870 users online (116 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    http://www.geocities.com/plastic_nap...singpre79.html

This site is for LA missing; it also says it is for people from other states who have ties to LA. Perry Otto Corlew is listed here.

Doe Network mentions an age-progressed photo of what this boy would look like at age 40. Why is the picture not posted?

The article linked on this thread says, "When the Corlews tried to get a copy of Perry's dental record, they found that the Grayling Police had sent the originals of the records to a sheriff's department in Louisiana in connection with a case involving an unidentified suicide victim in 1975. The Louisiana department, in turn, lost the records." Probably the suicide victim was the same boy spoken of here. What isn't clear is whether the LA police had a chance to compare the records before they lost Perry's.

The news articles mention the Plaquemines (don't have a clue how that's pronounced) Parish authorities were distributing posters with the young man's description. I have found the sheriff dep'ts website, I am going to e-mail them to see if they are willing to share any info.

It is pronounced plackamens, please let us know when they get back to you. Hopefully they are able to look into this.

It is a far way from MI and an odd location. Did anyone in the area have contact with him before his death. Belle Chasse is a small community and while it does border New Orleans it borders a suburban area and is a little off the main path it just doesn't seem like a place you would just stumble on accidentaly.

Here's a link to a recent news article:

http://www.gtherald.com/1999/mar/21teeno.htm

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    The news articles mention the Plaquemines (don't have a clue how that's pronounced) Parish authorities were distributing posters with the young man's description. I have found the sheriff dep'ts website, I am going to e-mail them to see if they are willing to share any info.
    As I mentioned on my post of 11/15, I was planning to call the sheriff's department. However, I hit a dead end when I called, so I e-mailed Sheriff Hingle early last week and have not heard anything from them. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It does sound unusual, although there was another more recent case very similar to it a few years back. As I recall, the other case involved a young man who left no note, but hanged himself in a wooded areal. I think that one was eventually solved, however.
    You may be thinking of the young man who hanged himself in a wooded area of either North Carolina or Virginia 6-7 years back. He had left no note and had no ID on him. Initially police were clueless since no one matching his description had been reporting missing but eventually he was linked to a car with Quebec plates that had been found abandonned in the area. FBI confirmed someone matching his description had been reported missing in Canada and positive idea was made. According to his relatives he knew no one in the area and it remains unclear why he drove that far just to kill himself. If I recall well I had read this story in a Charlotte NC or Richmond VA paper. It had struck me as very odd behavior and the story in this thread immediately reminded me of that case.

Just bumping this up

I still find this case so intriguing, so I thought I'd bump it up. The nature of this young man's suicide note, in particular, seems so unusual. I was never able to make contact with any law enforcement members, but that was several months ago. When I have the time, I will try again to see if I can talk to anyone about this case.

don't give up on it, their parish was hard hit by katrina ( you won't ever hear about it though, it seems as though N.O. east was the only area hit by katina but you arent here for my katrina soapbox) so I am assuming they are short deputies and over worked right now so keep on checking with them.

This is indeed a very intriguing case!

I can't find a listing for the unidentified teenager on the Doe Network for Louisiana. (See http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/uid-geo-index.html#LA)

The LSU FACES Lab site doesn't seem to have a record, either. (See http://www.lsu.edu/faceslab/unidenti...identified.htm)

I wonder if the writing/language/handwriting in the suicide note can be compared to any of Corlew's writings that his parents' may have saved?

Where else can one look for information on the description of the unidentified teen's body? I guess if you can get any assistance/details from LE in Louisiana, Marilynilpa, that would be wonderful.

From Corlew's profile on the Doe Network, this section is interesting:
    Also in 1992, his brother Michael received a telephone call from someone mimicking cartoon character voices, which Michael and Perry used to do. The caller asked Michael what he thought of the voices, but hung up without identifying himself.
    Could be a cruel prank, but makes me wonder...
    Last edited by maima; 08-21-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added section about phone call to Corlew's brother in 1992

Those are some good thoughts, thanks. Just like you, I also checked various websites dealing with missing people and found nothing that seemed to fit. Although the suicide occurred in Louisiana, it's possible this young man lived elsewhere, which makes it even harder to figure out who he might be.

The content of his suicide note makes me think he may have committed (or thought about committing) a crime that weighed heavily on him, leading to the suicide.

I hope to be able to dedicate more time to this perplexing case in the near future, and will definitely post any info I come across.

Quote Originally Posted by maima
    This is indeed a very intriguing case!

I can't find a listing for the unidentified teenager on the Doe Network for Louisiana. (See http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/uid-geo-index.html#LA)

The LSU FACES Lab site doesn't seem to have a record, either. (See http://www.lsu.edu/faceslab/unidenti...identified.htm)

I wonder if the writing/language/handwriting in the suicide note can be compared to any of Corlew's writings that his parents' may have saved?

Where else can one look for information on the description of the unidentified teen's body? I guess if you can get any assistance/details from LE in Louisiana, Marilynilpa, that would be wonderful.

From Corlew's profile on the Doe Network, this section is interesting: Could be a cruel prank, but makes me wonder...

The fact that his brother got a phone call mimicking cartoon voices is kind of weird....but it does seem as if he could be this suicide as well.............I wonder if anyone else knew about the cartoon voices.

Has anything come of this case? I know it's been a while, but does anyone know if it got anywhere?

What an unusual case. I cannot even find the original article or an article on it. Or anything else that mentions it.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast