Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Hemphill County searching for missing teen
12547835_G.jpg

According Brown's mother, Penny Brown, he was last seen around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23. after spending the evening with friends, and has not been seen or heard from since.

According to the Canadian Record, searchers found Brown's SUV around 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 24 at the municipal wastewater treatment facility parked under some trees with no signs of foul play.
http://www.newschannel10.com/story/33793738/hemphill-county-searching-for-missing-teen

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I wonder if they have checked inside the facility? Though it seems he may have gotten into another car...What else is nearby this location?

Well (from 8:50 am / Nov. 26, 2016) ... :(:

"During an 8 am briefing at the Hemphill County Law Enforcement Center, Sheriff Nathan Lewis reported that a fresh team of dogs had been brought in yesterday and immediately picked up Brown’s scent. They tracked it east about 3/4 of a mile before running into water, where the hounds lost the scent and were unable to proceed." (BBM)

<snipped by me>

"Sheriff Lewis noted that Brown has likely been out for two very cold nights without warm clothes and could be in distress."

<snipped by me>

"'We have a missing person,' Sheriff Lewis said. 'He could be suicidal. We have indications from friends and family, and from an Instagram message he posted the day before he went missing.' Lewis said Brown did have a cell phone in his possession, but placed his last call at 12:23 am Thursday morning. The cell phone was then turned off and has not been on since." (BBM)
http://canadianrecord.com/?p=5403

Holidays can be particularly difficult for some people ....

I wonder if they have checked inside the facility? Though it seems he may have gotten into another car...What else is nearby this location?

The Canadian River is right there.

Well (from 8:50 am / Nov. 26, 2016) ... :(:

"During an 8 am briefing at the Hemphill County Law Enforcement Center, Sheriff Nathan Lewis reported that a fresh team of dogs had been brought in yesterday and immediately picked up Brown&#8217;s scent. They tracked it east about 3/4 of a mile before running into water, where the hounds lost the scent and were unable to proceed." (BBM)

<snipped by me>

"Sheriff Lewis noted that Brown has likely been out for two very cold nights without warm clothes and could be in distress."

<snipped by me>

"'We have a missing person,' Sheriff Lewis said. 'He could be suicidal. We have indications from friends and family, and from an Instagram message he posted the day before he went missing.' Lewis said Brown did have a cell phone in his possession, but placed his last call at 12:23 am Thursday morning. The cell phone was then turned off and has not been on since." (BBM)
http://canadianrecord.com/?p=5403

Holidays can be particularly difficult for some people ....

Aw dangit...I had my worries when I heard "water treatment facility." It is an oddly common choice for distressed people, I'm not sure if it is just because of convenient proximity to large bodies of water, or if it is the reservoirs, bridges or culverts that often come with the territory. I hope they find him soon.

Here is the latest from our local media. Basically, they have no clue what happened. He was seen on security cameras at 5 am which helped them locate his truck. Dogs were able to track his smell from his truck to a marshy area, that has about 6 in of water. The canadian river also has about 6 in of water. Those who know him do not think he committed suidice or ran off.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...ch-for-missing-teen-out-of-canadian-continues

Where is the family appeal for him to come home?

Where is the family appeal for him to come home?

There hasn't been that I have found. They have asked for prayers, but that is all. No missing Facebook page. No real call for volunteers.

I cant provide a link to this as you have to be a newspaper subscriber to read it, but the Canadian Record has an article new yesterday that they are still looking. They are using mounted search and rescuers and get about 10 miles a day along the Canadian River. Says they will stay and look until every mile of the river is covered.

______

So sad for his family. I have a son his age, and well, if something happened to him, I would not know what to do. We are supposed to get our first snow this weekend (upwards of 5 inches) and its be hard freezing at night.

Sigh. Still have not found him.

Tonight is our first snow. I worry that the snow will make it even harder to find him.

The missing teen from Canadian is not in the Canadian River or the surrounding area according to the Hemphill County Sheriff.

Hemphill Sheriff Nathan Lewis says mounted riders searched the river to the state line and found no sign of 18-year-old Thomas Brown.

Lewis says they're still watching surveillance video in the city and have it down to a three hour window.

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-canadian-teen-thomas-brown

Look at his smile.

I don't like this. :(

I don't either. I check multiple times a day to see if they have found him. It just breaks my momma heart to know he is out there somewhere, in the cold. The article I linked on the last page says something that has me curious:

Lewis says they're still watching surveillance video in the city and have it down to a three hour window.

They had said earlier they saw him drive by, on the way to the treatment plant, on Thanksgiving day early morning.

Whats with the three hour window??

Still missing.

Where are you Thomas?? The football team you play for is playing in the State Semi-Final game this week. They need you!

This is sad. Where is family& community groups in this search?

I am local and his brother and mom has made a statement to a local paper - but no missing Facebook page. They had been searching for him on horseback and helicopter, but nothing was found. LE used dogs...and they lost his scent. I have not heard of any searches other than what LE is doing.

LE has said he isn't in the Canadian River - but no other his radio silence. No news articles since the 2nd or so.

The general idea that is talked about among locals here is that a rancher will eventually find his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail