NY - Deanna Wingender, 25, dies in Craigslist killing, Baldwin, 23 Nov 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Snip

The Caucasian woman's remains were spotted at the rear of 97 Merrick Road at 12:48 p.m. near the Baldwin Lanes bowling alley.

Charles Harris, a manager at the bowling alley, was one of the first to see the body.

"Two guys who work at the pizza parlor told me to come over to the grass -- they think there was a body there," Harris says. "And there was a body."

He says the victim appeared to be in her late teens or early 20s, was partially stripped and had blood on her fingers.

"This is a very, very rare occurrence here, especially around this neighborhood," says Joe DeFrancis, who owns DeFrancisco's Pizzeria. "The good thing about it is that in the back parking lot, there's only one way in and one way out, and there's many cameras back there."

More at link
http://longisland.news12.com/news/r...und-dead-behind-baldwin-businesses-1.12660162

Well if there's cameras this should go quick hopefully

Police on Long Island say they've arrested a 36-year-old man in the death of an unidentified woman in Baldwin.

Nassau County police say the woman's body was discovered behind a building on Merrick Road just before 1 p.m. Wednesday.

Later Wednesday night, police announced they'd arrested Raphael D. Oyague of Baldwin on a second-degree murder charge in the woman's death. He's expected to be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.

A manager of nearby bowling alley Baldwin Lanes, Charles Harris, said he saw the woman's body in the grass.

"Her pants were down to her knees, she had a jacket on and something over her head," he told NBC 4 New York, adding it was obvious that "something happened to her."

More: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Found-Dead-Long-Island-Baldwin-402786726.html

Wow...there ya go

Fastest thread completion in the history of ws

Got the perp before the victim is even named.

I do hope she is identified soon. Justice is awaiting her.

Got the perp before the victim is even named.

I do hope she is identified soon. Justice is awaiting her.

I'm guessing her identity is already known, but just being withheld by LE pending notification of her family members :( Very glad to see an arrest so soon. Seems like the best that happen despite the awful circumstances.

Now, the who and why?! I'm really happy the cameras were able to help identify the killer as soon as possible.

A Long Island woman hired for sex via Craigslist was bludgeoned to death with a hammer when her unhinged client didn’t want to pay, authorities said Thursday.

The 25-year-old woman, who was not identified, met with suspect Raphael Oyague, 36, after linking up with him on the classifieds posting site Tuesday night, a Nassau County Police Department spokesman said.

At some point during the carnal quid-pro-quo, an argument over compensation led Oyague to attack the victim with a hammer, Nassau County Detective. Lt. Richard Le Brunk said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Yes, RIP. Justice will be served.

It really saddens me. As with the Gilgo murders, it seems that ladies in that profession (also who have addiction issues) don't really make big news. I feel so sorry for their families, who, suffered a loss. I found Deanna's FB, needing to put a face and life to this tragedy. I won't link it. What a beautiful person. With family and friends who cared enough to ask her how she is doing or why she was having a bad day. It really breaks my heart. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back