Kanye West hospitalized in LA for psych evaluation

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
I know there's a thread about Kim's ordeal in Paris. While there may be a little crossover, this story is about Kanye.
I have long suspected there was mental illness involved in Kanye's odd behaviors over the years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...control-Kim-leaves-home-East-coast-event.html

"Kanye West was hospitalized for his own safety on Monday, sources claim, after friends say he suffered a 'psychotic break'
Friends say the 'breakdown' was triggered by problems in his marriage to Kim Kardashian, paranoia over his rift with Jay Z and his seething jealousy of Beyoncé
Sources say he was being checked for 'severe sleep deprivation' when it was decided he had to be admitted
Law enforcement sources confirmed that the rapper was hospitalized for his own health and safety
Sources close to Kanye say he tried to resist had to handcuffed to a gurney while being transported
Kim flew out of LA on Monday for the East Coast but was nowhere to be seen after the shock news broke
Earlier today, West officially axed the 22 remaining dates of the U.S. leg of his Saint Pablo tour
Cancellation came days after a bizarre rant aimed at Beyoncé, Jay Z, Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg
Sources say 'workaholic' Kanye 'often stays up and works for 48 hours at a time' and called his team at all hours of the night'
Experts suggest that Kanye will lose more than $10 million by cancelling the remaining tour dates."

I hope he gets the help he needs. I feel really sorry for Kim. She was to appear along with all her family members at a cancer research related charity event in New York City this evening in which her late father Robert Kardashian, who died of cancer, was to be honored. It was to be her first public appearance since the Paris robbery.

It's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between symptoms of mental illness and symptoms of addiction. Whichever it is, or even if it's possibly both, I hope he is successful in recovering.

BBM I would add artistic genius to that list.

I do hope Kanye will be okay and can soon return to being a daddy to his two children and a husband to his wife. IMO he needs to stop spreading himself so thin.

After his twitter meltdown (at least the one I witnessed) I had a strong sense he was ill. Everyone was making fun of him, retweeting him with snarky comments, and I was just sad. The day before everyone had been tweeting about mental health awareness.

Anyway.

I hope he gets some help. Broadcasting your life is probably an unhealthy way for most people to live.

I was so sad and horrified when Britney Spears and Amanda Bynes suffered hugely public psychotic breaks. They were vilified and ridiculed. I pray that people are kinder to Kanye. It has always been obvious to me that he suffered mentally in some way, but his genius allows him eccentricities. Get well soon Kanye, your babies need their Daddy💓

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When a famous person like Kanye has mental health problems, I often get the impression that many people around them either do nothing, or manipulate the situation to make the famous person dependant on them.

I'm glad that somebody has got help for Kanye. I think that he has been obviously mentally unwell for quite a while now. If only he had received treatment earlier, before he got to his current state.

Oh well, there goes his bid for POTUS in 2020.

When a famous person like Kanye has mental health problems, I often get the impression that many people around them either do nothing, or manipulate the situation to make the famous person dependant on them.

I'm glad that somebody has got help for Kanye. I think that he has been obviously mentally unwell for quite a while now. If only he had received treatment earlier, before he got to his current state.

I think you're right, and we've all seen this happen in our own families of circle of friends. People are quick to deny mental illness exists or something the ill person has to deal with alone or as an opportunity for themselves, whatever the reasons are too many people in all walks of life go untreated until there's an emergency.

I agree with you about Kanye - the public knew what was going on. Could no one step up for him? (Oddly enough - ninji9 mentioned Britney Spears and I remember when she performed at the MTV awards, obviously ill, thinking where are the people who care about her?)

I wish Kanye the very best I hope he gets the long term medical help he needs. I don't think the fast paced lifestyle along with the constant pressure to produce and generate income to fund the extravagant life they live is helping matters. I think he would be better focusing on his children and when he is ready music. I think it's probably time to drop his fashion line if he is struggling and exhausted. I'm sure Kim's recent attack hasn't helped with the stress he is dealing with.

His recent fashion show and his fashion line received poor reviews. So that may be contributing.

Apparently he thinks Beyoncé's husband is going to kill him. (I have no idea if this is a paranoid delusion on his part or if there is some actual reason for him to fear this.)

He just made alot of money. Insurance policy. :)

There's been something not right about Kanye for a very long time. He admitted to an alcohol problem years ago but I think there's something much bigger going on here. If you listen to some of his rants his ego is not just inflated it's off the charts. I think it's combination of things and a personality disorder along with drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep, stress etc., etc., etc., can certainly cause a breakdown.

He's an extremely talented man. Creative and I think extremely hard on himself.

Not a huge fan, but don't like to see these things happen to anyone. He needs help. I hope he gets it.

MOO

It is genuinely heart-warming to read such supportive and thoughtful posts. If only everyone would take mental health this seriously.

I too have to admit he is far from my favourite artist (although I do believe he has showed signs of great talent - I thought some of his early work like Jesus Walks was phenomenal). However, I would not wish mental ill health on anyone and having recently seen at close quarters how devastating it can be I wish him all the care he needs and hopefully a full recovery.

It is genuinely heart-warming to read such supportive and thoughtful posts. If only everyone would take mental health this seriously.

I too have to admit he is far from my favourite artist (although I do believe he has showed signs of great talent - I thought some of his early work like Jesus Walks was phenomenal). However, even if I am not too keen on his work now and find him very abrasive, I would not wish mental ill health on anyone and having recently seen at close quarters how devastating it can be I wish him all the care he needs and hopefully a full recovery.

This is my favorite. Different from his usual stuff but still very Kanye.

[video=youtube;HZwMX6T5Jhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk[/video]

Estelle and Kanye make a great pair:

[video=youtube;Ic5vxw3eijY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY[/video]

I guess nobody is even considering the possibility that Kanye is not mentally ill, but that he just offended some very powerful people who have the influence to have him admitted.

I guess nobody is even considering the possibility that Kanye is not mentally ill, but that he just offended some very powerful people who have the influence to have him admitted.

It has been plain to see that he has been suffering with a mental illness for a long while now. Kanye's paranoia is a typical symptom of this sort of illness.

I'm sure that Kanye will receive the best treatment available, and eventually he will resume his career. He could become a real advocate for people with mental health problems if he wants to.

The only person who benefits from Kanye being admitted is Kanye himself. Its not as if they are locking him up and throwing away the key. He will receive his treatment, and then he will go back home to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back