Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ross Harris was found guilty on all counts on Monday, November 14, 2016.

Count 1 Malice Murder (Mandatory life sentence) - GUILTY

Count 2 Felony Murder (Mandatory life sentence) - GUILTY

Count 3 Felony Murder (Mandatory life sentence) - GUILTY

Count 4 Cruelty to Children in the First Degree (5-to-20 year sentence) - GUILTY

Count 5 Cruelty to Children in the Second Degree (1-to-10 year sentence) - GUILTY

Count 6 Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony (10 year sentence) - GUILTY

Count 7 Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors (12 month sentence; $5,000 fine) - GUILTY

Count 8 Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors (12 month sentence; $5,000 fine) - GUILTY

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/r...harris-verdict-guilty-on-all-counts/349295692

Sentencing is set for 1:30 pm December 5, 2016 in Cobb County

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/217351519-story

Discuss the trial and the verdict here while we wait for sentencing.

ADMIN NOTE:
Discuss your differing opinions respectfully. Do not personalize.

Thanks for the new thread!

Sorry for any confusion regarding LT's employment that I may have perpetrated in the last thread. I assumed her unemployment was short-lived and ran with that. I think that where we currently stand is that there has been no official word on her employment since August 2014. If that's the case then I don't know enough to even begin to form an opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I just sentenced RH in my own little world. [emoji1013]
I am lenient and give him 122 years and a day. [emoji357]
I hope someone gives him a nice goin.away.to.the.crow.bar.motel.party, with Chick-filet catering. All for you Ross!
Don't worry your self RH, I'm sure they will leave the light on for ya.
Your new uniform will be white with blue trim and one blue stripe on each pant leg. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the new thread!

Sorry for any confusion regarding LT's employment that I may have perpetrated in the last thread. I assumed her unemployment was short-lived and ran with that. I think that where we currently stand is that there has been no official word on her employment since August 2014. If that's the case then I don't know enough to even begin to form an opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

George and CIndy Anthony didnt go back to work but instead filed for disability. how about that, you birth and raise a kid that makes you so crazy you have to file for SS disability lol

I wasn't very active on the Ross forum but I watched it and lurked. I have a question. Why is it two counts of felony murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a parking lot today walking back to my car, I passed a Tucson. I wasn't familiar with this car, so I kinda looked inside. It's a relatively small car, as a lot of you know. I just hadn't seen one. I imagined the body mass of RH and the space he would fill in that car. Looked at the space between the two front seats and where that car seat would have fit. The windows aren't that dark, and I suppose the Harris vehicle had factory tint on the windows - nothing else. I would think the defense would have pointed it out if the windows were darker. It was possible to see something light colored in the back seat.

But as I walked away, I realized I had approached the car from the rear, and I could see into the back seat. He backed into the space that day and only approached the car from the front. I literally felt a little dip in my stomach! He purposefully parked the car in that position. Should anyone have suggested he could have seen Cooper when he approached the car, he had problem-solved that little detail.

This should go on our list of coincidences.

Didn't think I could feel more sorrow for that little boy until this. At least no one was around in the parking lot, as I stood there saying SOB over and over and over.

May RH gather hoards of new friends in the penitentiary.

Funny that you say that. I had never seen one either until today. Someone pulled up to my next door neighbors in a red one and I couldn't help myself...I toured the entire thing and I completely agree with you!!!!!!!!!
Plus, dang, that is a small car. He is a massive chubba bubba...idk how he was even comfortable in there.after seeing that today I knew in my heart everything I surmised was right. There just isn't anyway possible he forgot that baby.

I lost my breath today as I hung my head and came back into my house.

Funny that you say that. I had never seen one either until today. Someone pulled up to my next door neighbors in a red one and I couldn't help myself...I toured the entire thing and I completely agree with you!!!!!!!!!
Plus, dang, that is a small car. He is a massive chubba bubba...idk how he was even comfortable in there.after seeing that today I knew in my heart everything I surmised was right. There just isn't anyway possible he forgot that baby.

I lost my breath today as I hung my head and came back into my house.

IMO when the jury was able to see the car for themselves, they knew it could not have been an accident

IMO when the jury was able to see the car for themselves, they knew it could not have been an accident

Now that I've seen one I absolutely agree. I didn't even need to see the car seat in place. Knowing where it was and this person had the seat back as far they could as well...so I got an idea of it all. You couldn't see that and not know. Explains why jurors were crying when the saw it

Now that I've seen one I absolutely agree. I didn't even need to see the car seat in place. Knowing where it was and this person had the seat back as far they could as well...so I got an idea of it all. You couldn't see that and not know. Explains why jurors were crying when the saw it

Exactly. And he is tall, so his field of vision was pretty good.

But what really stopped me from breathing today was the realization that approaching that car from the front was likely part of the plan.

Breaks our collective hearts!

Exactly. And he is tall, so his field of vision was pretty good.

But what really stopped me from breathing today was the realization that approaching that car from the front was likely part of the plan.

Breaks our collective hearts!

Yes, incredibly sad. I'm glad I can't understand it. I can't imagine having such a black and evil heart.

Absolutely agree. They had seen Ross every day in court, then saw the car and car seat proximity. Literally 3-6 inches from where his shoulders would be.
Not possible for it to be accidental.

