981 users online (157 members and 824 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,414
    So, while Sheriff Sanner was labeling Dan Rassier as "the only Person of Interest" and digging up his farm in view of local media, he was fully aware of the very strong case the FBI had put together against Heinrich.

    It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. This never bothered the good folks of Stearns County who kept re-electing the guy in spite of the obvious shortcomings of his Dept. Still, I can't but wonder that there was some nefarious motive behind the targeting of Rassier. Perhaps, if there is a trial, it will all come our.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY YOU! View Post
    I have to say this case has changed the way I think about the media. From the very beginning, I saw this story on A Current Affair and they painted the 'neighbor' whose parents were away as a shady figure. In fact, I have been obsessed with finding Jacob and who took him since that first story. As time wore on,I was increasingly convinced of the 'neighbor's' guilt. The media did not make any statements that would have pointed my opinion in any other direction. WE find out many, many years later that they basically had Heinrich in the very beginning...footprints, car and no evidence on the 'neighbor.' I am never going to be manipulated again, nor will I push hard against someone who appears guilty. We did not have all the evidence. I am so sorry for what Dan Rassier and his family had to endure all these years. He did not deserve any of our accusations. Since Jacob has been found and the real murderer is caught I have backed off on the other cases where I am SURE I know who did it. An innocent man should not have lost so many years of a peaceful life due to misinformation. Peace to Mr Rassier and his family and friends. I hope you win your case and continue your life in peace
    I wish more people on this site operated this way. The fact is that shows like A Current Affair and Nancy Grace are the dregs of the tabloid press. They should always be treated with suspicion. However, even more traditional news outlets will jump on this sensationalism bandwagon and are hesitant to question LE when they go off the rails.

    Then, you have people who will pick apart and twist every utterance or action to "prove" a pet theory. They will call someone guilty for certain behavior, then go to another case and call someone guilty for behaving in the exact opposite manner. ("Why is X so quiet? I would talk to the media!" Followed by, "Why is Y giving so many interviews? What an attention hog who is trying to control the story!") In some cases, the "proof" will be directly contradictory as the case unfolds. ("Why is X so quiet? I would talk to the media!" Followed a few weeks later with, "Why is X giving so many interviews? What an attention hog who is trying to control the story!") Don't even get me started on how bogus I think "statement analysis" is, especially as practiced by random people on the Internet.

    Then, we have those who will never question LE. Sometimes they are wrong, arrest the wrong people, and just flat out refuse to admit any shortcomings. I have seen high profile cases in my own community unfold this way, often on the basis of false confessions induced by LE.

    It's time to treat all cases with more care. The innocent deserve better, and the guilty continue being a danger to the community.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by azshadowwalker; 04-15-2017 at 09:04 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    So, while Sheriff Sanner was labeling Dan Rassier as "the only Person of Interest" and digging up his farm in view of local media, he was fully aware of the very strong case the FBI had put together against Heinrich.

    It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. This never bothered the good folks of Stearns County who kept re-electing the guy in spite of the obvious shortcomings of his Dept. Still, I can't but wonder that there was some nefarious motive behind the targeting of Rassier. Perhaps, if there is a trial, it will all come our.
    The dig was 2010. DR's mother had told LE that she could tell them how he could have done it.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by azshadowwalker View Post
    I wish more people on this site operated this way. The fact is that shows like A Current Affair and Nancy Grace are the dregs of the tabloid press. They should always be treated with suspicion. However, even more traditional news outlets will jump on this sensationalism bandwagon and are hesitant to question LE when they go off the rails.

    Then, you have people who will pick apart and twist every utterance or action to "prove" a pet theory. They will call someone guilty for certain behavior, then go to another case and call someone guilty for behaving in the exact opposite manner. ("Why is X so quiet? I would talk to the media!" Followed by, "Why is Y giving so many interviews? What an attention hog who is trying to control the story!") In some cases, the "proof" will be directly contradictory as the case unfolds. ("Why is X so quiet? I would talk to the media!" Followed a few weeks later with, "Why is X giving so many interviews? What an attention hog who is trying to control the story!") Don't even get me started on how bogus I think "statement analysis" is, especially as practiced by random people on the Internet.

    Then, we have those who will never question LE. Sometimes they are wrong, arrest the wrong people, and just flat out refuse to admit any shortcomings. I have seen high profile cases in my own community unfold this way, often on the basis of false confessions induced by LE.

    It's time to treat all cases with more care. The innocent deserve better, and the guilty continue being a danger to the community.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    I wonder why people go on this site because there are always theories with lots of different scenarios. What is the attraction ?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    So, while Sheriff Sanner was labeling Dan Rassier as "the only Person of Interest" and digging up his farm in view of local media, he was fully aware of the very strong case the FBI had put together against Heinrich.

