WV - James Means, 15, fatally shot, Charleston, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Tawny

Reaction score
This makes me so angry and sad. May that rot in the deepest pits of hell and he will. Along with those who think and act like him.

R.I.P. James. Prayers to his family.

So young, very sad. Scary to think "exchanging words" can escalate so quickly. His mothers words so touching, we could all listen and learn from what she is saying.

RIP Young James. You deserved better...:rose:

"The way I look at it, that's another piece of trash off the street," Pulliam allegedly told police, according to a criminal complaint.

But the 62-year-old man, in a jailhouse interview with CNN affiliate WCHS, categorically denied making that statement. He said he feared for his life when 15-year-old James Means allegedly pulled a gun on him. The complaint did not say Means had a gun.

Read more at ... http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/24/us/west-virginia-teen-shot/

This is the first I've seen anything about James having a gun. If so and Pulliam felt threatened, why didn't Pulliam have the store owner call LE? To this point, it has been described only as a verbal confrontation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Means recently had gotten involved with Dreams Community Development and attended weekly meetings with other youths, dubbed “Dream Chasers,” where they learned about developing their communication skills and other career development tools.

“This past Sunday, we really had a breakthrough, and James wanted to be a part of this,” Henderson said. “James’ name is not something that should be forgotten– his life was stolen from him.”

Read more at: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/2...on-teens-life-was-stolen#sthash.6Ynckq0o.dpuf

From the link above:

It appears that Pulliam should not have been armed. He pleaded no contest to domestic violence charges in 2013, according to WCHS.

Federal law prohibits anyone convicted of domestic violence charges from possessing a gun.

"The way I look at it, that's another piece of trash off the street," Pulliam allegedly told police, according to a criminal complaint.

But the 62-year-old man, in a jailhouse interview with CNN affiliate WCHS, categorically denied making that statement. He said he feared for his life when 15-year-old James Means allegedly pulled a gun on him. The complaint did not say Means had a gun.

Read more at ... http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/24/us/west-virginia-teen-shot/

This is the first I've seen anything about James having a gun. If so and Pulliam felt threatened, why didn't Pulliam have the store owner call LE? To this point, it has been described only as a verbal confrontation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Means recently had gotten involved with Dreams Community Development and attended weekly meetings with other youths, dubbed “Dream Chasers,” where they learned about developing their communication skills and other career development tools.

“This past Sunday, we really had a breakthrough, and James wanted to be a part of this,” Henderson said. “James’ name is not something that should be forgotten– his life was stolen from him.”

Read more at: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/2...on-teens-life-was-stolen#sthash.6Ynckq0o.dpuf

So he denies saying that statement TO police and then decides, oh he had a gun. This freakin' dude is the one who needs to be off the street. Ugh.

UPDATE: Trial date set for man charged with killing Charleston teen

A man charged in connection with the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 21.

William Pulliam, 62, was arraigned Monday in Kanawha County Circuit Court.

During his arraignment, Pulliam wanted to plead guilty to being a person prohibited from using a firearm and plead not guilty to first-degree murder and felony use of a firearm.

Judge sets new trial date for Charleston murder case

Kanawha County Circuit Judge Charlie King rescheduled the trial of William Pulliam for Jan. 29. He was supposed to go on trial Dec. 11.

Pulliam, 62, is charged with first degree murder and felony use of a firearm in connection with the death of James Means

“Until this morning I thought we were probably going to be objecting to the state’s motion, but something occurred that is a matter of privilege that leads me to believe that I need to have my client evaluated for competency, so we’re not objecting to the state’s motion,” he said.

Seems like every time I look up an old case the only news is trial delayed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back