1294 users online (205 members and 1089 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Maybe, but why speed and drive really recklessly with a bus full of little children? It makes no sense.
    I think there are some drivers who want to appear really "cool" to the kids. I remember one bus driver when I was in HS who was driving fast until a boy at the back of the bus yelled, "slow down, buzzard lips!" The driver immediately slowed down. I guess he realized no one was impressed. I was once horrified while riding on a bus on a college campus. The driver was a young man, likely a college student, who was driving fast and furious while talking to a young woman seated at the front. My feeling was that he was trying to impress her. As someone else said, this bus driver may have been "joking" around when he asked the kids if they were ready to die. Sadly, some bus drivers can be very immature and not seriously think about the consequences of their actions. This driver, I hope, will have a long time to sit in a prison cell thinking about his actions.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    Holy everything I really hope this wasn't purposeful! What the actual freak? That's awful!

On the seatbelt issue, I taught preschool for years and we had 5 point harnesses on every single child. Did it take time? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes. Was it annoying and back breaking bending over to buckle all those wiggly worms? Yep.

I was tiny when I was a kindergartener and rode the bus to school. If he went over big bumps sometimes my head would hit the ceiling of the bus and it scared me half to pieces. I don't care how padded the seats are the ceiling isn't.

Eta: I keep thinking about Otto from the Simpsons.
    You just reminded me of riding the bus over bumps. I only had to ride the bus in middle school (oh, joy of joys, riding the bus in middle school). I recall there was street full of potholes or dips in the road - and the boys would yell for the driver to hit them fast so everyone would be jerked up out of their seats and hit the ceiling. Only the "cool" drivers would do that. What an insane atmosphere.

Parents are beginning to ID children who died in the crash. Here is one that was posted on twitter (I didn't see a name):

Condolences to the family of this beautiful child.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

First victim of deadly Chattanooga school bus crash identified

http://wreg.com/2016/11/22/first-vic...sh-identified/

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Family members have identified the first of the five children killed in a Chattanooga school bus crash.

WREG's Michael Quander confirmed one of the victims is 10-year-old Zyanna Harris.

Zyanna's stepfather confirmed her identity and talked with Michael about what happened and shared more about the little girl.

More at link with video.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Parents are beginning to ID children who died in the crash. Here is one that was posted on twitter (I didn't see a name):

Awww. This is heartbreaking to see her gorgeous smiling face. Her parents must be absolutely devastated. :rose;
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The little girl in the photo you posted is Zyanna Harris she is 10 years old. My heart hurts for all.

Another article with Zyanna http://www.farrahgray.com/pictured-f...-driver-speed/

RIP, Zyanna. I hope you didn't feel any pain.
    MOO

From an article mentioning what one of the parents said!

are y'all ready to die?

Even if that statement may not be true, his bail set at $107,000 is way too low. I say no bail or at least 1 million.

“My daughter said, right before the bus flipped, that he was speeding around the curb, and asked them, ‘are y’all ready to die?’” a mom, who had three children on the bus, told CBS News Radio. One of her three kids died in the wreck.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2883285

Just found this thread. I have no words, just pure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Multiple Fatalities - elementary students killed in Tennessee school bus crash

Quote Originally Posted by Thora_Jay View Post
    The little girl in the photo you posted is Zyanna Harris she is 10 years old. My heart hurts for all.

Another article with Zyanna http://www.farrahgray.com/pictured-f...-driver-speed/

Just found this thread. I have no words, just pure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Me too Katy, me too.

They sure arrested him fast and maybe that is why the DA has said further charges could be added.

If he was trying to scare them all by speeding and driving recklessly then he should be charged with more than vehicular homicides. How mean of him to taunt these little children beforehand by asking if they were ready to die and now 5-6 children ARE dead with more in critical condition.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

This is ripping my heart apart. Such a beautiful child with such a sweet smile.

All of the parents, families, friends, schoolmates and community have to be so devastated beyond comprehension.

If he was purposefully driving recklessly and speeding he intentionally caused the horrific accident to happen by doing so.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    If he was purposefully driving recklessly and speeding he intentionally caused the horrific accident to happen by doing so.
    There is no doubt he was speeding, short of having a heart attack and foot stuck to accelerator, it was intentional. There is no way that a bus could have the damage that it did at 30 mph, I estimate it to be above 60......65-70

(Tears).

On CNN it show hundreds of people are lining up to give blood:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/us/ten...ent/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/us/ten...ver/index.html
    Last edited by margarita25; 11-22-2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added link

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast