I bet they are playing Pin The Tail On the Donkey, right about now.

Was it worth it, ross?

Happy Birthday, Cooper.
    Thanks for the reminder, JerseyGirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I read through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a consistent confusion about Ross Harris's motives. Many people seem to think he was wanting to divorce his wife and didn't want to pay child support.

The "man child" demeanor of RH strikes me as very similar to men I've seen over the years who don't want to be married, but want to stay with their wives for economic reasons. I was married to someone like this and even though we knew it wasn't going to work out he refused to move out and separate and since I had 3 kids I couldn't really do it myself.

It was very confusing to live with him because it was obvious he did care about me and love me, but he didn't want to be married and put zero effort into Marriage. When I finally was able to get him to leave he bounced back and was able to create a successful life for himself. But he wasted the best years of my life for two reasons:

He was afraid to leave because he didn't want to look like a failure in the marriage.

He was cheap and didn't want to spend his own money.

I think this is RH's personality. I think he didn't want to be a father in the real sense of the word and if CH was out of the picture he'd have LH to lean on for paying half the bills and he'd still be able to have his affairs on the side. In fact the death of his son would make him a huge victim and be a giant excuse for any mistakes thereafter.

He just expected people to feel sorry for him and believe him because he'd been interacting with teens for so long he felt like a master manipulator not realizing that police officers aren't gullible teenaged girls. You can see when he was trying to impress the cops with his "PO" insider knowledge, this is something a teenager might be impressed with but an adult would see as really weird.

I think he was sick of the work that comes along with being a father and realized that he was stuck financially for the next 18 years so this was his easy out.
    You nailed it, Chewy. From top to bottom and side to side, the game ross harris was playing was only for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Cooper's 5th birthday was yesterday.

Happy Birthday Cooper!
    Happy Birthday in Heaven Cooper!

It is a shame Ross was so self serving that he had to murder his son. Ross makes me ill still!

So sad, yet so true. Leanna Harris keeps saying how her goal is to "restore her son's legacy" but all she has done is defend his killer.
    And ask strangers to pay for a gravestone for Cooper. According to DaisyK's link:

For three years since his death, the young boy's grave was an unmarked plot at the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park Cemewtery in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Various groups on Facebook rallied to raise funds over the past two years so that his grave could be properly marked. Nearly $1,800 in donations were raised. Cooper's mom Leanna selected the marker and had it placed in time for Cooper's birthday.
    My bolding. IMO I don't think for one moment that Leanna wasn't financially able to buy a grave marker for Cooper over a period of three years. Nor do I believe that Cooper's other relatives - grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents, cousins, etc. were so financially strapped that they couldn't contribute even a penny towards the marker.

So, what does it all mean? One possibility that crossed my mind was that Leanna was so angry at the public that she may have felt it was someone else's responsibility to honor her son. Like all those people on sm who dissed her (now ex) husband. Or maybe she was seeking some sort of validation for her sm rants. Who knows?

All I know is that Cooper's grave went unmarked for three long years while Leanna defended the man who put him in that grave. While she was busy calling attention to herself yet again, ranting and railing at the very people she was asking to donate funds for Cooper's marker she managed to get contact lenses, highlight her hair, move to a new city and find a new boyfriend.

I have no sympathy for her. I'm just sorry that she was so blinded by her indignation that couldn't find it in herself to honor her poor little boy.

MOO.

I just watched the Dateline show on this. What shocks me is all the friends and family that still stand by RH, and believe to this day it was just an accident. Did any of his friends or family come out that they believed he was guilty, anyone know?

Ugh I hate seeing his name in my notifications.....hope he rots in jail.

J.M.O.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast