1606 users online (407 members and 1199 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    No, you're not alone. I know of several people who have said the case never would have been pursued to this degree in Berkeley or Seattle. The whole thing reminded me of that old movie "I am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang." I guess the only solace is that it was always going to be a dozen years for the underage sexting, and a lot can happen in that time.
    BBM. Why? The West Coast doesn't advocate child killings. California has the Death Penalty. Without rehashing all the eivdence I'll say to Karen, this was murder made to look like an accident so you don't look any further and he gets all the sympathy.
    Last edited by LinasK; 02-24-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyK View Post
    When she arrived at the daycare she said “Ross must have left him in the car… there’s no other explanation. Ross must have left him in the car.”

In that interrogation room, I found it sickening how her biggest concern was whether Ross was going to leave her now that their son was dead.
    I found it sickening that she asked if he would want to have more kids. Seriously WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyKaren View Post
    OK, I am probably the only one on here that thinks the jury got it wrong. Now hear this: I believe Ross Harris is a low-down, cheating scoundrel, and I don't doubt he deserves to be in jail for other things, like sexting a 15 year old girl for example. But even after watching the Dateline episode, reading everything I could find about the case, seeing what you all have to say on here, and watching the 20/20 show, I still believe that it was a tragic accident. I suppose I will be lambasted from here to eternity by you guys, but I just had to say it. I think you're wrong. And that doesn't mean I don't care about that little boy. But I also don't just jump on bandwagons because of wanting someone to pay, when I think something was truly a horrific accident. I have many theories as to the various points made, but I won't waste time here listing them. You all seem to have made up your minds. What I saw in all of this were disturbing things, all of which point to him being a disgusting man... and I'll even go as far as to say he was probably especially distracted by his online behavior... but even then, it would be negligent homicide, not malice murder. I just don't think it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he did this intentionally. And the fact that his ex-wife still believes after all of it that he did not do it on purpose is really important to me. She did not "defend" him in order to stay with him, folks. She divorced him. She said she never wants to see him again. She says he ruined her life. BUT... she will NOT say that he intentionally murdered their son. Because she knows it is not true. And I may be the only one, but I believe her.
    She divorced him as a legal strategy to make her testimony more powerful.

If you had asked her before this happened if she thought her husband was texting a teenager and sending and receiving nude pics with said teenager, would she have believed it? No, she said so herself.

If you had asked her before this happened if she thought her husband had hired a prostitute, do you think she would have believed it? Again, no.

If you had asked her before this happened if she believed her husband would intentionally kill their child, well...she wouldn't have believed that, either. But it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MilNeumMom View Post
    Yes, this. Couldn't agree more. And I can't recall ever having been in favor of the defense ... And especially not a defendant who has treated his wife so callously so many times.

Pedophile? Check.
    Pervert? Philanderer? Check. Check.
    Negligent? Without a doubt.
    Malice murderer? Maybe. But it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt (imo)

Thank God I never forgot my daughter in her car seat. But understanding the complex daily minutiae of working parents' (& others') lives, I can't say that this could never happen unintentionally.

How long does it take to forget something? Less than a second. Yes, even a child.
    I believe 100% that this *can* happen accidentally. I just don't believe it was accidental in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
    Sure unless you did it on purpose like ross. That's why he was only worried about the cot and metal toilet.....no pleading to die and trade places with his only child.
    He complained about being. too. hot. In the back of the police car. While his dead son lay on the hot pavement, in rigor mortis, with his little legs bent and in the air and his hair ripped out and scratches on his face from clawing at his skin while he slowly baked to death.

I will never be able to get past that. And then the metal toilet and small cot on top of that. And "no malicious intent".

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    He complained about being. too. hot. In the back of the police car. While his dead son lay on the hot pavement, in rigor mortis, with his little legs bent and in the air and his hair ripped out and scratches on his face from clawing at his skin while he slowly baked to death.

I will never be able to get past that. And then the metal toilet and small cot on top of that. And "no malicious intent".
    I did not know that re the police car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe 100% that this *can* happen accidentally. I just don't believe it was accidental in this instance.
    exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I did not know that re the police car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have a link handy, but it is from court testimony. I was astonished.

Her you go: One of many///Hot police car...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2818225

She divorced him as a legal strategy to make her testimony more powerful.

If you had asked her before this happened if she thought her husband was texting a teenager and sending and receiving nude pics with said teenager, would she have believed it? No, she said so herself.

If you had asked her before this happened if she thought her husband had hired a prostitute, do you think she would have believed it? Again, no.

If you had asked her before this happened if she believed her husband would intentionally kill their child, well...she wouldn't have believed that, either. But it happened.
    It's almost like she doesn't believe he intentionally sexted minors and hired prostitutes either. She just makes excuses saying he was “lost” or on a “destructive path”, like it was the devil's fault. It's extremely disturbing to think how she may have rationalized defending him on the murder charge since it wouldn't bring her son back anyway.

In the interrogation room, she was already rationalizing what he had done by comparing what happened to a child drowning in an pool. Her overriding worry then was whether Ross really wanted to stay married and have more kids with her, followed by concern for his job. She had also just sent him emails about a local hot car death and the newly launched “look again” campaign which they would have been actively discussing since it was her biggest fear and all. Is that why she felt the need to tell him over and over again that she knew he didn't? Was it the devil?

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46