1385 users online (272 members and 1113 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sorry, Bohemian, I jumped before you'd finished editing.

I was wondering about that title too--whether it's media creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    "Tarantino, 49, who changed his name from Victor David Gerada, eventually did not give evidence at the trial of the two Rebels *bikies convicted of the Hellfire murders because he tried to commit suicide."

(BBM) From the article I linked above, http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...09419956d61e79

I don't know whether it would make a difference to his eligibility for ongoing witness protection that he didn't end up giving evidence? Perhaps no suppression order has been made because nobody has applied for it. Trying to suicide to avoid giving evidence would presumably go some way towards making peace with the crooks one has offended. And, poor guy, to have found the bodies.
    I was editing my post for accuracy when you replied JLZ.

I don't know either. AFAIK it's rare for a magistrate to grant lifetime suppression orders and, you're right, as he waa moving around living an itinerant lifestyle and was reported to have had frequent bouts of psychosis, legal representation may have been out of his reach. I'd be pretty paranoid if I'd been subpoenaed as a potential witness in a trial involving murder, especially those of OMCG members by members of another gang. I suspect they'd have very long memories and anything but a successful suicide attempt would be less than satisfactory.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-24-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Sorry, Bohemian, I jumped before you'd finished editing.

I was wondering about that title too--whether it's media creativity.
    No problem. I think it is kind of you to call the headline 'media creativity'. I was thinking more along the lines of typical MSM b*******
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-24-2016 at 11:29 PM.

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    typical MSM b*******
    (snipped)
    Guess I'm getting desensitized.

(snipped)
    Guess I'm getting desensitized.
    Maybe it's me. I'm becoming more cynical with age

I think I must be the NSW homicide squad jonah. I hear they do a really good job, but this is the 3rd case, I have followed consecutively where they just can't sew the ends up. I had this effect on Pat Rafter whenever I watched him play tennis, he lost, but he won when I wasn't looking, same with Manly football team for a few years as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    I think I must be the NSW homicide squad jonah. I hear they do a really good job, but this is the 3rd case, I have followed consecutively where they just can't sew the ends up. I had this effect on Pat Rafter whenever I watched him play tennis, he lost, but he won when I wasn't looking, same with Manly football team for a few years as well.
    Oh froggy, it's not you. It's me too. I think I'm up to half a dozen where there's been no 'quick' justice or no justice at all. Tennis and football aside, I always take the side of the underdog and sadly, unless a lot of noise is made, their cases can be relegated to 'cold case' very quickly. It's a dreadful situation when you almost have to take to the streets to advocate for VoC and to pressure the bean-counters to allocate additional resources so police can bring the perpetrators to justice. That said, with the advent of computer hardware and software, internet and communications technology, more cold cases seem to be well on their way to being solved.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-25-2016 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    Ha ha frogwell, my husband's a huge Manly fan and suffers the same superstitious worry when they play. He's blaming himself for watching them too much this year. I can't stand footy, so keep playing it up
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

The parents across Australia still hoping for their lost children to come home

'THIS week the parents of Sydney schoolgirl Quanne Diec got news they had been dreading for 18 years. It was also the news they had been longing for.

Quanne was just 12 years old when she disappeared on July 27, 1998, on her way to Strathfield Girls High during a short walk to the train station she did each day. Except that day she didn’t make it to the train.

Since then, Ann and Sam Diec have spent thousands of dollars carrying out their own search for their little girl, and they never moved out of the family home in Granville for fear she wouldn’t know where they’d gone if they did return.

Like many parents devastated by the loss of their children, they wanted the truth. This week Vinzent Tarantino, 49, walked into Surry Hills police station and spoke to detectives about Quanne’s case. He was later charged with her murder.

On Wednesday, Mr Tarantino led detectives into heavy bushland as police confirmed they were searching for Quanne’s remains. So far, she hasn’t been found leaving her family achingly close to getting the closure they have been waiting almost two decades for.

Tragically, they are by no means the only Australian family wanting this kind of closure. There are similar cases of young people vanishing from their ordinary lives from across Australia. Each year 35,000 people go missing in Australia, as many as three-quarters of them under 18. Most are found. But some are not.'

Apparently police conducted another search for Quanne last Thursday 8/12 at Bulli Tops.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...e6368eb2b47bf7
    IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Vinzent Tarantino up for mention on May 4 at Parramatta Local Court.

https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/content/
    IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I just drove past the forensic dig. They are about 10 m off western side of Appin Rd, roughly on my dot below.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    - Carl Sagan

Police have announced they will resume a search in bushland near Wollongong for the remains of Quanne Diec, a 12-year-old Granville schoolgirl who was kidnapped and believed murdered back in 1998. Police are holding a press conference mid-morning, but there's lots to do beforehand. I want to speak with her parents. Nineteen years after Ann and Sam's little girl went missing, a suspect is in custody, but they have never found her body.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/08/12/10/53/what-it-s-really-like-being-a-breaking-news-reporter

JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Police have announced they will resume a search in bushland near Wollongong for the remains of Quanne Diec, a 12-year-old Granville schoolgirl who was kidnapped and believed murdered back in 1998. Police are holding a press conference mid-morning, but there's lots to do beforehand. I want to speak with her parents. Nineteen years after Ann and Sam's little girl went missing, a suspect is in custody, but they have never found her body.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/08/12/10/53/what-it-s-really-like-being-a-breaking-news-reporter

Thanks TGY.
    Here is a link that hopefully gets to you're link: http://www.9news.com.au/quanne-diec
    Feeling so sad for Quanne's family waiting so long to find their little girl.
    IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast