Ants eat woman's eye in hospital

Dark Knight

Reaction score
(Reuters) A woman receiving treatment for diabetes at a state-run hospital in eastern India lost one of her eyes after ants nibbled away at it, officials said on Tuesday.

The patient recovering from a post-surgery infection shrieked for help as the ants attacked her on Sunday night, but nurses told her it was normal to feel pain from the infection.

On Monday, the patient's family saw a gaping hole with swarming ants in it when they lifted the bandage on her left eye.

Authorities of the Sambhunath Hospital in Kolkata said they were probing the incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051115/od_nm/india_ants_dc&printer=1

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! That poor woman. This is horrible. Stupid nurses should have listened to her.

Ohh DK, I read this story this morning :eek: and decided it was too gross for even me to post!!

That is SO beyond awful!! It said in the article that "ants often attack
diabetic patients."

Why is that???!

There was a story awhile back about maggots eating at a woman's leg or ankle after surgery, think that was a diabetes patient too. Probably something to do with the infection, I know it was explained in the other case with the maggots but I can't remember what it was. I have also read recently about leeches being used in treatment which is an ancient remedy that has resurfaced. No matter, the conditions of this hospital as described imo should be shut down.

What an awful story, I feel so badly for the woman who died and for her family.

That is sick !!!! I can't even begin to imagien what that poor woman felt !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back