    It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. This never bothered the good folks of Stearns County who kept re-electing the guy in spite of the obvious shortcomings of his Dept. Still, I can't but wonder that there was some nefarious motive behind the targeting of Rassier. Perhaps, if there is a trial, it will all come our.
    BBM. It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. I don't think there's anything nefarious in the targeting of Mr. Rassier.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I wonder why people go on this site because there are always theories with lots of different scenarios. What is the attraction ?
    I always wonder why people get caught up on pet theories and won't let go, no matter how crazy, how little evidence or whom they hurt. I guess it makes them feel important, and they don't have to live with the consequences. It's twisted, especially since they are so sensitive about even being called on their reckless behavior when it's proven that their "theories" were wrong. They don't ever want to pay any consequences for what they do to innocent people. They don't even want to examine what they did wrong and fix it. Nope, they will move on to the next case and do the same thing to someone else. Makes me wish they or someone they love would experience the witch hunt someday, with the baseless theories and accusations. It's the only thing that will change the behavior.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by azshadowwalker; 04-16-2017 at 05:41 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by azshadowwalker View Post
    I always wonder why people get caught up on pet theories and won't let go, no matter how crazy, how little evidence or whom they hurt. I guess it makes them feel important, and they don't have to live with the consequences. It's twisted, especially since they are so sensitive about even being called on their reckless behavior when it's proven that their "theories" were wrong. They don't ever want to pay any consequences for what they do to innocent people. They don't even want to examine what they did wrong and fix it. Nope, they will move on to the next case and do the same thing to someone else. Makes me wish they or someone they love would experience the witch hunt someday, with the baseless theories and accusations. It's the only thing that will change the behavior.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    This site is for discussing suspects ID'd by LE. Even his own mother thought he could have done it. Strange

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    This site is for discussing suspects ID'd by LE. Even his own mother thought he could have done it. Strange
    Is DR's mother on record as saying she thought he could have done it, or are you taking LE's word for it that she said that to them?

  9. #69
    ELOCsoul's Avatar
    ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    This site is for discussing suspects ID'd by LE. Even his own mother thought he could have done it. Strange
    Saying it's theoretically possible he could have done it is simply pure honesty on his mothers part. You seem to be reading into in a more suggestive way to fit a predisposition. Another example of McDonald stretching things to fit a need for a warrant.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Is DR's mother on record as saying she thought he could have done it, or are you taking LE's word for it that she said that to them?
    It is written. Is it true? Is anything true then?


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Saying it's theoretically possible he could have done it is simply pure honesty on his mothers part. You seem to be reading into in a more suggestive way to fit a predisposition. Another example of McDonald stretching things to fit a need for a warrant.
    Would you say that about your child? And you certainly believed it could have been DR. Your writings indicate that.

    It will be interesting when the tips come out and seeing who is accusing whom.

    Lots af accusations on here such as DR, Hollinger, Bahners, monks, Lou. More?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    It is written. Is it true? Is anything true then?
    That's a complete non answer. Where is it written and by whom?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    That's a complete non answer. Where is it written and by whom?
    You can look in the released info from LE.Google is your friend

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Cloud MN
    Posts
    2,617
    "The sheriff says it's not only technology that has changed over his 33 year career, but also how people see law enforcement."

    "It doesn't matter what we do, we are racially profiling, it doesn't matter if we have video running or not we are not believed, so this is a different time for law enforcement, much different than 33 years ago."
    Sanner says no specific event triggered his decision to retire, it's just time."

    "To listen to mom for 26 1/2 years ask a simple question, where's Jacob, and we couldn't answer it, it was a wonderful feeling to finally be able to answer that for the family and the entire community," Sanner said.

    You didn't answer it nor listen to it for 26 and a half years, the FBI stepped in and solved the case. If you had thought about it, it would have been a joke that DR planted perpetrator and Jacobs prints before that parked tire track. You just sat back and kept eating Pattys wonderful chocolate chip cookies.

    http://knsiradio.com/news/local/last...iring-sheriff/

    Thought you guys would have some fun with those comments from Sanner. People are making LE better everyday and he still can't be truthful about why he's retiring. It's not "just time". He just got reelected, the truth is he speculated DR was a murderer. He should be saying "I made some mistakes, we're learning from those mistakes."

    If we put Bechtold in as Sheriff it will only be a rubber stamp of Sanner. With beliefs and actions that only worked 33 years ago.
    Last edited by Sasquatch321; 04-17-2017 at 06:10 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Cloud MN
    Posts
    2,617
    <snip>

    The sheriff handed us a suspect/poi DR in 2010. Until 2014 we didn't even know the boys had been sexually assaulted. Until 2015 we didn't see a perpetrators footprint next to Jacobs. So we speculated hard on DR and flat out accused him of it. Both Human and I had been around since the case began, we were tired of not having an answer, but a named guy. The mistake is on Sanner who wrangled DR into being a murderer when clear hard evidence said he didn't.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-23-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: removed quoted post & direct response to it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**
    By bessie in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 1072
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 12:14 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM
  3. The Bad BRA Lawsuit
    By golfmom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 12:28 AM