1209 users online (252 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoleleigh35 View Post
    I am very interested in this! I have a case and would love some help/ feedback on what you guys think! My friends killer is walking free, never charged, married with 2 kids. Would anyone be interested in looking into this?
    Walk into the police station. Ask to speak to the Det on your friends case. Demand to know why your friends case is not being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipsynurse View Post
    My daughter, Brittany Danielle McGlone, was murdered in the home of her boyfriend May 4, 2007 in Wood County, TX. Her murder remains unsolved. The lead investigator is now charged with serious charges not related to my daughters case. Additionally, he, a previous sheriff and other county officials are defendants in federal case. Any help is so appreciated.
    Go to the DA's office and ask them who works on cold cases for your area. Demand to know who will work on your daughters case.
    Give the story to a local newspaper.

The Serial-Killer Detector: How an algorithm is discovering new links between unsolved murders
    The New Yorker
    Alec Wilkinson
    November 20, 2017 5:00 AM

‘Thomas Hargrove is a homicide archivist. For the past seven years, he has been collecting municipal records of murders, and he now has the largest catalogue of killings in the country—751,785 murders carried out since 1976, which is roughly twenty-seven thousand more than appear in F.B.I. files. States are supposed to report murders to the Department of Justice, but some report inaccurately, or fail to report altogether, and Hargrove has sued some of these states to obtain their records. Using computer code he wrote, he searches his archive for statistical anomalies among the more ordinary murders resulting from lovers’ triangles, gang fights, robberies, or brawls. Each year, about five thousand people kill someone and don’t get caught, and a percentage of these men and women have undoubtedly killed more than once. Hargrove intends to find them with his code, which he sometimes calls a serial-killer detector.’

Read more at:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...r-detector/amp
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...iller-detector
    Deborah Smith, who lives in New Orleans, is a hobby MAP searcher and a forum moderator on Websleuths, an online watering hole for amateur detectives. “I keep spreadsheets of murdered and missing women around the country, with statistics, and I highlight murders that I think might be related,” she told me. “I have them for nearly every state, and that comes from MAP. If I have a killer, like, say, Israel Keys, who was in Seattle about fifteen years ago, I’ll look up murders in Seattle and parts of Alaska, because he lived there, too, and see if there were any the police might have overlooked.” She added, “MAP is just extremely, extremely useful for that. There isn’t really anything else like it.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2