True story.
There was a hot car death recently. The baby girl's mother forgot to drop her off at day care that was within sight of her workplace. Horrible accident. A child is dead. The DA must call a GJ. The GJ refused to indict the mother.

The GJ considered:
The mother had recently informed her employer that she would resign her position in September, 2016 in order to stay home with her child, which was about six weeks before her daughter died inside her hot car.

The mother's routine was interrupted and irregular in routine that particular morning.

A friend knows a lady who works with the mother. My friend said her friend is devastated because the vehicle was parked right outside her office window. The lady has blamed herself for not looking, or hearing, or somehow seeing the child locked inside a hot car and continues to carry an albatross of guilt.

So, I ask, how is the mother doing. My friend's reply was that the mother is doing good. She is back at work, and so on. Doesn't it sound as if the devastated person was the mother's coworker?

And another true story is that my sister's baby son died from natural causes. Every. single. day. for months she went to his graveside where she remained until it was time to close the cemetery gates. She knew her Austin was not there and she knew he wasn't at home in his crib either. She could barely walk unassisted for a week and struggled with insomnia and depression for months. Work? There was no way. But she did boomerang. She soon had another son who has probably never wanted anything in his life that he didn't receive!

That's a good point and I think this evidence is what really sealed the deal for the jurors. It's just hard to imagine how he had no memory recollection or could not have seen him during the lunch visit. I know people that know him and their opinion goes along with the defense witnesses that he could not have done this on purpose. It still does match up to the evidence so it was really an up-mountain climb Kilgore.

I heard Kilgore stating he would appeal. JMO but I do not see any way this case is over-turned. I'm not a legal expert by any means so do not really know the process. My whole question about the case remains RH's mental state. It seems based on the defense witnesses and even LTH that if in fact he did do this on purpose he had to have some type of mental or substance problem. I think the prosecution thought they would not have benefited from any drug test or mental evaluation. It's a moot point but I'm still curious what both of those tests would have revealed. Basically what they were saying is his actions pointed to him being a total narcissist. It seems he would have had some prior history of dual personality or drug abuse. Again, all moot points now. I expect he is sentenced to life without parole.

I just can't figure out: HOW IN THE HELL does one forget a child in a car???? ANYONE?
Guilty or not guilty, just HOW do you forget a baby??????? :cry:

I just can't figure out: HOW IN THE HELL does one forget a child in a car???? ANYONE?

Good question. My opinion on this subject is not popular. I don't believe in fbs. Sorry

If you bring a child into this world it's your sole focus. That's it.

As for Leanna and her lack of her employment, I recall her attorney stating back in 2014 that she has been unable to find employment due to her connection to this case. I am pretty sure that means, due to all the heavy backlash in the public--nobody wants to hire her. Can't say I blame them---she, through no fault of her own, would stir up the gossip crowds of workplaces into a complete frenzy.

I've spoken with her on facebook personally and she was stunned that people actually are willing to donate to the Memorial Park on her behalf. In her words "surprised by all that has happened" that anyone would be willing to help. She seems very grateful to those of us who are sparing what money we can to help her memorialize her son the way he deserves to be. I am thankful to her for allowing us to help her, despite how I, myself, have treated her in the public sphere--for which, I have apologized to her personally.

As for Leanna and her lack of her employment, I recall her attorney stating back in 2014 that she has been unable to find employment due to her connection to this case. I am pretty sure that means, due to all the heavy backlash in the public--nobody wants to hire her. Can't say I blame them---she, through no fault of her own, would stir up the gossip crowds of workplaces into a complete frenzy.

I've spoken with her on facebook personally and she was stunned that people actually are willing to donate to the Memorial Park on her behalf. In her words "surprised by all that has happened" that anyone would be willing to help. She seems very grateful to those of us who are sparing what money we can to help her memorialize her son the way he deserves to be. I am thankful to her for allowing us to help her, despite how I, myself, have treated her in the public sphere--for which, I have apologized to her personally.

So in over 2 yrs, no one was willing to hire her? No provider was willing to hire her? Given the state of health care in the US and insurance companies trying to save money, many, many ancillary health care professionals are hired to work remotely. They work from home. People who work from home manage patients in coordinated care with other professionals. Working remotely would have been a genuine opportunity for her.

Just as you and others are reaching out to her in support, we are to believe there was no single employer willing to give her a break? No employer anywhere?

I'm not criticizing your personal actions to extend yourself to her. I'm saying I'm not buying the unable to find work. In over 2 yrs. For a young, experienced professional.

Good question. My opinion on this subject is not popular. I don't believe in fbs. Sorry

If you bring a child into this world it's your sole focus. That's it.
I agree. I have a hard time buying FBS. Granted, I don't have children so I can't relate *exactly* but I do know that when I used to take my dog to doggy daycare 3-5 days a week before work I made sure he safely got there. IMO, when any living being relies on us for their well-being it's incumbent upon us to do the bare minimum to keep them safe...especially when they can't fend for themselves. Heck, I forgot my boyfriend's mother's plant in my car overnight and felt guilty. If people are going to start slacking to the point of endangerment then I wish they'd put their precious ones up for adoption before it's too late so that people like me that physically can't have children could give them a loving home. In the mean time I will continue mentoring youth in my town and spoiling my dog and prairie dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear