1139 users online (161 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Affidavit for arrest of bus driver.
    http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/libr...02d1fb77a3.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    BREAKING: School bus driver, 24, is arrested after five elementary students are killed and 23 are injured in Tennessee crash that saw the vehicle leave the road at speed and wrap around a tree

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ml#ixzz4QiiOYN
    Was the bus driver injured at all? I haven't read anywhere that he sustained any injuries.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Was the bus driver injured at all? I haven't read anywhere that he sustained any injuries.

I wondered the same thing. Based on the mug shot he looks fine.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

http://abc7chicago.com/news/kids-who...ders-/1618930/

A school bus driver, Johnthony Walker, 24, has been charged in connection to a crash that killed five young children in Tennessee. Police confirmed Tuesday morning that the bus was traveling at a high rate of speed, "well above the posted speed limit."

Of the five deaths, interim superintendent Kirk Kelly of the Hamilton County Department of Education told reporters this morning, three of the children were in fourth-grade, one was in first-grade and the other was a kindergartner, officials said.
    Six children are still in intensive care.
    MOO
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Two siblings who were on the bus have said that the bus driver asked the children if, "they were ready to die?".

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com/...-children/amp/

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LAbradford View Post
    Two siblings who were on the bus have said that the bus driver asked the children if, "they were ready to die?".

OMG. There are no words...
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by LAbradford View Post

OMG! You mean he could have done all this on purpose???? Why would he want these precious children to die??
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    OMG! You mean he could have done all this on purpose???? Why would he want these precious children to die??
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

It seems to me that might have been a REALLY, REALLY unfortunate and coincidental choice of words. It sounds like he was driving very recklessly, and said that to seem like a wild crazy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    It seems to me that might have been a REALLY, REALLY unfortunate and coincidental choice of words. It sounds like he was driving very recklessly, and said that to seem like a wild crazy guy.
    Maybe, but why speed and drive really recklessly with a bus full of little children? It makes no sense.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

My two cents here. A 24 year old doesn't have enough driving experience to handle a bus full of kids...period! If he did do this on purpose, there is no punishment fitting for him.

Prayers to all these families and for those babies still fighting to live in intensive care.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Maybe, but why speed and drive really recklessly with a bus full of little children? It makes no sense.
    It makes zero sense at all, I agree. But I really don't think this man intended to kill the children - just intended to do something very very stupid.

It's so rare for bus drivers - in my observation - to be careless. That's why riding a bus to school is statistically a very safe way to get there.

This guy seems young to be a bus driver - he's still in the demographic that car insurance companies charge a premium for. I wonder if the school district had a hard time recruiting bus drivers and couldn't be more selective than this in hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    It looks like Google Maps has already removed the area from their street view. I was looking at conditions on the roadway, to see if there were bends or obstructions and there is an area at Talley and Midwoode for some reason you can't see. Like Google did in the Newsome/Christian murders, also in Tennessee.
    Help me understand why Google would do that. I don't see the necessity...but I'm assuming there is one. Shed light on it for me, please.

So heartbreaking. I really hope this was not on purpose. That is just too awful to think about. We need to have trust that people are not willfully harming our children.

Police said the driver of the bus, Walker, was arrested and a warrant has been issued to remove the black box from the bus and review evidence on the bus’ video cameras. Kelly said Tuesday morning the school would cooperate with the investigation.

[...]

According to the affidavit, "the defendant was driving the school bus at a high rate of speed, well above the posted speed limit of 30MPH," based on both witness statements and physical evidence.

http://www.kgfw.com/national-news/20...fourth-graders

Police say Walker cooperated with authorities and is in custody. They haven’t revealed how long he’s worked for Woodmere Elementary School. Walker graduated from Brainerd High School in 2011, a public high school in Chattanooga.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/tips-fo...winter/8349456

Names of those killed have not yet been released; three were in the fourth grade, one was in first grade and one was in kindergarten.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/11/...n-chattanooga/

"He was going real fast and he hit a garbage bag," one of the children who was onboard told CNN affiliate WDEF-TV. "And we then hit a mailbox, then we flipped over and hit a tree real hard."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/us/ten...-bus-accident/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Holy everything I really hope this wasn't purposeful! What the actual freak? That's awful!

On the seatbelt issue, I taught preschool for years and we had 5 point harnesses on every single child. Did it take time? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes. Was it annoying and back breaking bending over to buckle all those wiggly worms? Yep.

I was tiny when I was a kindergartener and rode the bus to school. If he went over big bumps sometimes my head would hit the ceiling of the bus and it scared me half to pieces. I don't care how padded the seats are the ceiling isn't.

Eta: I keep thinking about Otto from the Simpsons.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast