1057 users online (192 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The LI area seemed to be his "comfort zone" per say, seems to know the area well, were any state park employees looked into? Just a thought.

Do you remember where they said that they lost the trail of "River Man"? I am doing some searching of my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepedout View Post
    See this page for details on "River Man":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastbound_Strangler

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Lucky1 View Post
    Do you remember where they said that they lost the trail of "River Man"? I am doing some searching of my own.
    Alabama I think? then popped back up quick in NJ

Two thoughts...
    The Kim victim in AC, she was from NY. What if LISK is tied to her somehow, someone she knew and followed her to AC???

Also, they say that Golden Key motel room 101 was where they were killed but then that guy, from WS, sent Rachel to his suspected kill spot? That confused me. Were the AC 4 killed in that hotel room or do they not know for sure?

I fell asleep watching epi 4 and didn't make it to the FL part. Rewatching now.
    Last edited by Lamima; 11-20-2016 at 10:31 AM.

I am copying and pasting this research I did for the DB, AC and GB cases. Since the abducting and disposal of women's bodies are an outdoor event I was curious about the weather, moon phases, etc. The first DB victim, Laquetta Gunter, sounds like overkill, and risky!

DB4

Sat. 12-24-05 Laquetta Gunter.....Mostly cloudy and hazy....winds N-NE 10-24 gusting to 24....Moon last quarter...rise 12:45 am...set 12:45 pm

Fri. 1-13-06 Julie Green....Fog, rain, thunderstorms, overall cloudy....wind S-SW gusts to 37 mph...Moon full...rise 5:07 pm...set 6:59 am

Fri. 2-24-06 Iwanna Patton....Overall cloudy and overcast....wind NE gusts to 23 mph...Moon waning cresent..rise 4:24 am...set 2:34 pm

Sat, 1-3-2008 Stacy Gage.....Over cloudy and overcast wind N/NW/NE, gusts to 32mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 3:09 am...set 1:44 pm

AC4

Sat. 10-7-06 Molly Jean Dilts...Rain, overcast..wind NE, gusts to 32 mph....Moon Full...rise 6:43 pm...set 7:30 am

Tues. 10-17-06 Barbara Breider...Rain, light rain...wind SE, gusts to 30 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 2:43 am...set 4:25 pm

Wed. 11-15-06 Tracy Roberts...Mostly cloudy, overcast, fog...Wind SE, gusts to 17 mph...Moon waning cresent....rise 1:30 am...set 2:07 pm

Sun. 11-19-06 Kim Raffo....Mostly cloudy, overcast....Wind NW, gusts to 20 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 5:33 am...set 3:37 pm

GB4

Mon. 7-9-07 Maureen Brainard Barnes....Mostly clear...Wind variable, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 12:56 am...set 3:48 pm

Sun. 7-12-09 Melissa Barthelemy....Rain, clouds, clear by 8 pm...Wind West, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning gibbous...rise 10:57 pm...set 10:32 am

Sun. 6-6-10 Megan Waterman....Overall cloudy w/occasional clearing and rain...Wind W/SW gusts to 32 mph...Moon waning cresent... rise 1:33 am..set 2:35 pm

Thur. 9-2-10 Amber Costello...Mostly clear/ a few clouds...Wind South, gusts to 17mph....No Moonrise....set at 3:12pm

source: wunderground

Link to DB thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...rridor)/page20
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I am copying and pasting this research I did for the DB, AC and GB cases. Since the abducting and disposal of women's bodies are an outdoor event I was curious about the weather, moon phases, etc. The first DB victim, Laquetta Gunter, sounds like overkill, and risky!

DB4

Sat. 12-24-05 Laquetta Gunter.....Mostly cloudy and hazy....winds N-NE 10-24 gusting to 24....Moon last quarter...rise 12:45 am...set 12:45 pm

Fri. 1-13-06 Julie Green....Fog, rain, thunderstorms, overall cloudy....wind S-SW gusts to 37 mph...Moon full...rise 5:07 pm...set 6:59 am

Fri. 2-24-06 Iwanna Patton....Overall cloudy and overcast....wind NE gusts to 23 mph...Moon waning cresent..rise 4:24 am...set 2:34 pm

Sat, 1-3-2008 Stacy Gage.....Over cloudy and overcast wind N/NW/NE, gusts to 32mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 3:09 am...set 1:44 pm

AC4

Sat. 10-7-06 Molly Jean Dilts...Rain, overcast..wind NE, gusts to 32 mph....Moon Full...rise 6:43 pm...set 7:30 am

Tues. 10-17-06 Barbara Breider...Rain, light rain...wind SE, gusts to 30 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 2:43 am...set 4:25 pm

Wed. 11-15-06 Tracy Roberts...Mostly cloudy, overcast, fog...Wind SE, gusts to 17 mph...Moon waning cresent....rise 1:30 am...set 2:07 pm

Sun. 11-19-06 Kim Raffo....Mostly cloudy, overcast....Wind NW, gusts to 20 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 5:33 am...set 3:37 pm

GB4

Mon. 7-9-07 Maureen Brainard Barnes....Mostly clear...Wind variable, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 12:56 am...set 3:48 pm

Sun. 7-12-09 Melissa Barthelemy....Rain, clouds, clear by 8 pm...Wind West, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning gibbous...rise 10:57 pm...set 10:32 am

Sun. 6-6-10 Megan Waterman....Overall cloudy w/occasional clearing and rain...Wind W/SW gusts to 32 mph...Moon waning cresent... rise 1:33 am..set 2:35 pm

Thur. 9-2-10 Amber Costello...Mostly clear/ a few clouds...Wind South, gusts to 17mph....No Moonrise....set at 3:12pm

Link to DB thread

Update on Stacy Gage: Apparently the above date is the date she was found. According to TKS episode 4 the video of Stacy at the supermarket on 12-10-07 was shortly before she disappeared so I checked the weather archives for that date............

Mon 12-10-07 Stacy Gage Mostly clear/some clouds...Wind NE gusts to 15 mph....New Moon...dark night.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
    Two thoughts...
    The Kim victim in AC, she was from NY. What if LISK is tied to her somehow, someone she knew and followed her to AC???
    Snipped.

Yes I just watched episode 4 now and thought the same, it seems like that is the biggest link between them both. Kim's contacts previous could really answer some questions here.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _

- Имaте Петрова огъня -_

- You have the Petrova fire -

Quote Originally Posted by mraccountant View Post
    The Atlantic City Slueth was highly suspicious, his note singling out Rachel is very weird , and his location of the kill spot is eerily like that of Long Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ohhhh yes. Are we allowed to discuss this? Mods?
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    _

- Имaте Петрова огъня -_

Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    Me too!

Seems like the faster I go the behinder I get!
    I'm with you both...

If it is one person - there's a gap in 2008 until 7/2009. I wonder if there were any similar type murders in some other area of the country or could the person have been incarcerated for some other crime?

Just came home to Robert Kolker's booked delivered to my door... more LISK stuff to get into.
    _

- Имaте Петрова огъня -_

I'm new and this is my first post. I'm. It sure if this is where it goes but after watching episodes 3 & 4 tonight, I started really looking at the dr. I thought about the wiki edits in episode 1 and looked at them tonight. There are edits from an IP address numerous times, including tonight, that goes back to ft Meyers Florida. The dr moved to ft Meyers Florida. I think PD really dropped the ball on this guy. I suspect that he had a deep belief that he could medically "cure" these girls of their ways and when he couldn't, he would put them in a "suitable" place to examine his case work.

I live about 30 mins north of Daytona Beach. I remember these murders clearly. I also work in the Daytona Beach area, and frequently pass all of the areas the victims were found in. I hope something comes of this being put back in the spotlight on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

DB4

AC4

GB4

Link to DB thread

Update on Stacy Gage: Apparently the above date is the date she was found. According to TKS episode 4 the video of Stacy at the supermarket on 12-10-07 was shortly before she disappeared so I checked the weather archives for that date............

