1203 users online (252 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Murder Accountability Project

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Hi Y'all, I have been watching "The Killing Season" and that's how I found this site. I'm a very bored stay at home wife and mother, so I'm glad I found this. I've loved true crime or anything with a "who done it" book or tv show or movie as far back as I can remember.
    I've recently found out that I had an aunt that was murdered back in the 1970's. I know her name and I think we know the city and state, so how could I go about finding more information on this? I was also told it was still unsolved.
    Thanks for your help!

First, see if you can find the record of your aunt, if she was murdered in 1976 or later. (We can't post FBI data earlier than this because the formats to the SHR changed so much in 1976.) Use the "How to Use" tab learn how to find a specific case. (We use the murder of JonBenet Ramsey as an example.)

I would really like too get involved in this project

This murder accountability project, is this about mapping out unsolved murders of similar type? Because I have spreadsheets of thousands of predatory child homicides in an attempt to do the same thing years ago... Haven't done anything with them for years but wondering if I go back through them if I can help here....

Have you looked at the Jennifer Odom case in Pasco/Hernando county Fl, 2/19/93?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Tom Hargrove, the man behind the Murder Accountability Project gave us a wonderful interview on Websleuths Radio yesterday.

CLICK HERE and listen

Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Additional coverage

BloombergBusinessweek has some interesting coverage of MAP: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...this-algorithm

I am very interested in this! I have a case and would love some help/ feedback on what you guys think! My friends killer is walking free, never charged, married with 2 kids. Would anyone be interested in looking into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoleleigh35 View Post
    I am very interested in this! I have a case and would love some help/ feedback on what you guys think! My friends killer is walking free, never charged, married with 2 kids. Would anyone be interested in looking into this?
    Hi Nicoleleigh35, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine how much harder it must be knowing the person responsible is walking free.

Beyond sleuthing, I don't know how much help I could be, but there are many amazing WS members that might be able to. Is there a thread for your friend? If not, I would ask a mod to start one for you. Starting a thread will get the word out and hopefully justice for your friend.

I am a writer at The New Yorker working on a piece about Thomas Hargrove and the Murder Accountability Project and interested in talking to anyone who has used it, thanks.
    Alec Wilkinson