Attachment Disorder and Burke

ellen13

Reaction score
Now, this is just my theory:hand:
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but we all know about the time
when PR was quarantined in the house, away from the kids when she had her cancer, not to mention being away the kids during her treatments and JR was away a lot on business trips.
Therefore:
BR and JBR weren't getting what they needed from her as young children (JBR would have been 3 and JB would have been 5 or 6. My theory is that BR got attachment disorder and lost is ability to empathize and lost touch. If you review some of the cases of murderers or serial killers, this is also happened with Ted Kazynski and Scott Peterson (both being sick at a young age and virtually in a bubble away from friends and family-couldn't be hugged or touched), and many others. Many psychopaths started with this same scenario. I remember reading that BR hit JBR about that time in the head with a bat and they rushed JBR to the hospital. I believe that's where he got the idea to do it and then hit her again in the ahead on Dec. 26 and PR and JR
covered it up.
I also believe other theories, but this is just one scenario that I think took place. Anybody have any ideas about this?
Thanks, Ellen 13 (very new to the board, joining very late in the game)

Anything is possible Ellen13, but I wasn't aware that they were kept that separate in the house. I know Nedra came to stay with them to help with the kids and to run the house when Patsy was sick, but I haven't read anywhere that their mom was living in the same house and they were not allowed to see her.

Having said that, I do believe the illness had an effect on the kids. There is a big difference in SP being stripped from the bonding to his mother in his first day of life, than in the mother of a 3 and a 6 year old falling ill.

that PR couldn't be near the kids because she was very
susceptible to infection and she couldn't take a chance of
getting near the children when they were sick.
Thanks for replying.

I seem to recall that when Patsy was living at home with the kids yet still ill, she had to stay in John Andrew's bedroom because it more convenient, and the children were allowed to come to the doorway and say hi, but only when everyone, including Patsy, was wearing surgical masks. Doesn't sound like they able to be too close to her or for very long, but that's why Nedra was there, to take care of them.

Right, Nedra took care of them (imagine the negative impact on them). Also,

they others babysitting for them, one of which was considered a suspect for
a brief period of time.

Below is info I got from the Wilkipedia website:

Born in Chicago, Illinois, Ted Kaczynski was intellectually gifted as a child and known to be extremely shy and aloof. While an infant, Kaczynski had a severe allergic reaction to medication. He was hospitalized for several weeks and was allowed only infrequent visits from his parents, who were barred from holding their child. The once-happy baby reportedly was never the same. According to his mother, he initially cried incessantly and would plead for her comfort. Afterwards he became increasingly withdrawn and unresponsive to human contact, developing "an institutionalized look." By all accounts Kaczynski's parents were warm and loving towards both him and younger brother David.

IMO: when I read about Burke, he sounded like he had little "affect" and was somewhat withdrawn (although not to this extreme). This is very similar to what SP went through as a child.
The only difference is that SP was "souless" but managed to put up a heck of a front.

So, Ellen, are you thinking Burke was the perp? I'd love to hear your full theory. I personally have a difficult time time believing that crime was committed by a nine year old boy, whether he had a friend visiting or not. There's no history or suggestion that Burke had the amount of animosity towards JonBenet that the person who did this to her had. Yes, Burke accidentally whacked her in the head with a golf club, but by all accounts that was an accident and nothing more. No one who knows the family has ever claimed that Burke was intensely jealous and harbored serious resentment towards his little sister. There are no accounts of him acting mean towards her out of jealousy and making attempts to harm her, as I'm sure we would have heard by now. I doubt he would have been able to construct the garrote (possibly seeing it on the Discovery Channel is not the same as actually creating it and implementing it on your sibling), and there's little chance I could ever be convinced he was the author of the ransom note.

Oh, I agree-I don't think BR did the cover-up, the garrote, or the RN.
I just think he killed her (seeing as the children obviously were not asleep upon arrival that night) and mom and dad had to make it look like a cover-up.
I believe that JR learned that garrote method in the military overseas.
Also, wasn't he a sailor? Wouldn't he have been good with knots?

I have no basis for that belief. BTW, have you ever checked out this
website?
www.brugnatelli.net/fausto/index.htm
Did John write the note?? Or is site totally bogus?

ellen13 said:
that PR couldn't be near the kids because she was very
susceptible to infection and she couldn't take a chance of
getting near the children when they were sick.
Thanks for replying.
But when the kids were not sick, they were allowed to see their mother. Also, Patsy stayed in JAR's room during her chemo because of the more accessible bathroom access. (DOI).

ellen13 said:
Right, Nedra took care of them (imagine the negative impact on them). Also,

they others babysitting for them, one of which was considered a suspect for
a brief period of time.
To whom are you referring as a suspect Ellen?

I think Burke hurt JB in the head, the parents thought she was dead (or if she wasn't, PR couldn't stand the thought of having a disabled child), then both parents did the cover-up; I believe John did the garrote as well as the RN.
Isn't he the one who was cool as a cucumber, checking mail and making phone calls about flying out of Boulder?
I also have a second question about the sexual abuse. did anyone ever check to
see if Burke had been molested??

The other thing I cannot understand is Lou Smit. He was reputable for solving
some 90% of murder cases or something like 150. For such an experienced, insightful, and intelligent man, how could the Ramsey's have "snowed him?"
Perhaps JR was so numb to losing his other daughter in the car accident in 92
and Patsy was such an actress that they completely put on an act for them.
And if there was a killer on the loose, why haven't we seen more child killings in
Boulder? If the intruder theory is correct, then this person would more than likely kill again.
You take someone like Mark Klass or even Pam Vitale's husband for example.
They were immediately not suspects because they fully cooperated with police.
They didn't hide behind lawyers, not even Vitale's husband.

My opinion of Lou Smit was that he became too personally involved with the Ramseys (praying with them?) and was unable to maintain an objective stance. He did what they accuse police of - focusing on one theory (the intruder) and disregarding other suspects (the Ramseys themselves).

Good point about Burke possibly having been molested also. There isn't the same amount of trips to the doctor for Burke as there were for JonBenét, but then he's a boy and obviously has different anatomy, so wouldn't have vaginal irritation from bubble bath or abuse.

Ellen, I know way less about this case than most regular posters here. However, I do think that Burke's involvement would go a long way towards explaining the Ramsey's odd behavior, and towards explaining inconsistencies in the case.

Burke kills/gravely injures JBR, parents panic and try to cover up rather than have son blamed/incarcerated for what may have been an accident. The cover up is goofy - a not very convincing ("we are a foreign faction") ransom note is composed (written and rewritten, on site) to make look like part of a kidnapping plot, yet JBR is not taken away from the home, indicating "kidnapper" was not very motivated to really collect ransom. Why would a killer worry about covering up motive with a fake kidnapping plot? What was there to gain from the time wasted writing a ransom note? Why not arrive with a ransom note ready made?

Then the body is made to look like it has been a murder in the course of sexual assault - imho, the cover up tried to incorporate multiple criminal motives - kidnap, ransom, sexual assault...there is a sense of the plan being made up as they went along ("hey, what if we composed a ransom note? Maybe a killer would sexually assault her first. Hey, how about a garrotte?") without thinking about how all the different elements just didn't jibe with one another.

Your theory that Burke did it helps to tie together these things.

Thanks Sandra,

In addition, I did read that JBR and Burke "played doctor" on occassion.
This could explain her vaginal lacerations.
Did they ever give Burke a lie detector test? Can you imagine the questions
they could have asked him? To me, this is one of the biggest mistakes ever!!
Hell, why not give Burke a lie detector test now at this age!!!
What's wrong with law enforcement. I think I could do a better job having
taught kindergarten (basics, basics). I don't know why I still harbor such frustrations when the rest of the world has let this go! Why can't I move on too????

ellen13

Ellen
The rest of the world hasn't let go.
That's why we're here on these boards discussing this case.
Alot of people still want justice for JonBenet.
I doubt they would do a lie detector test now on Burke. He did get questioned for 5 hours during the GJ.

ellen13 said:
Thanks Sandra,

In addition, I did read that JBR and Burke "played doctor" on occassion.
This could explain her vaginal lacerations.
Did they ever give Burke a lie detector test? Can you imagine the questions
they could have asked him? To me, this is one of the biggest mistakes ever!!
Hell, why not give Burke a lie detector test now at this age!!!
What's wrong with law enforcement. I think I could do a better job having
taught kindergarten (basics, basics). I don't know why I still harbor such frustrations when the rest of the world has let this go! Why can't I move on too????

ellen13
If we are to assume that BR accidently killed his sister than we must assume that his parents are innocent of any intent or crime.

Knowing as we do that JBR's head injury was not even visible to the outside world my guess is that the R's would not even have known what was wrong with her.

I would suggest that the R's first reaction would have been to call an ambulance in order to try and save their little girl.

I just wanted to add that while Burke was 9 at the time of the murder, he was only 2 weeks away from turning 10...

I think it's entirely possible that he pushed her using his whole body, and she hit her head... and I've always liked the nintendo controller theory. (sorry, I forget who's theory that is)

IrishMist said:
I just wanted to add that while Burke was 9 at the time of the murder, he was only 2 weeks away from turning 10...

I think it's entirely possible that he pushed her using his whole body, and she hit her head... and I've always liked the nintendo controller theory. (sorry, I forget who's theory that is)
It was Toltec's theory and it's one I think could be possible too.

Zman said:
If we are to assume that BR accidently killed his sister than we must assume that his parents are innocent of any intent or crime.

Knowing as we do that JBR's head injury was not even visible to the outside world my guess is that the R's would not even have known what was wrong with her.

I would suggest that the R's first reaction would have been to call an ambulance in order to try and save their little girl.
The Ramsey's covering up the death of their daughter in order to protect their son is in itself a crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back