1136 users online (250 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I remember when our accusations of DR had the other side chasing down and publicly naming a weightlifting trainer/racer out of Texas. They were completely wrong.

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Would you say that about your child? And you certainly believed it could have been DR. Your writings indicate that.

It will be interesting when the tips come out and seeing who is accusing whom.

Lots af accusations on here such as DR, Hollinger, Bahners, monks, Lou. More?
    It completely depends on the context about what DR's mom said. It's a non-issue anyhow because it doesn't matter, Dan Rassier had nothing to do with it.

My writings did indicate that DR could have done it. Same with my writings about other suspects. The thing is, you have to work to eliminate people, and until they're eliminated theyre still in the pool of possible suspects. Locking onto any one perp is always a mistake and makes people look foolish, as we saw with certain social media writers.
    Last edited by ELOCsoul; 04-18-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    It completely depends on the context about what DR's mom said. It's a non-issue anyhow because it doesn't matter, Dan Rassier had nothing to do with it.

My writings did indicate that DR could have done it. Same with my writings about other suspects. The thing is, you have to work to eliminate people, and until they're eliminated theyre still in the pool of possible suspects. Locking onto any one perp is always a mistake and makes people look foolish, as we saw with certain social media writers.
    It is a sign of intelligence to withhold judgment while entertaining all possibilities. Somebody famous must have said that....but I don't remember who. Regardless, I agree with your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    I remember when our accusations of DR had the other side chasing down and publicly naming a weightlifting trainer/racer out of Texas. They were completely wrong.
    True. But the "Texan" fit the profile much more closely in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    You are correct on this and you'll never get enough of it. The sheriff handed us a suspect/poi DR in 2010. Until 2014 we didn't even know the boys had been sexually assaulted. Until 2015 we didn't see a perpetrators footprint next to Jacobs. So we speculated hard on DR and flat out accused him of it. Both Human and I had been around since the case began, we were tired of not having an answer, but a named guy. The mistake is on Sanner who wrangled DR into being a murderer when clear hard evidence said he didn't.
    There was for a very long time a resistance on this forum to any theories contrary to the LE named POI.....The Thread always returned to DR.....I'll leave it at that-"posterly" speaking. IMHO, Kevin's tire tracks and "disclosure" do not suffice nor do any theories of DR's "oddness"-turns out he was pretty normal. However, I understand the suspicion as I was suspicious myself based on circumstances-but not evidence. But I regret the wasted time + energy focused on DR when there were a few posters stating succinctly and presciently where to look....water under the bridge now....but food for thought. I remember ONE post based upon a comment on Joy's blog which summarized it all....in a few simple sentences-and turned out to be true. People tend to look for the complicated explanation as the simple explanation can't seem to be possibly true. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by cGorg View Post
    BBM. It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. I don't think there's anything nefarious in the targeting of Mr. Rassier.
    I think there is a case to be made that it was politically motivated on Sanner's part. Will certainly be interesting to see how things proceed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Listen View Post
    I think there is a case to be made that it was politically motivated on Sanner's part. Will certainly be interesting to see how things proceed ...
    Point taken. I wonder what those politics may be? Personal vendetta? I don't think so. Higher Powers pulling strings? I don't think so. Pressure to solve the case? Possibly....but not likely. IMO...it may be incompetence...and a covering up thereof. Just a thought....but maybe LE was confused. Sometimes being in the thick of things gives one no perspective. But just the same....LE was hot on the trail in 1989....and it fizzled until 2004....then turned.....dramatically in 2010....so definitely a cause to wonder.
    Last edited by cGorg; 04-20-2017 at 03:06 AM.

I think they botched the case and fingered the wrong guy. JMO.

DR's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post

DR's mom is probably a lot like my mom. A midwestern "old school' woman/mom. If a law enforcement officer was grilling my mom, she would most likely believe what they told her, no matter what it was. Typical 50's house wife and not putting her down at all. I'm sure she was being questioned alone and was just being "matter of fact".

On another note. I have been on since, almost the start of this forum and I have read every word and more, just like most of you though I rarely comment. I just want to say that that "trackergd" and Robert Dudley have always made sense when nothing made any sense to me, so thank you. Since this is in the last stages of this forum, I just wanted to say thank you to you all including sas and human and sirius and cborg, who kept posting when there was nothing left to post and the others that kept this forum going. And especially Robert, who I know doesn't get the credit he deserves, in media or anywhere, perhaps other than this forum. You are the true hero in this all. So thank you! And thanks to everyone. I hope to see you all on other WS forums in the future and I hope Robert you find your next passion where you can be as much help as you were in solving this. Thank you all.
    Last edited by dreddlock; 04-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cGorg View Post
    I think they botched the case and fingered the wrong guy. JMO.
    I think so too. Some people have a hard time admitting they are wrong or made a mistake. Sadly, I think this played a huge role in the investigation.

Is is just me or has anybody else noticed that people born before mid to late 60's or right around that time have a hard time admitting they are wrong or made a mistake? Just to clarify, I'm not saying this goes for everyone in that age range, just generally speaking. There must have been a come to Jesus moment around this time for parents to start telling their kids it's okay to make a mistake.
    Last edited by Tippy Lynn; 04-21-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Quote Originally Posted by dreddlock View Post
    DR's mom is probably a lot like my mom. A midwestern "old school' woman/mom. If a law enforcement officer was grilling my mom, she would most likely believe what they told her, no matter what it was. Typical 50's house wife and not putting her down at all. I'm sure she was being questioned alone and was just being "matter of fact".

On another note. I have been on since, almost the start of this forum and I have read every word and more, just like most of you though I rarely comment. I just want to say that that "trackergd" and Robert Dudley have always made sense when nothing made any sense to me, so thank you. Since this is in the last stages of this forum, I just wanted to say thank you to you all including sas and human and sirius and cborg, who kept posting when there was nothing left to post and the others that kept this forum going. And especially Robert, who I know doesn't get the credit he deserves, in media or anywhere, perhaps other than this forum. You are the true hero in this all. So thank you! And thanks to everyone. I hope to see you all on other WS forums in the future and I hope Robert you find your next passion where you can be as much help as you were in solving this. Thank you all.
    Thank you, but there's only been one hero in all of this, and that's Jared.

I'm still working on other cases from the Stearns County area. The Reker book is out now. I'm planning the next book, which will be a collection of cold cases from Stearns County, will be out by early 2018.

Rob, your book played a pivotal role in cracking the Wetterling case wide open. You deserve to be acknowledged for your contributions to uncovering the truth! With regard to the myriad theories posited here for many years, we worked with what we had and shared the common goal of finding out what happened to Jacob. I don't think anyone had a vendetta, if you will, against a particular potential perpetrator. We were using whatever information we could find to study the case, which certainly did not include the information contained in the multitudinous files of the sheriff's dept. We may have not been entitled to it, but surely the public should not have been led in a completely erroneous direction. I think people here were honest and sincere in their efforts to find the truth, with no nefarious intent but rather a sincere desire to pursue answers. It hurts to know the truth should have been painfully obvious long ago to the people entrusted with investigating and solving this crime.
    I was born thinking outside of the box

Portions of Lawsuit Filed by Former Wetterling Person of Interest Dismissed

http://kstp.com/news/portions-lawsui...issed/4689310/

On Thursday, United States District Judge Donovan Frank dismissed the portions of the lawsuit that claimed the search warrants were obtained by fraudulent or illegal means.

The judge also dismissed McDonald as a party in the lawsuit. The court did uphold Rassier's claims of First Amendment retaliation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and defamation, "stemming from Sanner labeling Rassier a person of interest."
    I kind of expected DR's case to be completely dismissed, but I'm glad that some of it is at least continuing.
    Last edited by Kojak81; 11-30-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Search Warrants Released in Wetterling Case, Man Once a Person of Interest Defends Himself

http://kstp.com/news/dan-rassier-jacob-wetterling-person-of-interest-danny-heinrich-search-warrants/4259690/

The link for the search warrants isn't working for me.

I just want to know why in 2002 suddenly this man was named a poi over Daniel Heinrich, whose matching tire and footprints were on the driveway in 1989...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6