981 users online (208 members and 773 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,189

    THE pit bulls being tested for POT

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed

    Pit bulls to be tested for marijuana

    By Carolyn Starks
    Tribune staff reporter
    Published November 15, 2005, 8:25 PM CST


    Toxicology tests are being done on the bodies of three pit bulls shot after they mauled two children and four adults to determine if the dogs ingested marijuana found inside their owner's home, authorities said Tuesday.

    The dogs' owner, Scott Sword, 41, of the 6600 block of Hawthorne Drive near Cary, has been charged with felony possession of marijuana and misdemeanor production of marijuana plants, said McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren.

    On Nov. 5 police handling the dog attack found five harvested marijuana plants growing in Sword's back-yard garden and more than 30 grams of marijuana in his home,Nygren said.

    ..............

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    Why do I think marijuana would make a pitbull calmer?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Maybe they had the munchies and that's why they attacked.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    eastern shore of maryland
    Posts
    59

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed

    Pit bulls to be tested for marijuana

    By Carolyn Starks
    Tribune staff reporter
    Published November 15, 2005, 8:25 PM CST


    On Nov. 5 police handling the dog attack found five harvested marijuana plants growing in Sword's back-yard garden and more than 30 grams of marijuana in his home,Nygren said.

    ..............
    How can it be harvested and growing?

  5. #5
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    Good question, cherylereed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Maybe they had the munchies and that's why they attacked.
    .
    .
    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom

    .
    .
    .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota-land of loons
    Posts
    3,212
    I think they should PRESCRIBE pot for pitbulls, frankly. LOL.

    Eve

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Why do I think marijuana would make a pitbull calmer?
    If that's how they act on pot, I would hate to see them on meth!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    47
    That is weird. What kind of effect does pot even have on an animal? So, if they do have pot in their stomachs, then this would help the criminal case how?


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by forthekids
    That is weird. What kind of effect does pot even have on an animal? So, if they do have pot in their stomachs, then this would help the criminal case how?
    The pit bulls could be found not guilty by reason of being under the influence?

    The pit bulls could be found not responsible for their actions and receive a reduced sentence?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    Quote Originally Posted by eve
    I think they should PRESCRIBE pot for pitbulls, frankly. LOL.

    Eve
    Rofl

    best post i've seen today

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by sandraladeda
    The pit bulls could be found not guilty by reason of being under the influence?

    The pit bulls could be found not responsible for their actions and receive a reduced sentence?
    heehee



Similar Threads

  1. Evidence not tested
    By CuriousGeorgia in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 02:04 AM
  2. Globe Magazine: KC-ex gets tested for aids because of KC
    By Egoslayer in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
  3. Grandpa's Knob to be Tested
    By dark_shadows in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 11:05 PM
  4. should suicide victims DNA be tested?
    By lostfaith in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 12:59 AM