Mon 12-10-07 Stacy Gage Mostly clear/some clouds...Wind NE gusts to 15 mph....New Moon...dark night.
    Thank you Waltzingmatilda for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by KalamityKay View Post
    I live about 30 mins north of Daytona Beach. I remember these murders clearly. I also work in the Daytona Beach area, and frequently pass all of the areas the victims were found in. I hope something comes of this being put back in the spotlight on the show.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by lookingaroundli View Post
    I'm new and this is my first post. I'm. It sure if this is where it goes but after watching episodes 3 & 4 tonight, I started really looking at the dr. I thought about the wiki edits in episode 1 and looked at them tonight. There are edits from an IP address numerous times, including tonight, that goes back to ft Meyers Florida. The dr moved to ft Meyers Florida. I think PD really dropped the ball on this guy. I suspect that he had a deep belief that he could medically "cure" these girls of their ways and when he couldn't, he would put them in a "suitable" place to examine his case work.
    Nice of you to join Websleuths and share your thoughts on the cases and "The Killing Season" with us. Thank you and I look forward to more of what you think and your reactions. I share your hopes KalamatiKay and find your ideas on the Florida cases very interesting, lookingaroundli, as morbid as it all is to consider. Thank you, too. I hope you both keep participating.

~

‘The Killing Season': Rachel Mills & Joshua Zeman on A&E’s True-Crime Series and Alex Gibney
    BY CHRISTINA RADISH, COLLIDER

11/19

A great detailed interview about "The Killing Season" well worth reading.
    Last edited by FindHG; 11-21-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    my opinions only

Quote Originally Posted by lookingaroundli View Post

im new as well and have followed this case since the 10 bodies were discovered years back. To this day I do not know how people just cross off the doctor, Mr Hackett, as being a suspect. Forget about what we think of him when he has been on camera which has led many t say he doesn't fit the profile and let's consider what does fit the profile...and please someone answer the blanks I currently have below:

#1- the night of Shannan Gilbert's death he admittedly medicated Shannan and let her out of his home
    - who brought her to his home and what was the timeline of this encounter as it relates to her 911 call?? I heard it was her client that night who brought her to him...

- No matter, but first who hires a prostitute and then when she is acting crazy takes her to a local guy to medicate her. You'd just make her leave. 2nd, what doctor would medicate a woman in his house and let her leave his house.

#2 - Then he somehow got her mom's phone number and decided to call her when Shannan wasn't with him anymore.
    - this is the strongest link to LISK considering 2 of the victim's friend or relatives got contacted by LISK after they got abducted. Being compelled to make contact with victim's family is part of his profile.

- how did Hackett get her moms number? Why did he decide to call only after she wasn't with him? When did Hackett call Shannan's mom - was it that evening or days after? Was Hackett's wife with him at the time of this? And what was said on the call is just odd...

- why doesn't Josh or Rachel have the people that heard lisk over the phone listen to Dr Hackett's voice?

My theory, and there are many holes to fill, is Hackett's intention was to drug and kill Shannan. She escaped, and if she ended up getting out of there he was afraid she'd tell someone that she got drugged by Hackett and he was going to kill her. So he proactively called Shannan's mom and provided an alibi. Maybe Shannan did die on her own that night, maybe after his call he actually found her and killed her. Don't think we'll ever know.

Whichever, we can't deny how odd his actions were. Maybe it is all coincidence. But to have all the above happen, and then to find all the other bodies close to that area, it's just too crazy to think that way.

As as a side note I don't think the AC4 have anything to do with GB4. Shoes missing is not part of the GB4 killers MO, from what I understand. All 4 facing east is also not necessarily intentional. If thrown in there the same way, for example holding a person horizontally in your arms with their head hanging over your left arm while walking east, and tossing them in front of you eastward, their head would likely only face one direction due to the force of the throw. East. All this tells us is it was likely the same person who disposed of all 4. Which now begs the question, were all 4 bodies found east of room 101?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast