857 users online (118 members and 739 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Police say, NO reason to disbelieve story:

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-reas...ry?id=43816705

911 Caller Said Missing California Mom Risked Being Hit By Car to Get Help

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-...ry?id=43819168
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2889960

Police believe abductors left Calif. mom Sherri Papini for dead

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, November 28, 2016, 12:21 PM

"Officials are checking out Papini’s past and know about her previous marriage and divorce. They are looking into her online activity before she went missing and have obtained 20 warrants for data. Investigators are also reviewing surveillance cameras and cell towers in areas around Yolo County and the city of Redding."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2889960

Match any of the data from the 20 warrants to the cell tower dumps and maybe they can find the perps. Isn't modern technology wonderful!!

NBC Today Show (Video at Link)

Cops hunt for kidnapped California mom Sherri Papini's abductors

Sherry Papini, a Northern California mom who was missing for three weeks, was found over Thanksgiving weekend, battered and still wearing chains. Now she is safe at home with her family, police are stepping up their search for two women they believe are her abductors. NBC’s Gadi Schwartz reports for TODAY.

Timeline: What we know about kidnapped Redding woman Sherri Papini

http://kron4.com/2016/11/28/timeline-what-we-know-about-kidnapped-redding-woman-sherri-papini/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Sherri Papini Sister: Sherri needs time to recover before speaking publicly

Koester says Papini has been through a traumatic event and needs time with her family to recover.

Koester did not say whether or not Papini has been reunited with her children, but says she has been reunited with her husband Keith and they are in an undisclosed location.
    http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/sh...king-publicly/

Intense Manhunt For Redding Mom’s Abductors

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – An intense manhunt was underway Monday for two women and their SUV after a Redding mother of two was kidnapped and held for several weeks before being dumped on the side of a Northern California Highway.
    Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said authorities were looking for two Hispanic women armed with a handgun and driving a dark SUV who are wanted in connection with the kidnapping of 34-year-old Sherri Papini.
    The Redding mother of two was abducted while jogging on Nov. 2 and was dumped on a the roadside of Highway I-5 on Thanksgiving morning. She was bound and badly beaten.
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...oms-abductors/

New article: Ransom negotiator says Sherri Papini ‘found the key to stay alive’

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html

Husband's statement on GMA:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusi...ry?id=43840659

The first thing I would like to address is the overwhelming amount of gratitude our entire family has for the thousands of people that have been on this torturous journey with us. I cannot possibly name each and every person, although their names are eternally etched in our hearts. Thank you to our strong family, devoted friends, the entire Redding community, and countless communities around the world. Specific thanks to the Shasta County Sheriff”s department, FBI, NorCal Alliance for the Missing, The Lost Coast Trackers, Shasta Support Services, The Guardian Angels, my own personal A-Team, Cameron Gamble, Cody Salfen, Jim Linnan, Sean Ditty, Don Armstrong, Yolo County Sheriff's department and hospital, the medical personnel that helped our dear Sherri, social media, and many news outlets. Thank you to LRT Graphics and Signarama. Thank you to the extremely generous, anonymous as well as named donors all over the world whom selflessly gave to our family. Thank you to the many incredible humans that have never known Sherri that facilitated in sharing our heart break across the globe. Sherri has always captured my heart and it is no surprise that she has captured the hearts not only through the country, but throughout the world. Thank you, truly, immensely, sincerely, and with my entire heart.

Secondly, we live in a nation of free speech, accompanied with an era of technology that provides immediate gratification. This is a double edged sword. I am grateful for this system as it is what spread my wife's face quickly throughout the world, gaining the attention of thousands. The unfortunate side is that some people have been sitting in angering, expectant, positions waiting for the gory details.

Rumors, assumptions, lies, and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, sub human behavior. We are not going to allow those people to take away our spirit, love, or rejoice in our girl found alive and home where she belongs. I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money, or some fabricated race war. I do not see a purpose in addressing each preposterous lie. Instead, may I give you a glimpse of the mixture of horror and elation that was my experience of reuniting with the love of my life and mother of our children.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear. The mental prison I was in over the past three weeks was shattered when my questions of my wife's reality became known.

The officers warned me to brace myself. My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.

Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off. She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands. Sherri was taken from us for 22 days, and suffered incredibly through both intense physical agony and severe mental torture. My reaction was one of extreme happiness and overwhelming nausea as my eyes and hands scanned her body. I was filled with so much relief and revulsion at once. My Sherri suffered tremendously and all the visions swirling in your heads of her appearance, I assure you, are not as graphic and gruesome as the reality.

We are a very private family whom do not use social media outlets prior to this grotesque tragedy. My love for my wife took precedents and it was clear we had to be exposed in ways we never would have been comfortable with. So please have a heart and understand why we have asked for our privacy. This will be along road of healing for everyone. Ultimately, it was Sherri's will to survive that brought her home. Thank you.

Reminder: this thread is for media, maps, & timelines ONLY and is not for discussion. If Sherri's discussion thread is temporarily closed for one reason or another, the discussion should not simply shift over to this thread. Any posts that do not include a media, map, or timeline link will simply be removed and any commentary will be snipped from posts.

NOTE: sheriff is also interviewed by GMA at the video linked here with KP's statement http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusi...ry?id=43840659
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ays-found.html

But Marketing Director Christine, 54, who lives in Redding, gives a compelling witness account which may offer crucial new evidence in the case which can't be ignored.

'I saw this blond lady in a blue pick-up truck about ten yards away from where we were parked and I kind of did a double take.'

‘I said, “This looks like Sherri Papini here”, so I walked over, the guys had left the car, I walked over and her window was down a little.

‘It was just odd how the men were coming back and forth, I’m a mom-of-five and I’ve got great women’s intuition and I’m also a survivor, I was held hostage when I was a young girl. Probably my senses were a little bit heightened.’

When Christine approached the truck she said the woman inside looked ‘tired’ and ‘worn out’ and appeared not to have washed her hair in days.

Christine had seen a lot of the news coverage of Sherri Papini’s disappearance in the weeks before and had a good idea what the mom-of-two looked like.

And she was convinced it was the pretty 34-year-old sat in the truck in front of her

‘She was blond and very pretty, and I thought it could definitely be her, she was the right age,’ Christine recalls.

‘I obviously haven’t seen Sherri in person so I couldn’t be 100%, but it was a close enough resemblance that I couldn’t just drive away and have that question mark in my mind.

‘I said, “You look like that woman who was abducted here in Redding, are you okay?”

‘She never answered me, she didn’t answer yes, she didn’t answer no, she just looked at me.

‘And I said, “Are you being held against your will? ‘Do you need me to call 911 right now?” And again she didn’t answer.

‘By this point my mommy’s bonnet was buzzing, I knew something wasn’t right, it was very strange.

(snipped)

DailyMail.com obtained a police log of the 911 call Christine made.

The log states that Christine reported the incident on November 22 and says that when she approached the female and asked if she was okay, the female was ‘evasive’.

It’s not clear what action, if any, Shasta County Police Department took or whether details of the call were even passed to the detectives investigating Sherri Papini’s disappearance.

Sherri Papini to speak with investigators about kidnapping; officials knock down rumors

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off.

"I was familiar with those details," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said this morning on "GMA." "We had not released them yet to the public."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-con...ry?id=43840556
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has confirmed new information about Sherri Papini's startling condition following her alleged kidnapping.

Snip

"I was familiar with those details," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said this morning on "GMA." "We had not released them yet to the public."

Snip

Bosenko confirmed reports that negative comments about Hispanics were posted online under Papini's maiden name. Bosenko did not explain where these comments were posted or what exactly was said.

"This is a definitely a unique occurrence," Bosenko said. "Our investigators are still actively working the case as they have been since Nov. 2."

Based on Papini's description of her apparent captors, Bosenko said authorities are searching for two Hispanic female adults driving an SUV.

"And that's all that we have regarding the description," he said. "We hope to have a little more later today."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-con...ry?id=43840556

A San Diego private detective tells FOX 5 that shortly after he offered his service, Papini’s family contacted him to help on the case.

“We were contacted by Sherri’s father-in-law,” said private investigator Bill Garcia.

After conducting several searches and investigating leads of his own, Garcia believes Papini was a victim of sex trafficking.

“There’s a lot of young girls, even young men, that have been taken from that area,” said Garcia. “I know in working in the area for some years now that there’s a high incidence Mexican cartel groups in the area.”
    http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/11/28/l...-from-redding/

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast