1278 users online (219 members and 1059 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 258
  1. #241
    Bump!! I mean Durkheim!

  2. #242
    Garden district??? Another wealthy area near New Orleans? Lots of poverty but lots of wealth. Especially in the 70s. Definitely private school or respected public school or freshman/ sophomore in college.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by giucy View Post
    it is ! I can only understand how it feels to be suicidal


    i disagree. It means he feels like an outsider and feels he can't build interpersonal relationships, that's all. This feature alone is far from enough to diagnose sociopathy. The sociopathy conclusion based on this point alone is way too quick because such symptom is found in too many mental illnesses.
    This feature can be found in soooo many mental illnesses, not only sociopathy. Major depressive disorder coupled with adhd, or aspergers, can make you feel this way. Keep in mind that knowledge about adhd, or asd, was not as advanced as nowadays. Still, there are currently so many more questions than answers. But in those days, adhd and asd knowledge, to name just a few, was at its embryonic stage.
    The whole text is inconsistent with sociopathy actually. If he was truly sociopath, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration for his parents' feelings. He took his life because he had excessive consciousness. Excessive consciousness doesn't fit sociopathy at all.


    In those days, psychoanalysis was still the dominant schooling of psychiatry and psychology. So, based on his knowledge to psychology in those days, he understood this. Cbt was discovered only in the 80, so not at the time he committed suicide.
    For the historical context, this sentence is not that odd actually. If it were written nowadays, it'd had been a whole other ballgame.


    It doesn't fit the picture of sociopathic personality. Actually, the 180 opposite.
    He feels soooo remorseful towards his parents that he feels the only way out is suicide.
    If he was sociopathic, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration.
    Actually, people with impulse phobia can commit suicide because of thoughts of doing something immoral. In their mind, the simple thought of doing something immoral equals doing it. The distress is so intense because in their own system of value, it's absolutely immoral to do it.
    Impulse phobia of pedophilia is being so afraid of being a pedo that you prefer killing yourself than thinking about a child because attraction to children is so repulsive.
    The difference between impulse phobia and pedophilia is big, but based on a small detail. Impulse phobia brings distress at the simple thought of being a pedophile, while actual pedophilia brings pleasure. Impulse phobia of pedophilia brings such great distress at the simple thought of being a pedo that you can take your own life.
    More about on this link : http://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd
    ocd ocd ocd.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Laissez les bons temps rouler
    Posts
    2,145
    Unsure if this has been posted, have sometime an open TP archive account adding as many articles to MP/UID's as I can find

    Times Picayune Article - 06/17/75
    UID - TP 061775.JPG


    DO YOU KNOW ME?
    Help Identify Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - Slidell, Louisiana - June 19, 1986

    Red/Brown (Auburn) Hair, 5'2-5'4, 20-30 yrs old, perfect teeth absence of wisdom, Scars; right knee, abdomen, right wrist, prior right hip injury, possible nose surgery, breast implants, 8-12 wks pregnant, marking of a ring left hand ring finger

    LSU Faces: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
    NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/852
    Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

  5. #245
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    224
    Bump

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

  6. #246
    This one haunts me

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by thesensitivechild View Post
    This one haunts me
    Same but I feel very sorry the guy.... I know how it feels to think of taking your own life. I've been there before.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostINshell View Post
    Same but I feel very sorry the guy.... I know how it feels to think of taking your own life. I've been there before.
    What could we possibly do to try to connect the dots on this one? I suppose the parents might be dead by now.

  9. #249
    But for realz. What can I or anyone possibly do to help. If someone gives me some leads or direct links I will start looking. I am just uncertain where to begin.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by folieadeuxnola View Post
    Unsure if this has been posted, have sometime an open TP archive account adding as many articles to MP/UID's as I can find

    Times Picayune Article - 06/17/75
    UID - TP 061775.JPG
    That is so very sad how deeply unworthy he felt. He didn't want anyone to be in pain over his death....yet I am !! I wonder if we could possibly figure out who this young man was. I know I am moved to do what I can just to know he was worth so much more than he ever believed.


  11. #251
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by kat913 View Post
    That is so very sad how deeply unworthy he felt. He didn't want anyone to be in pain over his death....yet I am !! I wonder if we could possibly figure out who this young man was. I know I am moved to do what I can just to know he was worth so much more than he ever believed.
    Very very tru...

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    I feel that this guy was a full blown psychopath and knew there was something very wrong and different about him from a young age.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by estreya View Post
    I feel that this guy was a full blown psychopath and knew there was something very wrong and different about him from a young age.

    "False and empty reality", "no ties to family or friends"....etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by estreya View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With all due respect those are things i would have put in a suicide note before I had my mental illness under control and im no psychopath. Depression can cause those things too, false empty feeling and pulling away from everyone. Being suicidal and deppressed could easily cause someone to cut ties and distance themselves because they didnt want to hurt them. I know I did.
    Last edited by Dr.Strangelove; 06-28-2017 at 12:10 AM.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    112
    Bumping for this guy. What a sad case. Any new info on the Cousins guy?
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-14-2015, 08:22 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2014, 03:05 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM

Tags for this Thread