Actress Florence Henderson most famous for The Brady Bunch has died

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Florence Henderson, the wholesome actress who went from Broadway star to television icon when she became Carol Brady, the ever-cheerful mom residing over 'The Brady Bunch,' has died. She was 82.

The actress died surrounded by family and friends, her manager, Kayla Pressman, said in a statement late Thursday.

Millions loved, and kept on loving, the innocent sitcom about a blended family."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Thanksgiving-Day-aged-82.html#ixzz4R03s6VNP

May the much loved Ms. Henderson Rest In Peace.

It's hard to believe this because she was one of those people who are always so full of life. Vibrant. Energetic. Funny.

RIP
:rose:

So sad! I had no idea she was in ill health. She looked great a few months ago with Maureen McCormick !
No cause of death has been released. Perhaps it was a recent health issue.
This was unexpected. :sad:

So sad! I had no idea she was in ill health. She looked great a few months ago with Maureen McCormick !
No cause of death has been released. Perhaps it was a recent health issue.
This was unexpected. :sad:

I've read reports Ms. Henderson died of heart failure.

Sad news today. "Ms. Brady" raised a generation (not mine; I'm more of the "June Cleaver" crowd ;)), but she was a role model for some, to be sure.. May Florence Henderson rest in peace.

What a shock! Florence was in the audience at least twice cheering for her former fellow cast member, Maureen McCormick, on Dancing With the Stars. IIRC, Ms. Henderson is a godmother of a Princess cruise ship. :rose:

Florence Henderson, Marion Ross, Erin Moran, Susan Olsen – Emerald Princess®

May 13, 2007 | Athens (Piraeus), Greece

To christen Emerald Princess, the company reunited some of television’s most famous mothers and daughters to serve as the ship’ godmothers. The selection was especially fitting because the festivities took place in Greece, which was the birthplace of the Mother’ Day holiday.

The famous mother/daughter duos included Florence Henderson, who played “Carol Brady” on The Brady Bunch, and her TV daughter Susan Olsen, aka “Cindy Brady,” ...

http://www.princess.com/godmothers/#mother_daughters

Photos at link.

Florence Henderson Dies: Brady Bunch Daughter Maureen McCormick & More Stars Pay Tribute to Late TV Icon

Natalie Finn, eonline
2 hours ago

Tributes are pouring in from Florence Henderson 's fellow stars, all of whom have heard the*story of the lovely lady who became a pop culture icon thanks to one memorable role.

Henderson died Thursday night , surrounded by family and friends at a Los Angeles hospital, at the age of 82. She had not been ill, according to her manager, and in fact had just been in the audience of* Dancing With the Stars*Monday night to support season 23 contestant* Maureen McCormick, who famously played*Marcia Brady.

"Florence Henderson was a dear friend for so very many years & in my #RIPFlorence," McCormick tweeted Thursday evening . "You are in my heart forever Florence," she added, along with a photo of the two of them from DWTS, TV mother and daughter, still vibrant and both with hair of gold, 42 years later...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...1125/b811831/?cid=featuredent_media_mccormick

It's interesting how celebrities take on the character of their role in our culture. Florence Henderson, Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke. All beloved by our culture because they played roles that were beloved on television. Not so much, in real life.

So sorry to hear! I just saw her in the audience of Dancing With The Stars the other night and she looked fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back